Quick Question Thread

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don't live in Scotland. I have no idea if it's to do with insulation or whatever, I just assumed that because it's a new build, but it certainly does not keep out heat and is fucking boiling no matter what temperature it is - even though right now it's about 8/9 degrees outside, and I leave the windows open, after closing them for a couple of hours the inside temperature is above 20. I do not understand.

That's what it is. The timber kit they put up new builds with gets layered with sheets of that kingspan foil-coated insulation. I live in a new build as well. In winter it's great but in summer, it can be horrendously hot in our house, unless there's a good breeze blowing directly in the window. You also mentioned that you're in a flat meaning that unless you're ground floor, you'll probably get the heat rising from the flats below you.

You can buy fancy fans that have a fancy fridge-like element built into them that will help with the heat in summer. Think they can be pretty expensive though.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Joke all you want, but due to a piping arrangement in digs I regularly stay in for work, one of the rooms flushed the toilet with hot water if left for sufficient time to heat up.

If you think you can imagine the smell.of a shite flushed with roasting hot water, you cant.

Zen seems like the sort that wouldn't be a stranger to an enema. 

I've only re-visited the General Nonsense Thread a couple of times recently. Has Grimbo re-incarnated himself as Spartans Telly? If he did it as some kind of witness protection scheme he's giving himself away by posting the usual keech, and amassing plenty of red dots.

I've only re-visited the General Nonsense Thread a couple of times recently. Has Grimbo re-incarnated himself as Spartans Telly? If he did it as some kind of witness protection scheme he's giving himself away by posting the usual keech, and amassing plenty of red dots.

Signing off as Grimbo was the biggest giveaway IMO

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

Park behind Tesco at Hermiston gate, get the tram from Edinburgh park think it's half the price from the airport

I was thinking there as it's easy get back into m8.

1 hour ago, deej said:

Signing off as Grimbo was the biggest giveaway IMO

Only read a couple which weren't signed. He's generous with the greenies if you mention him anyway. Good lad is Spartans Telly, Grimbo, Spartans Telly, Grimbo.

A fair dod of my rep is from Grimbo greenifying many of my mundane posts. Slightly gratifying, though I'm not sure why I should be the recipient of such largesse - I'm guessing it's cos I don't rip the cunt out of him at every opportunity. 

Just now, Spartans Telly said:

Are you following me? We've just been the tattoo shop but they are fully booked. If you turn up at the pool hall I'm calling the polis. 

You're safe enough Spartacus. I'll leave the tattoos to seafaring chaps like you.