TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

19,940 posts in this topic

Excellent from Livi if they choose Owusu to model the new kit.

I'm actually starting to like that top tbh, still want us to stick with a black one though :lol:

Great gesture from the club that's gone a bit unnoticed, should have given the lad a trial too, Livi missing out on some big PR stunts :lol:

I'm actually starting to like that top tbh, still want us to stick with a black one though :lol:
Great gesture from the club that's gone a bit unnoticed, should have given the lad a trial too, Livi missing out on some big PR stunts :lol:

On the fbt website that one is the away kit and a black one that's similar is the home kit.

Also love the fact Brechin are up they are sure to finish below us. Would be funny if them being in the league was the reason we stayed up especially after that Brechin fan with the funny accent said "You may be going up but you're coming straight back doooon". Still laugh when thinking about that.

White signs elsewhere, thank god.

Hearts have also released Dylan Bikey, might be a good shout if possible. For even if Buchs doesn't sign up

Pretty sure Bikey signing a professional contract means one of his previous clubs are entitled to quite a bit of compensation, no chance we'll be in for him.

Gary Maley and Keaghan Jacobs sign on for another year. Keaghan's contract has a clause for another year, which would get him a testimonial game.

Can't think of another player in the last 10 years or so who's deserved a testimonial more than him. Would be great to see him cement a place in the side and not just be there to make up the numbers.

Also good to see Keaghan sign up as well.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure Bikey signing a professional contract means one of his previous clubs are entitled to quite a bit of compensation, no chance we'll be in for him.

Gary Maley and Keaghan Jacobs sign on for another year. Keaghan's contract has a clause for another year, which would get him a testimonial game.

The number being talked about has been £40k which is less than we paid for White I'm sure

Keaghan Jacobs is a another excellent signing, is for me better than his brother and has plenty of experience behind him. 

Maley is a decent back up, never let us down when called upon last season, he will be a back up, we won't be splashing the cash for him to be there so I'm quite happy with him staying. 

If Hearts have released Bikey does that not end theirs or Stirling's ability to claim to compensation as he is now a free agent?

Not sure Jacobs would be due a testimonial as its traditionally given after 10 years of service, if its over two spells does it still count?

Not saying he doesn't deserve one, just not sure of the formalities

If Hearts have released Bikey does that not end theirs or Stirling's ability to claim to compensation as he is now a free agent?

Not sure Jacobs would be due a testimonial as its traditionally given after 10 years of service, if its over two spells does it still count?

Stephen Grindlay got one after doing two spells with us (2001-2007, 2010-2015) and I'm pretty sure Derek Lyle has one coming up at Queens, so aye, as long as he's played for the club for a total of 10 years I'd say it counts.

7 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

Wasn't Stirling that could claim, it's Dieppe. Signed as an amateur at Hearts without pay so wasn't a professional contract so compensation would still be there to be paid

No artificial pitch this season then. Work being done to break up the compacted soil which should help solve the drainage problem a bit, and also allow new seeds to root a bit deeper so we don't see the same problem with big divots all over the place. I think our drainage problems are a bit deeper than the soil compacting but it should make it better than it was.

Wasn't Stirling that could claim, it's Dieppe. Signed as an amateur at Hearts without pay so wasn't a professional contract so compensation would still be there to be paid

We can just bring him on board as a "Footballing Consultant", what could go wrong?

I like the new supposed home top. Although I am not keen on the colour of the sleeves

18 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

We can just bring him on board as a "Footballing Consultant", what could go wrong?

Give him a player/accountant contract and it's all good :D 

Don't know if I'm the only one but I loved the black strip this season, would advocate for our home kit to keep the black and yellow theme with majority black from now on