Quick Question Thread

39 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I'm the same with whisky. I can't stand the stuff. But I am intrigued and like the idea of relaxing and savouring the flavour of biscuity toffee notes and new leather finishes.

I presume the only way to remedy this is to get by the burny bit and the enjoyment will happen eventually ?

536bae116b4ae18333954b7a10b4a1a5.jpg

If you get a good whisky, sip a wee bit and squish it on your tongue rather than gulping at it. It's as if it evaporates before it even hits your throat. Get the same sensation with a decent champagne.

Alternatively, take a gulp out of your pint and just fire the whisky into it. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I can't honestly say for sure or not if I like beer itself, I just consume it for the alcohol. I'm not sure I enjoy the taste of it.

I don't mind a bottle of some craft ale thing if I'm at home (cooking for example, or cutting the grass). In pub I like a lager that tastes of f**k all. I don't want some wee beardy w****r hipster giving my rocket fuel all sorts of hints of caramel or notes of chocolate etc. Give me a Stella, Tennents or similarly flavourless concoction and let me get merry without any unnecessary fripperies. 

I've just overheard somebody (with a west of Scotland type accent) refer to chewing gum as 'chuggy'. Given that I know of 'chuddy' around Aberdeenshire at least, is this chuggy nonsense actually a widespread thing? Do these people know what a 'chug' actually is?

Madness.

I've just overheard somebody (with a west of Scotland type accent) refer to chewing gum as 'chuggy'. Given that I know of 'chuddy' around Aberdeenshire at least, is this chuggy nonsense actually a widespread thing? Do these people know what a 'chug' actually is?

Madness.

'Chuggy' was certainly a word used in reference to chewing gum when I was at school. Used without exception by the dregs of society.

49 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I'm the same with whisky. I can't stand the stuff. But I am intrigued and like the idea of relaxing and savouring the flavour of biscuity toffee notes and new leather finishes.

I presume the only way to remedy this is to get by the burny bit and the enjoyment will happen eventually ?

I'm in this boat. My mates all drink whiskey and they all seem to really enjoy it. I find myself getting quite jealous of them because every time I try to drink one of them my face ends up looking like a melted welly. I'll keep trying it until hopefully one day I'm an auld dick in a pub sitting with a hauf 'n' a hauf.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Madness.

Chuggy was widely used at my school in Dumbarton, aye. 

Madness.

I called it chuggy growing up, I presumed it was nationwide. Obviously chug was a totally different and more enjoyable.

Heard recently some EK folks call a Ginger boatil a G(J)eggy boatil.

Must be the roundabouts.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm in this boat. My mates all drink whiskey and they all seem to really enjoy it. I find myself getting quite jealous of them because every time I try to drink one of them my face ends up looking like a melted welly. I'll keep trying it until hopefully one day I'm an auld dick in a pub sitting with a hauf 'n' a hauf.

Chuggy was widely used at my school in Dumbarton, aye. 

You could try snorting it too - it's quite a good way to get used to spirits.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Madness.

Chuddy is all I've ever known. 

Are fat burning tablets a good idea?

Not particularly from what I gather. I know that was taking them, his Mrs idea and he just got on board. Side effects were that he was basically constantly roasting (sweating when just standing about, bright red face) and couldn't sleep. His bird was shagging about as well so probably best to stay clear of them imo.

You need to watch. If you eat too much fat whilst taking them it just runs freely out yer hole

I don't eat much fatty foods at all, I just drink at weekends. Just want a general consensus on them tbh, I want to lose about 1 - 1.5 stone ultimately.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I don't eat much fatty foods at all, I just drink at weekends. Just want a general consensus on them tbh, I want to lose about 1 - 1.5 stone ultimately.

Try Aids, stop after a fortnight though, it's really not good for you.