Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Why is Kilmarnock's ground so big when their attendances don't warrant it? Even when they have a healthy crowd relative to their position and population it looks really sparse due to the sheer size of the ground. The home end today looks half empty.

They saw the big crowds at Murrayfield and said "our rugby park needs to be that big to fit in all the people."

I guess somebody got confused somewhere. 

Looking for some advice on somewhere to go for a night away.

Got childcare but the only way we can really work it is to get the MIL to come and stay at ours, meaning we have to make ourselves scarce...

Usually just go to Glasgow or that but looking a bit further afield. Was thinking Inverness as I fancy trying that Rocpool place.

Anywhere of less than say 3.5 hours drive from Falkirk with somewhere nice to eat and a couole of pubs really.

Suggestions welcome. Not Oban though, and preferably North rather than South

Dunblane Hydro or Peebles Hydro immediately spring to mind if it's for a night away with the missus with good food and drink. Maybe also worth looking at Gleneagles or heading up to St Andrews?

Dunblane Hydro or Peebles Hydro immediately spring to mind if it's for a night away with the missus with good food and drink. Maybe also worth looking at Gleneagles or heading up to St Andrews?

I got a good room and restaurant deal for the Peebles Hydro earlier this year (probably through itison) and my other half loved it. Great little town with the centre very close to the hotel, and I recommend the wine shop (Vil... something) for a take away bottle. Decent enough curry house around the corner too if folk want a change from the hotel restaurant. Good cooked breakfast also, although Gleneagles is unrivalled for that. Had one there once and the buffet breakfast is the thing of dreams. Probably why it's £40 a head for non-residents.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I got a good room and restaurant deal for the Peebles Hydro earlier this year (probably through itison) and my other half loved it. Great little town with the centre very close to the hotel, and I recommend the wine shop (Vil... something) for a take away bottle. Decent enough curry house around the corner too if folk want a change from the hotel restaurant. Good cooked breakfast also, although Gleneagles is unrivalled for that. Had one there once and the buffet breakfast is the thing of dreams. Probably why it's £40 a head for non-residents.

£40 a head for fucking breakfast? I'd bring a doggie skip.

Took the kids up to Blair Drummond Safari Park today and on the way up this morning and on the way back this afternoon saw a load of what appeared to be Caterham 7 kit cars heading back towards Glasgow. 

Anyone any idea what that was? 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Why do folk say they are ON the bus/train? Surely you're in the bus/train. No one says "I'm on the car". The English language is mental.

Because you are getting onto the vehicle before getting into your seat on a bus or a train. With a car you are getting into your seat, into the car seat. Into the car. You get onto a bus before you get into your seat (if you are lucky enough to have a seat). It's all about first action.