Quick Question Thread

12 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

When you quit did you hand your notice in and worked the notice or just left without word ?

The job I was in for 8 months I worked my notice. The job I was in for 1 day - I simply emailed them and told them I wasn't going back. Not that I read the contract, but I don't think there was a notice period for working 1 day and there was no point me going in as all I was doing was reading some of the world's most boring training material.

Zero hour contract jobs, Anyone on here have a job with a zero hour contract. Any advantage at all for having one ?

I used to have one on a very informal basis during my uni days. Seasonal work where tours couldn't operate during flood, meaning I could bugger off to the pub or walk up a hill on my days off. Most flooding was actually down to wind rather than rain, so 'good' time off (best was when the rain was through the night followed by a full day of blue skies). I liked it anyway, even if there was the risk of making little profit as was the case one year. Favourite job I've ever had tbh.

The boss of the time (now just good mate) is asking me to find him a new replacement ahead of the summer but I've absolutely no idea about legalities. Simple informal cash in hand at the end of the day, on demand job in an ideal world.

35 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Zero hour contract jobs, Anyone on here have a job with a zero hour contract. Any advantage at all for having one ?

In my experience the flexibility is one sided. If you turn down extra hours regularly you probably won't be offered them again. It will depend on the business though, and how many hours you need to get buy. 

Edited by welshbairn

I'm in Ayr today and went up the street for lunch and a skive. Noticed a place called The Kyle Shopping Centre. My (genuine btw) question is is the place recently opened, closing down or just a general shithole? If it's the latter it makes our shitey Loreburn Centre look like Manhattan.