Dunfermline 2-1 Morton

A pretty decent game with chances for both teams although I thought we deserved to win in the end. Cracking equaliser for Morton and an equally cracking finish by Kirk for the winner. Can't believe Morton didn't attack McCann and Muirhead in the makeshift central defence more!

Our lowest home league crowd in 24 years, since we drew 2-2 with Stirling on 16/02/85! :o

First time I've seen Morton this season. I thought the no.6 - Steven Masterton I think - looked like a decent player. He barely misplaced a pass and was good with the set pieces.

Must be mistaken identity, Masterton can take a decent free kick and that's it.

Must be mistaken identity, Masterton can take a decent free kick and that's it.

To disregard Masterton's passing ability is just daft.

He's not a workhorse by any means but he is a fantastic passer of the ball and offers more than just a lethal free kick.

I think its Berwick rangers players youll be scouting for, son. :P

No thanks :lol: We already have one shite player that's played with them we don't need any more.

We played decent enough last night, we created quite a lot of good opportunities (espcially in the first half) however when Morton equalised we lost our way a wee bit but managed to get back into the game thanks to a fantastic finish by Kirk (see what happens when he starts McIntyre?)!

When Scott Wilson went off injured, McCann did a fine job at centre back and had an excellent game while Loy was full of energy when he came on and was rewarded by a goal (mainly down to Cuthbert's mistake) while Graham never stopped running and was a constant threat to the Morton backline.

Greacen played well for Morton last night, he really impressed me and is a strong tough tackling no nonsense defender, it was a shame the rest of his defence were all over the place.

We got the three points but it doesn't really mean much and doesn't hide the fact that we've had a piss poor league season.

I thought we were just about worth a draw last night. Both teams created enough chances to win a dozen games but neither could finish a fish supper! Our defence has been solid recently but last night we were wide open again down our left, Dunfermline's right and I can't quite put my finger on it.

First goal was entirely avoidable with even mediocre defending. Our equaliser was a 20 yard bullet into the keeper's top right postage stamp. Winner was a very well taken first time strike from Kirk after our left side defence went awol for the umpteenth time in the match.

The absence of Jenkins was also key for us. When he plays we win most of our games. When he does'nt we lose most of them.

Hoping now for a victory on Saturday to cement 4th place.

Check the final score on ceefax, the final score was 1-1, the half time score was both 1-0 and 0-0 and the attendance was 23,845. :blink:

Opps :lol::lol::lol::lol:

To disregard Masterton's passing ability is just daft.

He's not a workhorse by any means but he is a fantastic passer of the ball and offers more than just a lethal free kick.

Aye, he can play a great pass if he's got no opposition players within 10 yards of him. If there's any pressure on him he'll misplace it half the time, which isn't good enough.

Check the final score on ceefax, the final score was 1-1, the half time score was both 1-0 and 0-0 and the attendance was 23,845. :blink:

Opps :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you still get access to ceefax! :o

I was gutted the day i couldnt get on it :(

• 5 years later...

Was talking to my brother about our chances tomorrow (today?) and we remembered a game with Morton where we had a centre back pairing of Austin McCann and Scott Muirhead. This was the game. Did alright as well so maybe there is hope! :rolleyes:

Bumping a game thread from 2009. Against Morton. Tragic.

Get Perry signed. He'll sort you lads out.

Archived