Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I have some recently acquired letters after my name (maybe a bit OTT to put them after my P&B name) relating to your very question in Edinburgh so don’t hesitate to ask for any advice.

HMP Edinburgh?

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

She must be a fine woman. Many great people come from near Dunfermline. Jim Leishman, Bert Paton, Scott Brown, Barbara Dickson, Skin Diamond. 

I have some recently acquired letters after my name (maybe a bit OTT to put them after my P&B name) relating to your very question in Edinburgh so don’t hesitate to ask for any advice.

Shandon Par, Estate Agent C.U.N.T

Been caught speeding on the A90 going in to Edinburgh.

The road where the A90 joins Queensferry Road, it’s a 40mph zone I’ve been caught in, going 56, the 40mph zone comes in just after the 70mph zone, not a busy residential area and tbh the queue of traffic I was in will have all got tickets, everyone kept their speed up a bit to get past the final light before it went red. Those that know the road will know what I mean.

Just had a look and it looks like it’s now a band B offence and I can now get fined a weeks wages and upto 6 points on my licence. However I believe that’s worst case scenario and they take other factors into account, how busy the area is, the location, weather conditions, if I’ve got a passenger or I’m near a school etc.

Obviously none of that applies and I was basically just coming from a 70mph zone and hadn’t slowed down quickly enough.

Is it possible I’ll just get 3 points and a £100 fine, or am I gonna be paying a fair whack for this? Currently have a clean licence.

Anyone had any experience under the new laws?

Believe a band A offence can now take upto 75% of your weekly wage now, and you can get that for going 36 in a 30, don’t imagine that will actually be happening though.

ETA: after looking into it a wee bit more it’ll be £100 and 3 points, unless I dispute it/avoid it or have a history of speeding offences in the last 4 years. I’d then have to go to court and could then be hit with the new fines that came in in April. Supposedly this was exactly the same before April except the percentage of wages etc they fined in court was lower.

ETA 2: actually scrap that, these new laws only apply in England and Wales. Ffs.

Any recommendations for decent takeaway lunch places in Glasgow near Central? 
Bored of the same places every day.

Henry Healy’s Mitchell St. (opposite multi storey). Good old fashioned spam salad and extra salt n pepper on a well fired roll and lentil soup. Can’t go wrong.

Been caught speeding on the A90 going in to Edinburgh.

The road where the A90 joins Queensferry Road, it’s a 40mph zone I’ve been caught in, going 56, the 40mph zone comes in just after the 70mph zone, not a busy residential area and tbh the queue of traffic I was in will have all got tickets, everyone kept their speed up a bit to get past the final light before it went red. Those that know the road will know what I mean.

Just had a look and it looks like it’s now a band B offence and I can now get fined a weeks wages and upto 6 points on my licence. However I believe that’s worst case scenario and they take other factors into account, how busy the area is, the location, weather conditions, if I’ve got a passenger or I’m near a school etc.

Obviously none of that applies and I was basically just coming from a 70mph zone and hadn’t slowed down quickly enough.

Is it possible I’ll just get 3 points and a £100 fine, or am I gonna be paying a fair whack for this? Currently have a clean licence.

Anyone had any experience under the new laws?

Believe a band A offence can now take upto 75% of your weekly wage now, and you can get that for going 36 in a 30, don’t imagine that will actually be happening though.

ETA: after looking into it a wee bit more it’ll be £100 and 3 points, unless I dispute it/avoid it or have a history of speeding offences in the last 4 years. I’d then have to go to court and could then be hit with the new fines that came in in April. Supposedly this was exactly the same before April except the percentage of wages etc they fined in court was lower.

ETA 2: actually scrap that, these new laws only apply in England and Wales. Ffs.

Pistonheads for this pish

Pistonheads for this pish

I like cars but clueless about them, not a car dick either. Licence clean. Just shitting myself after going on to google and seeing the possible fines you can now get, without realising that I was looking at England and Wales stuff.

Scotland seems to be £100 and 3 points unless it’s grossly excessive, where you can end up in court.

Should hopefully just get the standard. Hoped someone could help. [emoji1]

12 months ago I had a clean licence and would regale all my foolish pals about how you would have to be criminally negligent or just plain stupid to get caught speeding these days. Roll on to today where I’m 8 points up and £450 down and I’m not quite so opinionated.....

That’s karma in action right there kids.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Haha cheers. Great news after what I’ve been looking at tonight tbh.

Just take the points and pay the £100, by the sounds of it. Did you get stopped by the cops or did you just get a letter in the post?

Just take the points and pay the £100, by the sounds of it. Did you get stopped by the cops or did you just get a letter in the post?

Letter in the post when I got in tonight.

Pain in the arse, will gladly accept the 3 points and fine as I was over, remember seeing the van at the side of the road and thinking I’d be ok as I was just going the same speed as everyone else. [emoji1]

Need to fill in the letter which just says I’m the registered owner etc to say I was the one driving it and send it back.