Quick Question Thread

Driving advice please - need to be at Clydebank at 9.30 on Monday morning. Was going to take the Stirling/Drymen/Balloch way, but thinking now that that's maybe not the best route.

What's the M80/M8 Westbound like through Glasgow like at morning rush hour these days?

Snarled up, very snarled up, or "Aw for f**k sake"?

Driving advice please - need to be at Clydebank at 9.30 on Monday morning. Was going to take the Stirling/Drymen/Balloch way, but thinking now that that's maybe not the best route.

What's the M80/M8 Westbound like through Glasgow like at morning rush hour these days?

Snarled up, very snarled up, or "Aw for f**k sake"?

The M80/M8 is annoyingly unpredictable in my experience. Some days it's great and others it's 45 mins to do 5 miles.

Are you travelling from Falkirk, Boghead ranter?

If so, if you decide you don't want to chance getting held up on the motorway or go the long way via Stirling/Balloch, then the Kilsyth/Milngavie road might be your best bet.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

The M80/M8 is annoyingly unpredictable in my experience. Some days it's great and others it's 45 mins to do 5 miles.

Are you travelling from Falkirk Boghead ranter?

If so and you don't want to chance getting held up on the motorway or go the long way via Stirling/Balloch, then the Kilsyth/Milngavie road might be your best bet.

Larbert, yeah.

My initial choice was Stirling straights, but as I can't leave until 8, and need to be at Clydebank Crematorium for 9:30, I think it's gonna be just that little bit too tight for time. I especially don't want to be sneaking into a funeral after it's started.

A couple of friends of FB have suggested Kirkintilloch/Milngavie as a middle-ground alternative, I might end up trying it.

Any route of the 3 could end up being a nightmare or a breeze, just depends on my luck on Monday morning I guess.

Cheers anyway.

This has been bugging me for ages - when you are playing Fifa on a games console, on say, ten minute halves, how do the game makers run the clock to 45 minutes per half??

1 minute ago, philpy said:

This has been bugging me for ages - when you are playing Fifa on a games console, on say, ten minute halves, how do the game makers run the clock to 45 minutes per half??

Are you fucking kidding? 

31 minutes ago, philpy said:

Delete your account immediately 

In some ways I sort of respect philpy for managing to survive this long without drowning in the bath or getting lost in a cupboard. 

I hope he donates his brain to medical science. I would love to see what a brain made entirely of dead insects looks like.

Edited by Jimmy85

Larbert, yeah.

My initial choice was Stirling straights, but as I can't leave until 8, and need to be at Clydebank Crematorium for 9:30, I think it's gonna be just that little bit too tight for time. I especially don't want to be sneaking into a funeral after it's started.

A couple of friends of FB have suggested Kirkintilloch/Milngavie as a middle-ground alternative, I might end up trying it.

Any route of the 3 could end up being a nightmare or a breeze, just depends on my luck on Monday morning I guess.

Cheers anyway.

90 mins from Larbert to Clydebank on M80 is a bit neat but certainly achievable at 8am. Unless some halfwit bounces his/her car off sumbdy else before youre through. Current odds sit at about one a fortnight I'm afraid. And we've had three clear weeks....

Just had a Banana Coffee(iced) in town, not bad.

However the guy make it said it will be ready in a couple minutes.  

He handed it to me after only one minute. How the f**k did he make a couple of minutes into one?

A genuine question about something i always wondered about. A ten minute half for instance - the clock has to run the equivalent of 45 minutes during the Game in that time frame. I just wondered how the Game developers go about doing that. Christ, even the wife knows what i mean, and she doesn't have a clue about about FIFA games.