Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest Loopy Lion
they are saying they are managing it without cause for concern
If I'm reading you correctly it looks like you at least do now see that there are many businesses owed money by LFC. The Anthill Mob are (wrongly) telling them to chase after Pearse Flynn and are chasing him through the courts themselves (for what reason I'm not exactly sure). But what have they to say about the debt that they themselves have accrued that is clearly causing concern for the people out of pocket? This is what I'd like to know. There was nothing said about that in his post on the Livi fans web site and his letters to folk that are waiting on their money. :( Edited by Loopy Lion

FFS you backed Flynn and are still doing so, hardly in a possition to criticise anyone willing to give the chairman a break, they've been getting it tight from these individuals before a ball was kicked, they've inherited all the misstrust from DK and Flynns eras, they're not even getting a bloody season to see where we are, all this shite is from when Flynn was in charge, if the club had zero debt when these guys took over then i'd see the justification in giving them shit, but they've inherited the debt and are saying they are managing it without cause for concern, what exactly are you or anyone else gaining by heaping shit on them anyway.

Saying it and doing it are different things.

Exactly what I was thinking at Thistle. I'm glad we Thistle fans are an inquisitive bunch and aren't content to accept the bullshit spouted by our chairman on occasion.

'Save the Jags' obviously taught us a lesson. It doesn't appear as if Livi or Dundee's fans learned anything while they flirted with oblivion.

What are you basing this assumption on?

FFS you backed Flynn and are still doing so, hardly in a possition to criticise anyone willing to give the chairman a break, they've been getting it tight from these individuals before a ball was kicked, they've inherited all the misstrust from DK and Flynns eras, they're not even getting a bloody season to see where we are, all this shite is from when Flynn was in charge, if the club had zero debt when these guys took over then i'd see the justification in giving them shit, but they've inherited the debt and are saying they are managing it without cause for concern, what exactly are you or anyone else gaining by heaping shit on them anyway.

I backed Flynn most of the time, and certain things I still back him on. In this case, I am not backing him, I am merely stating the fact that he was a clever businessman and almost certainly would not have debts signed to him, in case he ever planned to sell the club, so he could then get out quick. I backed him because without him in both cases at either end of his reign we could have been without a club (he was the only proper potential investor at the beginning, and when the money was running out at the end, he actively looked for investors or a buyer). I may have not agreed with him on his way of doing things, but what he was doing (that were public knowledge) I didnt disagree with.

Long-term existance would satisfy me. Of course Hibs/Hearts/OF will always be bigger than Livingston. But I still feel that we have decent growth potential, especially if we manage to get back into the SPL.

What a load of shite.Can we add to that list. Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, St,Mirren, Motherwell, Kilmarnock,ICT,Falkirk, St.Johnstone, Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, QoS, Morton, Raith Rovers and Ayr Utd . All bigger clubs, all real clubs.

Meadowbank Thistle /Livingston in the SPL??? look what happened the last time.

Will they ever learn??

Guest el bawbag
What a load of shite.Can we add to that list. Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, St,Mirren, Motherwell, Kilmarnock,ICT,Falkirk, St.Johnstone, Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, QoS, Morton, Raith Rovers and Ayr Utd . All bigger clubs, all real clubs.

think your missing the point he was saying those clubs as they are in general the ones we compete with for support. also are you saying that in 50 years all those teams are GUARANTEED to be bigger than LFC?if so your a fud.

also ICT?real club?personally dont have a problem with them but i think you'll find a fair few invernessians who would take issue with you on that one.

Edited by el bawbag

Meadowbank Thistle /Livingston in the SPL??? look what happened the last time.

Will they ever learn??

lol @ the really poor trolls in this topic.

Yes. Most of those clubs are atm bigger clubs. The word ALWAYS was in that list. We are definately advancing as a club at the moment. Yes, that might not last for ever, or if you believe the rumours circulating at the moment, much longer. But just as we have to accept the possibility that the Italians might not be as big/bad/ugly as they're claiming to be, we also should accept that they might get near it.

And if so, it could be a great future for the club.

Meadowbank Thistle/Livingston in the SPL??? look what happened the last time.

Will they ever learn??

Yeah, you've taken it a bit out of context.

