Quick Question Thread

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Who the hell is Gerry Cinnamon and why are so many folk on Facebook begging for tickets to see him in Inverness tonight?

Sams and the Raj are better

18 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Who the hell is Gerry Cinnamon and why are so many folk on Facebook begging for tickets to see him in Inverness tonight?

I can't even think of the correct term but its for the cool/edgy kids.

On the parking fine theme, and cash strapped local authorities.....

Just received a Penalty Charge Notice (£60) with photo evidence, for momentarily straying into a bus lane in Huddersfield town centre. Must pay within 21 days or court action will follow.
Any legal beagles out there who can tell me if this £60 fine would, or could be pursued in Scotland?

Police and Local Authority fines are different to the diddy parking ones from supermarkets etc. If you did it and dont have an excuse then suck it up and pay it because the ccj etc can impact your credit rating.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He's the b*****d son of Gerry McNee and Sally Cinnamon. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Police and Local Authority fines are different to the diddy parking ones from supermarkets etc. If you did it and dont have an excuse then suck it up and pay it because the ccj etc can impact your credit rating.

Pretty much sums it up. The only thing that might get you off with it would be that the Local Authority are too cash-strapped or too hopeless to pursue it through the criminal courts.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it without some reason to believe that Huddersfield Council don't tend to pursue this sort of thing. It's only £60, and may cost you significantly more if they do chase you.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I would always pay these as it's under criminal law. I've had a few so called civil law tickets while in hotel car parks and private places. They threaten you with all sorts and provide photographic evidence but they have no legal power to make you identify the driver, only the police can do that in Scotland anyway if they have reasonable cause to think a crime has been committed. I have a drawer full of their letters threatening to take me to court and upping their fines. They do it to scare people but if you ignore them and DO NOT contact them back they give up in my experience. They don't spend thousands taking folk to court to recover a minimal fine. Martin Lewis's website forum was good for me a few years ago.

6 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Is it very sad that after watching a few young guys having a wee “dance off” breakdance style, I went and spent £300 on two pairs of Adidas & a trackie top? Yes, yes it is!

Yes, yes it is.

My old Dell laptop died a couple of years ago and I never bothered replacing it. Back to additional studying after a good few years since I was a student, so need to get a new one. Will only really be using it for office and maybe downloading music. Not looking at spending too much, £3-400

What should I buy?

ETA - off topic but Ronaldo’s goal was good but Mexes and Ibrahimovic’s overhead kicks were better, as was Rooney’s and Sinclair’s as previously mentioned.

I’d suggest starting here:

https://www.europc.co.uk

Not entirely sure how it works but I think it’s basically bin ends of high spec stuff at big discounts to RRP. Based in Hillington. Have used them a few times, never any bother.

Yes, it will give your ego a nice boost if it's a tiny todger, which it probably is.

I’ll let the poster in question forward it to yourself. I can only assume it is not he in the image.