Livingston - all the threads merged

Our game against TNS is on;

Sunday November 13, 2016 Livingston v The New Saints
Live on BBC ALBA and S4C, kick-off 4.05pm

At least it has a later ko, so can still go for a few beers pre match and not feel like an alky drinking in the morning for a pre match pint.

I'd hold fire on making any plans for this.

That fecks up their plans to keep the Welsh and Norn Irish teams apart, if Crusaders get awarded the match they'll have to play TNS.

What is it with Livi though, why doesn't someone know the rules down there, they thought cup comps didn't count for suspensions in league games. I read on the Alloa thread that Goodwin had served his 2 match suspension, one in the league and one in the cup, and he was sent off the same weekend as Lithgow, was thinking at the time we're in trouble if that's true.

Surely the league is the league and the cup is the cup. Since when was that ever the rule?
Sent off in League- banned from the league games and not the cup.
f**k the SPFL.

ETA - The rules do state that any suspension received in any competition will be served by the following matches irrespective of the competition.
We're fecked.

Just now, Afro said:

:lol:

Peak Livingston reached. Maybe we'll get a fine, match may be replayed? Likeliest option is we're papped out.

Hope that's all we get, could get a points deduction and fined, aren't any fixed rule stating punishments, they can impose any punishment they want on us.

Hope that's all we get, could get a points deduction and fined, aren't any fixed rule stating punishments, they can impose any punishment they want on us.

I'm trying to recall when this has happened in the past; off the top of my head, didn't Stenny play an ineligible player against Dunfermline in the SC, and the match was replayed? Would need to google it.

Irregardless I think we're getting punted out.

I'm trying to recall when this has happened in the past; off the top of my head, didn't Stenny play an ineligible player against Dunfermline in the SC, and the match was replayed? Would need to google it.

Irregardless I think we're getting punted out.

It was us at home to stenny. Callum woods came on with about 15-20 mins left whilst we were absolutely spanking them and eventually won 7-1. We were initially kicked out but got a replay + fine on appeal. That appeal was won based on half a dozen or so other cases where a replay was the normal punishment.

However making the SFA reverse there decision and pocketing a load of cash ( the draw had been made and we had a home TV game vs Celtic already confirmed) pissed them off and the rules were changed the following season to be immediate explosion, no excuses.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

It was us at home to stenny. Callum woods came on with about 15-20 mins left whilst we were absolutely spanking them and eventually won 7-1. We were initially kicked out but got a replay + fine on appeal. That appeal was won based on half a dozen or so other cases where a replay was the normal punishment.

However making the SFA reverse there decision and pocketing a load of cash ( the draw had been made and we had a home TV game vs Celtic already confirmed) pissed them off and the rules were changed the following season to be immediate explosion, no excuses.

Harsh but fair imo.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Surely the league is the league and the cup is the cup. Since when was that ever the rule?
Sent off in League- banned from the league games and not the cup.
f**k the SPFL

Er thats ALWAYS been the rule. Violent conduct always crosses competitions.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Goodwin got sent off the same weekend as Lithgow for violent conduct 

He missed the Bala game 

Poor sec at livi 

One phone call to sandy Bryson at the sfa would have cleared up everything 

Edited by Wasps1