Quick Question Thread

15 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bus tour?

Think we just took the train .

Eta:  that's clearly a lie, don't think there is a train.  Bus then.  I don't know...

HTH

Edited by Hedgecutter

Think we just took the train .
Eta:  that's clearly a lie, don't think there is a train.  Bus then.  I don't know...
HTH

Alzheimers thread for this peas mmm I like peas especially with a nice steak who are you again?

16 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Does the Countess of Dumbarton organically turn into a lizard or does she need to go through a process of species realignment?

I think you're thinking of Neve Mcintosh.  Both wids.

Neve.JPG.aef5e99d68c8c40982243b390b4b4c1e.JPG

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Can anyone tell me the perfect way to cook Square or *shudders* Lorne? Any time I cook it it's cremated on the outside and still pink on the inside. 

Flatten it before you put it in the pan, don't have the heat up too high and don't put any oil in the pan, enough will come out as it cooks.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

How are you cooking it currently?

Frying Pan, With oil.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Flatten it before you put it in the pan, don't have the heat up too high and don't put any oil in the pan, enough will come out as it cooks.

No oil is a good tip I'll try this next time.

Guest Moomintroll
7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Can anyone tell me the perfect way to cook Square or *shudders* Lorne? Any time I cook it it's cremated on the outside and still pink on the inside. 

If you are grilling it then turn then turn the grill down to c170 degrees, If you are frying then use less oil/fat and turn down the gas a bit or if you are using an electric hob then turn it down 1 setting.

Guest Moomintroll

Either that or go to a roll shop and get a ready made treat for the taste buds that is not available to us types who live in England, not that I'm bitter or anything.

15 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Start by binning what you've just cooked.  Go to a reputable local butcher (not a supermarket).  Buy the best quality pork sausage that they do.  Take the skin/casing off said sausage and form in to a disk and fry at a reasonably hot temperature so it's nicely seared on both sides but also cooked through.  This will be a far superior product than anything you buy called 'square' sausage which is largely composed of pigs' vaginas and foreskins and sold to the unthinking Scotch as 'heritage food'.

Thank me later.

Guest Moomintroll
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Start by binning what you've just cooked.  Go to a reputable local butcher (not a supermarket).  Buy the best quality pork sausage that they do.  Take the skin/casing off said sausage and form in to a disk and fry at a reasonably hot temperature so it's nicely seared on both sides but also cooked through.  This will be a far superior product than anything you buy called 'square' sausage which is largely composed of pigs' vaginas and foreskins and sold to the unthinking Scotch as 'heritage food'.

Thank me later.

Kincy, I work in Wholesale Catering & Retail supplies, believe me, even if you go to the most reputable Butcher there will be an element of lips and arsehole in any sausage or burger product no matter how much they talk up the quality of their product. I do agree that the higher end you go the lower the percentage is but that applies to the best Butchers in Scotland as much as the artisan producers down here.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Kincy, I work in Wholesale Catering & Retail supplies, believe me, even if you go to the most reputable Butcher there will be an element of lips and arsehole in any sausage or burger product no matter how much they talk up the quality of their product. I do agree that the higher end you go the lower the percentage is but that applies to the best Butchers in Scotland as much as the artisan producers down here.

Yes, of course.  The worst of the worst is what passes as 'Lorne/Square' in Scotland.  I'd not feed it to my ex Mrs's dug.  Might feed to to my ex Mrs, mind.

Guest Moomintroll
5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yes, of course.  The worst of the worst is what passes as 'Lorne/Square' in Scotland.  I'd not feed it to my ex Mrs's dug.  Might feed to to my ex Mrs, mind.

The EU had to invent new descriptions for McKechnie Jess' output allegedly. I could not possibly comment.