Quick Question Thread

I share  a mailbox with 8 other flats. Recently 4/5 of my letters have been clearly opened before I've got to them. Other letters remain un-opened addressed to other people. Been racking my brains why one of my fuckwit neighbours would do this. Looking for money? Nosey b*****ds? Makes no sense to just target my mail. What is my best course of action? It's not a particularly rough block, and to my knowledge no celtic fans live here. Baffling.
when i moved out my last house a guy from my local pub was lucky to get it so i asked him to pass on any mail that was still being sent there and he did. came to xmas time and my irish gran sent me a card and she always puts money in it, she wont stop despite my pleas and telling her im far too old. anyway she sent it to my old address by accident and when i asked the boy he said it had never arrived. noticed later that night he paid for his drink with an Irish £20 note!

the boy has no links to ireland what so ever!

when i moved out my last house a guy from my local pub was lucky to get it so i asked him to pass on any mail that was still being sent there and he did. came to xmas time and my irish gran sent me a card and she always puts money in it, she wont stop despite my pleas and telling her im far too old. anyway she sent it to my old address by accident and when i asked the boy he said it had never arrived. noticed later that night he paid for his drink with an Irish £20 note!

the boy has no links to ireland what so ever!

Did you not say anything?
I’d have paid for my next drink with a £50 and asked for the Irish note in my change, taken it to the police for forensic testing (fingerprints/ DNA), proving conclusively that it had been handled by your gran.

Or maybe I’d have just sat there wondering if the guy was a thief, probably the latter tbh.

Did you not say anything?
I’d have paid for my next drink with a £50 and asked for the Irish note in my change, taken it to the police for forensic testing (fingerprints/ DNA), proving conclusively that it had been handled by your gran.

Or maybe I’d have just sat there wondering if the guy was a thief, probably the latter tbh.
i could have made a big deal of it but if he denied it what did i really have to back me up? was considering a CSI:angus.

the money didnt bother me at all it was my gran i felt bad for as she got all worried about it. callled her back and said id recieves it so her mind was at peace.

18 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i could have made a big deal of it but if he denied it what did i really have to back me up? was considering a CSI:angus.

the money didnt bother me at all it was my gran i felt bad for as she got all worried about it. callled her back and said id recieves it so her mind was at peace.

CSI Angus wouldn't work as everybody has the same DNA and there are no dental records.

As for pretending you'd received the card, what would you have done if she'd said, "That's funny - I've just found it behind the clock, I forgot to post it!"

CSI Angus wouldn't work as everybody has the same DNA and there are no dental records.
As for pretending you'd received the card, what would you have done if she'd said, "That's funny - I've just found it behind the clock, I forgot to post it!"
she got dementia and it just seemed like the best thing to say to her.

Do you genuinely think he’s the type of guy that would do that sort of thing?
See your point about putting your grans mind at rest, what part of Ireland is she from? Is calling the boys in not an option?

Eh, they would be checking for Irish DNA & unless his grandmother seals envelopes by biting them, dental records wouldn’t come into it.

Lt Horatio Caine.

6 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Eh, they would be checking for Irish DNA & unless his grandmother seals envelopes by biting them, dental records wouldn’t come into it.

Lt Horatio Caine.

I wasn't talking about the envelope in particular, it was an adaptation of a joke about the TV show. Didn't really work.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Anyone else having pancakes later?

Why have them later when you can have them for breakfast

Very true.

Whilst Im here, your shop's pizza sign is in the wrong aisle.  I wasted nearly 20 seconds the other night looking for pizzas only to realise they were in the next aisle.  

I'll be in later with a strongly worded letter to your manager. 

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The bottom of my radiator in the kitchen leaks every so often , does this mean the radiator needs bleeding? Just seems to be the one side

No, it is leaking, probably stops when the heating is on due to expansion.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The bottom of my radiator in the kitchen leaks every so often , does this mean the radiator needs bleeding? Just seems to be the one side

No, it needs fixed. Usually just tightening all the connections is the first step. Also, it's not always obvious where it's leaking from. It might leak when it's cooling down/heating up. You've maybe whacked the pipe feeding into it.