Quick Question Thread

On 14/11/2017 at 14:59, throbber said:

I tried asking in the E - chat forum but my MacBook has contracted some sort of dodgy virus after i clicked on something that required an adobe update. Should i just spend the £5 a month on Mackeeper to sort the problem out or is there a free option i can find for this?

Think that AVG free edition might sort you out.

13 minutes ago, sugna said:

Think that AVG free edition might sort you out.

Thanks man, I have installed this and its doing a scan now. Its just shitty spamming websites keep opening up fresh windows all the time just now. I have a pop up blocker on and its not helping. Hopefully once its scanned I can get rid of some of the junk without having to pay fucking apple for it.

Might get my brother a cookbook for Christmas. Would anyone here recommend a recipe/cookbook for a beginner chef? He made me pasta with grated cheese years ago when we were both younger, and I don' think he's ever cooked anything else since then apart from Pot Noodles and burnt toast. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Might get my brother a cookbook for Christmas. Would anyone here recommend a recipe/cookbook for a beginner chef? He made me pasta with grated cheese years ago when we were both younger, and I don' think he's ever cooked anything else since then apart from Pot Noodles and burnt toast. 

What about Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredients?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Get one of Jamie Olivers ones. He does a lot of simple scran, maybe one of the 30 minute meals ones or something.

Just now, throbber said:

What about Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredients?

Cheers lads. A quick look on Amazon suggests I shouldn't have too much trouble finding one!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Get one of Jamie Olivers ones. He does a lot of simple scran, maybe one of the 30 minute meals ones or something.

His 30 minute meals one came under a bit of scrutiny as they take far more than 30 minutes to make and have a shit load of ingredients, some of them aren't exactly the most common of ingredients either.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye because he had everything already out in a kitchen with the oven hot/kettle boiled etc when he did it on the telly.

Its easy when you dont have to rake the fridge for shit and cowp all the pots and pans over the floor looking the right b*****ding lid

I think there was a Watchdog special on it as well as other chefs who had so called quick meals and it took experienced chefs 45 minutes - 1 hour to make a lot of the meals. I don't particularly like Jamie Oliver but the 5 ingredients book is pretty decent, you need basics in the kitchen such as red wine vinegar and olive oil and a few other things but the meals are pretty much as simple as they can be.

Sounds like he really enjoys cooking and will love that gift, good shout...
What next? Abu Hamza gloves or James Forrest a scarf?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think there was a Watchdog special on it as well as other chefs who had so called quick meals and it took experienced chefs 45 minutes - 1 hour to make a lot of the meals. I don't particularly like Jamie Oliver but the 5 ingredients book is pretty decent, you need basics in the kitchen such as red wine vinegar and olive oil and a few other things but the meals are pretty much as simple as they can be.

Aye that's what I'm looking for; recipes that make a decent meal out of basic ingredients.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Sounds like he really enjoys cooking and will love that gift, good shout...
What next? Abu Hamza gloves or James Forrest a scarf?

He doesn't hate cooking, he just can't be arsed. But he'll be moving in with his partner soon and will have to get his finger out.

He doesn't hate cooking, he just can't be arsed. But he'll be moving in with his partner soon and will have to get his finger out.

I’m sure wee Jimmy Forrest doesn’t hate scarves either, just doesn’t want one.
Nah, it could be good. Hopefully show him that with a wee bit effort it can have a big result. I fair enjoy cooking, I detest cooking books though. I’ll look up a recipe online (which I could do in a book, I know) for an idea then just wing it and see what happens.

A couple of years ago I was conned into an introductory offer for Boxfresh where they deliver every ingredient in its basic state. Never again!! Mrs Boo would come home and every pot was being used and I was a stressed out gibbering mess.....grrrr

In the unlikely event that I'm appointed Pope, I'd have to choose a name. Why don't they just choose their own name? Pope Cardinal Richelieu (not really my name) has quite  a nice ring to it. 

As Cardinal one goes by one’s surname but popes go by their first name so you’d be Pope Armand

A cardinal who’s first name was Mercure who became pope and thought that being named after a pagan god might be a little awkward established the tradition of choosing a new name.

At least that’s how I remember it

If Freddie Mercury has ever been a cardinal he’d have faced a similar problem.

As Cardinal one goes by one’s surname but popes go by their first name so you’d be Pope Armand

A cardinal who’s first name was Mercure who became pope and thought that being named after a pagan god might be a little awkward established the tradition of choosing a new name.

At least that’s how I remember it

If Freddie Mercury has ever been a cardinal he’d have faced a similar problem.

I'd of paid serious cash to see pope mercury

19 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In the unlikely event that I'm appointed Pope, I'd have to choose a name. Why don't they just choose their own name? Pope Cardinal Richelieu (not really my name) has quite  a nice ring to it. 

I would call myself Mobile.