TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

19,630 posts in this topic

Just now, sam2304 said:

Quick question Livi fans, is there any charge for parking at the ground?

Don't, I repeat DONT park at the ground, it's a complete rip off £5 I think. 

Ample parking around Livingston, the college at the top of the hill, plenty spaces near the swimming pool at the top of the hill, there is a school at the other side of the stadium to park at, and even a new housing scheme just across the road from the ground that you could park at. 

Don't, I repeat DONT park at the ground, it's a complete rip off £5 I think. 
Ample parking around Livingston, the college at the top of the hill, plenty spaces near the swimming pool at the top of the hill, there is a school at the other side of the stadium to park at, and even a new housing scheme just across the road from the ground that you could park at. 

Many thanks indeed

Park in Livingston Village. There's a wee "industrial" estate which is totally free to park in and is a 5 mins walk for the ground. Easy peasy.

Park in Livingston Village. There's a wee "industrial" estate which is totally free to park in and is a 5 mins walk for the ground. Easy peasy.

Cheers

Wonder what the possibility is of our game on Saturday being reversed, looking at the forecast on Saturday I can only see one outcome, and that's another postponement. 

Play saturdays game at Ochilview, obviously that's down to them, us and the spfl making that decision. 

Edit:- just checked and it wouldn't be possible, East Stirlingshire at home on Saturday, oh well, maybe head along to Alloa, Airdrie or one of the local junior games if any of them make it past the weather.

Edited by andylivi1

There's no doubt now we need a new pitch come summer. If the board/fundraising committee insist on a grass pitch, they must employ a groundsman and not piddle about with a PT retired duffer as they currently do. The ideal solution would be a 4G pitch, as I think it would bring benefits both playing wise and in a financial sense.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Wonder what the possibility is of our game on Saturday being reversed, looking at the forecast on Saturday I can only see one outcome, and that's another postponement. 

Play saturdays game at Ochilview, obviously that's down to them, us and the spfl making that decision. 

Edit:- just checked and it wouldn't be possible, East Stirlingshire at home on Saturday, oh well, maybe head along to Alloa, Airdrie or one of the local junior games if any of them make it past the weather.

More than welcome to see if the 2nd look like any kind of challenge to you since we are not. Do you want to give Alloa any money? Maybe the Lowland League is the best? All the best to you.

I went to an Airdrie v Dunfermline game last season when we weren't playing, then a Motherwell v Hearts game another time we weren't playing at home (think we were away to Peterhead in a cup or something), enjoyed them both. Sat in with the Airdrie and Motherwell home fans in both games, the Airdrie fans sounded similar to what they do this season, no very happy. ;)

I see Craig Halkett got in the SPFL team of the week again, thoroughly deserved too. Not only did he win every ball that went near him, he covered  an out of sorts Gallagher a few times when a player got past him. Really need to get him signed up for next season.

DR - Craig Halkett (Livingston)
The defender has shared time between centre and right-back this season and it was in the former position he found himself on Saturday as Livingston thumped Airdrieonians 4-0 in Lanarkshire. The 21-year-old seemed to get his head to every ball that came his way, as the visitors moved 12 points clear at the top of the League 1 table.
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-team-of-the-week-83-2/#2SbjDgIwZuXSXC6L.99

Edited by LIVIFOREVER