Quick Question Thread

I’ve started taking a dash of cold water in my black coffee. Just as some folk describe with their whisky, the cold water seems to bring out the flavour more (and obviously you can drink it quicker).

This was exactly how my mother drunk coffee.

Anyway, new laptop today. First for 7 years. Window 10 installed, heard many bad word about this..so far so good. Anything I've got to look out for or any tips would be helpful. I'm your pen & paper man. All friendly advise would be welcome.

40 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Will Thistle make the championship play offs next season?

I spent half of last season saying we are not the worst team in the league.

Then I asked, "Who is worst?" and every time I had an answer, they beat us.

See if the same thing happens to you - and you will have your answer.

Will be having to spend quite a bit of time in Glasgow in the coming weeks (got a flat I need to tart up and flog). Any tips on how to deal with the locals? Will need to consult KB's helpful city centre map (think this one is just on the edge of the centre). 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Will be having to spend quite a bit of time in Glasgow in the coming weeks (got a flat I need to tart up and flog). Any tips on how to deal with the locals? Will need to consult KB's helpful city centre map (think this one is just on the edge of the centre). 

Just remember that your now in a superior city, that'll do you fine.  And don't ask for salt'n'sauce at the chippy, it's salt'n'vinegar.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

To a fashion.  Plastic or wooden forks, possibly at a cost.

Good advice, thank you. The previous occupant of said flat had an issue with "neds" shooting out his windows with an airgun. I expect they were just a little rusty ahead of the grouse season. We don't have neds (whatever they are) in my little corner of Edinburgh so I look forward to meeting them. 

On 14/10/2017 at 19:41, ayrshire_nomad said:

Night out in Kilmarnock coming up, where's the decent pubs and possibly more importantly where to avoid please

In terms of decent pubs: The First Edition, Fanny By Gaslight, Paris Match and The Brass & Granite have all been good whenever I have been.  I have never been in the Portmann Hotel, but apparently that is alright as well.