Quick Question Thread

31 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Dogs generally point to magnetic north when they shit, and it's a matter for concern for them, hence the fact that they spin. Nobody really knows why this is.

Facts you made up thread for this pish

Although, this is a good one, in that it could *just well* be true. Better than 99% of the facts on that thread.

5 hours ago, Gregor147 said:

Who picks up guide dog poo?

True story. Used to know a blind guy who was very independent. He used to head into Edinburgh city centre on the bus, have a wander around and then get the bus home. One day he walked along the Meadows before he got to his regular bus stop to head home. When his bus arrived he got on board, took his seat, folded up his white stick and waited for the driver to give him a shout when they got to his stop. Just after he sat down he got an overpowering smell of shite. He moved seats but could still smell it really badly so he figured out that it must have been on his shoe. When he reached his stop, the driver gave him a shout and he got off the bus and walked the short distance to his house. When he got in his house his wife asked him what the f**k had happened to him, he was covered in shite all over his coat. It turned out that just before he got on the bus, he speared a dog shit that was on the ground with his white stick and then when he sat down he folded the stick against his body and covered himself in the shite. :lol:

I bought a new carpet about 3 years ago for the lounge thats needing replaced already (light carpet/ 2 kids).

The thing is, I spent a lot on the underlay at the time, buying that 12mm tredaire stuff. Would I need to replace both the carpet and the underlay or can I still keep this one for a few more years?

18 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I bought a new carpet about 3 years ago for the lounge thats needing replaced already (light carpet/ 2 kids).

The thing is, I spent a lot on the underlay at the time, buying that 12mm tredaire stuff. Would I need to replace both the carpet and the underlay or can I still keep this one for a few more years?

Underlay should last for donkeys

Nothing wrong with it, did it all the time when  travelling.

I never think anything of it when I see someone else doing it, but for some reason I’m hesitant myself.

20 minutes ago, smpar said:

I never think anything of it when I see someone else doing it, but for some reason I’m hesitant myself.

A nice thing I've noticed is if you go into a fairly posh restaurant to treat yourself after a long shift, still a bit grimy, the waiters treat you really well.

Are there genuinely folk who'd avoid eating out while alone in case some strangers thought they were weird?

What do you do if you're away from home? Pot Noodle in the hotel room?