Quick Question Thread

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've been trying to go on a nostalgia trip. I've been watching a lot of films I enjoyed when I was young and I'm a bit of an avid dvd collector. (I have a room set-up like an old Blockbusters - it's sad I know).

Anyways - I've been trying to hunt down a childhood favourite - Song of the South. It's largely been banned due to it being rather racist which is fair enough tbf. I'd love to own a copy of it though as I loved it as a child and it's one of the very few missing from my old Disney collection (Clearly a child racist IMO). Anyone know if it's available anywhere?!

Are you Bob Holness?

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've been trying to go on a nostalgia trip. I've been watching a lot of films I enjoyed when I was young and I'm a bit of an avid dvd collector. (I have a room set-up like an old Blockbusters - it's sad I know).

Anyways - I've been trying to hunt down a childhood favourite - Song of the South. It's largely been banned due to it being rather racist which is fair enough tbf. I'd love to own a copy of it though as I loved it as a child and it's one of the very few missing from my old Disney collection (Clearly a child racist IMO). Anyone know if it's available anywhere?!

Couple of used copies on Amazon.

Amazing to think that it has been released on video/dvd elsewhere in the world, but is a bit too racist for America. Fucking America!

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats happened to Skidmarks?

Found by WTM?

Homeless after being sacked for his extreme views on a football forum full of alcoholic weirdos?

Posting under an alias?

Either way.... goodnight sweet Skidmark.

Tied up in 8 Mile's cellar before he brings out the Gimp O'Grady. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Skidmarks posted last week, just as I'd been wondering where he was. I'm pretty sure his Mrs is pregnant again so he's probably busy.

Looking for the guy?

Skidmarks posted last week, just as I'd been wondering where he was. I'm pretty sure his Mrs is pregnant again so he's probably busy.

My question is: Why do people like Oasis?

Cause it tastes fucking lovely. Summer fruits ideal.

I know you probably mean the band.

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What do you call a snooker in pool?

i.e. if we were playing pool and you got, er, snookered, you'd be snookered. But assuming that Americans don't know about or play snooker, what do they call a snooker when they are playing pool?

A difficult shot.

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

i.e. if we were playing pool and you got, er, snookered, you'd be snookered. But assuming that Americans don't know about or play snooker, what do they call a snooker when they are playing pool?

Behind the eight ball.

They would just shoot the table until the game was over

Hooked.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Behind the eight ball.

That's what I was going to say - it's a common expression to mean that basically you're fucked, in any situation (not just the game).

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

That's what I was going to say - it's a common expression to mean that basically you're fucked, in any situation (not just the game).

But a snooker doesn't mean you're fucked necessarily ... just that you need to go off a cushion to hit the target ball. Surely they wouldn't refer to it as behind the 8th ball if you're actually behind the 5th?

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

But a snooker doesn't mean you're fucked necessarily ... just that you need to go off a cushion to hit the target ball. Surely they wouldn't refer to it as behind the 8th ball if you're actually behind the 5th?

No, but that's the origin of the term.