I remember us finishing 3rd as well.( and we did it without stiffing our creditors and nearly going down the pan)

So did we, it was a couple of years later the shit hit the fan, 2004 to be precise, but all that has feckall to do with anything, glad we're taking the heat off the Dundee fans though. :rolleyes:

If I'm reading you correctly it looks like you at least do now see that there are many businesses owed money by LFC. The Anthill Mob are (wrongly) telling them to chase after Pearse Flynn and are chasing him through the courts themselves (for what reason I'm not exactly sure). But what have they to say about the debt that they themselves have accrued that is clearly causing concern for the people out of pocket? This is what I'd like to know. There was nothing said about that in his post on the Livi fans web site and his letters to folk that are waiting on their money. :(

I never disbelieved there were creditors.

How do you know it's wrong when you admit your not exactly sure, which pretty well sums up my point, nobody knows, so how come everyone assumes it's wrong.

The other thing you've said, i can't comment on as i have no information about what debt they've accrued themselves, which is exactly the type of allegations made on the LiviLions board but no evidence to back it up, so how can anyone make a comment on it. Facts and figures with names would be good.

Don't expect people to do their business on football forums though, but then again, if they're going to be making allegations, maybe they should back them up.

I'll be glad when the footballs back on so we've something better to talk about. :)

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

So did we, it was a couple of years later the shit hit the fan, 2004 to be precise, but all that has feckall to do with anything, glad we're taking the heat off the Dundee fans though. :rolleyes:

Livi were being propped up by fleecing that daftie lottery winner as well as fleecing anything and everything else that came across their path. The whole rise from the lower leagues was funded by debt. Same as Gretna did.

I never disbelieved there were creditors.

How do you know it's wrong when you admit your not exactly sure, which pretty well sums up my point, nobody knows, so how come everyone assumes it's wrong.

The other thing you've said, i can't comment on as i have no information about what debt they've accrued themselves, which is exactly the type of allegations made on the LiviLions board but no evidence to back it up, so how can anyone make a comment on it. Facts and figures with names would be good.

Don't expect people to do their business on football forums though, but then again, if they're going to be making allegations, maybe they should back them up.

I'll be glad when the footballs back on so we've something better to talk about. :)

You are single handed taking the heat off Dundee with the amount of shite you spout on here. :rolleyes:

Do us alol a favour and shut the fcuk up please :rolleyes::P

How much have you invested in Livi FC this season?

This is true but maybe there were more bodies to call on for such a feat after 113 years of existence and a fair sized fan base.

West Lothian fans have got a taste now for local league football so if things continue the way they have at Livingston for so long and it all went belly up I would not rule out an attempt to get something started. Don't forget there is also no pyramid system here in Scotland for clubs to progress to the third division which makes the scenario of plastic francise clubs that bit more more likely.

The thing that must be remembered in all this is that Meadowbank Thistle was moved against the wishes of their fans in order for a West Lothian to have a football league club and a nice shiny new stadium. If the fans had been consulted and given the move the green light by the majority of those fans, fair enough. The majority of Clyde fans were happy to move to Cumbernauld as they kept their indentity and gave the club a chance to grow in a different location. Livingston is a new club. My symapthy lies with those loyal Meadowbank Thistle fans who walked away and now support Edinburgh City, another football club or don't bother with football at all. It doesn't matter how few they were, they were fucked over...FACT...END OF!

Of course there is a young new fanbase at Livingston and I accept there is no pyramid in Scottish football. It still doesn't make what happened right though. It is kind of ironic that a few of the longer standing fans who are currently making noises are being called fakes by the current owners. I might not agree with what they did, but you have to have a little bit of respect for those fans who do still keep going from the Edinburgh days.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Guest StevenC
Given that there is no financial crisis, can't we just start talking about something else?

We're either in financial crisis or Mr Massone thinks he can bully the "smaller" creditors out of the debt HE is owed them neither of which promotes good small business relations with the very people other folk at the club are working very hard to attract.

It's one of the two. You might think it's not as clear cut as that but believe me when I say - it really is.

Any single one of 100's of "small creditors" on the list of creditors bought by Mr Massone could, theoretically, get the club wound up if they failed the pay. I would suggest that is hardly financial harmony.

Edited by StevenC

You are single handed taking the heat off Dundee with the amount of shite you spout on here. :rolleyes:

Do us alol a favour and shut the fcuk up please :rolleyes::P

How much have you invested in Livi FC this season?

Go play on the motorway ya fuckwit. :P wasn't me that started this shite.

I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years, fucknows what amount of money i put into the club had to do with anything though ya twat.