Quick Question Thread

Has anybody ever bought a pre-owned/refurbished phone from the likes of giffgaff and to what success?

Got the boy a gold iPhone 6 from Quick Mobile Fix for c.£200 back in May. Looked like new, seems to work fine and 12 month warranty. Only thing I recall is it took a couple of weeks between ordering and it arriving.

Currently decorating a customers living room, walls been stripped ready for plasterer, woodwork getting painted, brand new stove and hearth, fresh carpet going down, rooms gonna look great once finished right?
Except....the utterly rancid anaglypta that's been on the ceiling since the 80's is being retained, despite my recommendation to do the whole job properly all at once (getting ceiling stripped then skimmed etc).
They're spending all this money on other aspects yet leaving the ceiling which ruins the whole fucking job.

There's a common saying for this scenario.
Something something for the sake of some other fucking something or other.
Losing the heed at not being able to remember this.

Got it!

'The job's fucked'

You're welcome.

On 9/6/2017 at 20:58, Iminavest said:

Has anybody ever bought a pre-owned/refurbished phone from the likes of giffgaff and to what success?

I got one from eBay but 'Music Magpie' with a one-year warranty it was great and I got a cheap as chips sim only deal.

With Hearts taking Murrayfield for a few weeks why do they and Hibs never try to use it for games between the two sides? Surely would be a great money spinner, it would give day trippers a better chance of watching an Edinburgh Derby and could be great for the fans.

Hearts floated the idea of moving the 2006 Derby Semifinal to Murrayfield to allow another 17,000 people to see what we all thought would be the Derby of a lifetime

Hibs were lukewarm on the idea and the SFA didn't seem to like the idea of moving a big game outside Glasgow.

Hearts fans alsotend to have a knee jerk negativity towards playing at Murrayfield for any reason thanks to Chris Robinson's plan to sell Tynecastle and move into Murrayfield permanently

Our European games there were often seen as the thin end of a wedge.

That and our results weren't all that good and the stadium took a lot of the blame. Some of that was fair, some of it was magical thinking

If we somehow secure an unlikely 9 points from Aberdeen, Rangers and Saint Johnstone then the idea of moving showpiece games to the big ground across the tracks might gain currency again.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there any scientific clout behind the fact that a journey home always feels significantly quicker than going?

Yes. You are however many days/hours older. Therefore the return leg takes up a smaller percentage of your overall lifespan. In the same way the summer hols would feel like a lifetime whereas now a year can pass in the blink of an eye. 

Is there any scientific clout behind the fact that a journey home always feels significantly quicker than going?

I'm not sure about that. I was down in the Lake District for a few days and the journey there seemed to take no time at all, journey back seemed to go on forever.

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yes. You are however many days/hours older. Therefore the return leg takes up a smaller percentage of your overall lifespan. In the same way the summer hols would feel like a lifetime whereas now a year can pass in the blink of an eye. 

That makes no sense at all.  None.  Not even a little bit.  

I'm not saying it's the most senseless post I've see on P&B, but it's close. Very close.

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I have a hooded rain jacket bought a few years ago at great expense from my Subaru dealer. Lately it seems to have lost its water repellent properties. Is there some treatment I can apply which would restore it's water proofness?

Why buy an overpriced jacket from a car dealer?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Might extend that invitation back your way but need to sharpen myself up first. Its one thing getting tanked off my mate but off a fifer.... Thats something else entirely

It's "light sparring" only at those Exercise4Less gyms anyway - think you'd get turfed out if you start spraying blood everywhere.