Quick Question Thread

Can anyone in the Falkirk area recommend any fairly cheap gyms in and around the town centre? I know there's a Bannatyne's at the retail park but I imagine it's member-only or some ridiculous price for each time you go. I'm in Falkirk for a week every month based in a hotel in the centre (I do block release at Forth Valley College) so somewhere cheap I can pay under a fiver for each visit would be ideal.

I could really do with something to do at nights rather than sit around in the classy establishment that is Firkin's, listening to old men attempt to get their hole off the barmaid by using spectacular chat-up lines such as "sit on ma face, will ye hen?" :lol: That said, they do play some class tunes...

Can anyone in the Falkirk area recommend any fairly cheap gyms in and around the town centre? I know there's a Bannatyne's at the retail park but I imagine it's member-only or some ridiculous price for each time you go. I'm in Falkirk for a week every month based in a hotel in the centre (I do block release at Forth Valley College) so somewhere cheap I can pay under a fiver for each visit would be ideal.

I could really do with something to do at nights rather than sit around in the classy establishment that is Firkin's, listening to old men attempt to get their hole off the barmaid by using spectacular chat-up lines such as "sit on ma face, will ye hen?" :lol: That said, they do play some class tunes...

You could try Falkirk Health Club. It's not too far from the town centre on East Bridge Street. I've no idea what it's like, though, but it's the only one near the town centre I can think of.

You could try Falkirk Health Club. It's not too far from the town centre on East Bridge Street. I've no idea what it's like, though, but it's the only one near the town centre I can think of.

You also have Shipshape across from the police station West Bridge Street.

Edited by keithgy

Cheers, boys. The Shipshape club is looking like the better option, with it not being far from Falkirk Grahamston (my hotel is a two-minute walk from there). Seeing nothing on either of the websites about pay-as-you-go options, though, so I'll maybe just go into both and see what the craic is from there. Appreciate the help.

Cheers, boys. The Shipshape club is looking like the better option, with it not being far from Falkirk Grahamston (my hotel is a two-minute walk from there). Seeing nothing on either of the websites about pay-as-you-go options, though, so I'll maybe just go into both and see what the craic is from there. Appreciate the help.

You staying in the Grahams?

I have a question about the NHS. I was told if I lived outside the UK long enough and thus didn't pay NI contributions, I wouldn't be entitled to non-emergency care. Is this true? I'm still a UK citizen but have permanent residency in the Czech Republic.

Edited by Breaking Decency

I have a question about the NHS. I was told if I lived outside the UK long enough and thus didn't pay NI contributions, I wouldn't be entitled to non-emergency care. Is this true? I'm still a UK citizen but have permanent residency in the Czech Republic.

http://www.whippsx.nhs.uk/uploaded_files/entitlement_to_nhs_hospital_treatment_for_non-resisdent_uk_citizens.pdf

There you go.

My spacebar is broken. This is very annoying when typing. Should I

1. Attempt to take the key out and fix the problem.

2. Pay money to get this fixed (how much would this be?)

Clean the spunk out from under it, there's a good lad.

Edited by Mik

Can anyone tell me if it is absolutely certain that the Megabus between Glasgow and Aberdeen will have a bog on board? I might have to get one but hate long distance coach travel and the return journey with a hangover could well lead to a chunder.

If I remember correctly only the double decker ones have a bog and they're not used all the time (double deckers I mean). In saying that it's a few years since I got one.

Edited by dave258

Mortgages :( - I'd really appreciate some help from anybody with a bit of knowledge in the area. I've made an appointment with an advisor but won't see them until next week so any assistance in the meantime would be spot on.

My wife and I are looking to upgrade to a more family friendly house. We went to see one today, which is actually through a friend-of-a-friend kind of thing. The house is ideal. They are looking to sell quick-ish. House valued at about 200k, but willing to accept 185k. In hypothetical terms, after we sell out house , pay solicitors fees etc. we should have 30-35k as a deposit.

When getting quotes do you use the house value (200k) or the amount you have agreed (in principle) to buy at (185k)?

This will have pretty big issues in LTV percentages etc. and whether we put down a 15, 20 or 25% deposit - Ideally I'd like to keep the monthly cost down to a minimum.

If it was the 200k value, and we agree 185k, does that leave a 15k 'gap', where, if possible, I need to add 35k to the deposit to ensure a 25% deposit, therefore getting a better rate? Or do you simply use the figure you pay for the house?

I'm not too clued up on the whole mortgages business, and as stated, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by kanadia