Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think the clue was in 'wanting a stupid fee'.

Well that's a matter of opinion. Livvy think its stupid, Morton might think Livvys offer is stupid also.  

Do we know what this stupid fee is??

If you want him, take it to Tribunal and pay what you need to.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Well that's a matter of opinion. Livvy think its stupid, Morton might think Livvys offer is stupid also.  

Calm down, one ? is fine.:lol:

Andy is a reasonable and balanced poster, if he's saying it's stupid then I think it's safe to say it is way over what he's worth and Morton are just asking silly money to put us off. Fair enough, nobody is forcing us to buy him and it looks like we wont be, unless we want to risk leaving it to a tribunal to decide. Dunno what you're getting your knickers in a twist about though, awfy touchy about nothing.

5 minutes ago, madton said:

I understand what you are saying, and not for one second would I expect Morton to make it easy for us, but a realistic fee would be a start....We got Sibbald for 50k, he played over 200 games at first team level, I’m told Morton want 6 figures for Quitongo. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We're going to a tribunal with Aberdeen over Lewis Ferguson.

We want 900k, which is hilarious, but the seethe from the Aberdeen fans has been glorious. Totally worth it.

I think it's fair enough asking for as much as you can get. The tribunal outcome is usually fair anyway.

You never know though, look at what Dundee Utd had to pay with Telfer.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You never know though, look at what Dundee Utd had to pay with Telfer.

Dundee United had to pay just over double their estimation for Telfer was.

However they did waste a lot of time claiming the new and old Rangers weren't the same club instead of coming to an agreement with Rangers. 

Dundee United refused much/any dialogue with Rangers and it cost them £100,000.

I'd recommend that Livingston open dialogue with Morton if they are wanting a fair valuation for their development fee. 

Aberdeen offered us a laughable fee for Fergusson and now we're taking it to tribunal. 

Aberdeen offered something like £100,000.

We are valuing the development fee at £900,000.

I think our over estimation of the actual value of Fergusson could help us squeeze every possible penny out of Aberdeen for taking one of our best talents. 

9 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Aberdeen offered us a laughable fee for Fergusson and now we're taking it to tribunal. 

Aberdeen offered something like £100,000.

We are valuing the development fee at £900,000.

I think our over estimation of the actual value of Fergusson could help us squeeze every possible penny out of Aberdeen for taking one of our best talents. 

I am full of envy and admiration for Hamilton's transfer business, you certainly know how to get fantastic money for your players. The talented players we've had coming through our youth into our team we should've made a bundle off them, instead we sold them for peanuts. Snoddy, Dorrans, Griffiths, Davidson, even MacKay who we just threw in with the Davidson deal, then he was St Johnstone's PoTY the following season. Fucking hell Livi have been murder in past transfer deals, 

Oh and I forgot to add JGT and Andreu, you made a fortune selling Andreu on after we  lost him to you for nothing, I think we could do with some lessons from Accies.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

MacKay who we just threw in with the Davidson deal, then he was St Johnstone's PoTY the following season. 

And the following 5 or 6 seasons after that. He was the best Scottish right back in the league for a few years, god knows how he never got capped for Scotland. 

57 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Calm down, one ? is fine.:lol:

Andy is a reasonable and balanced poster, if he's saying it's stupid then I think it's safe to say it is way over what he's worth and Morton are just asking silly money to put us off. Fair enough, nobody is forcing us to buy him and it looks like we wont be, unless we want to risk leaving it to a tribunal to decide. Dunno what you're getting your knickers in a twist about though, awfy touchy about nothing.

Would need to be het up to calm down dear! Its merely a discussion, no knicker twisting here drama queen!

55 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I understand what you are saying, and not for one second would I expect Morton to make it easy for us, but a realistic fee would be a start....We got Sibbald for 50k, he played over 200 games at first team level, I’m told Morton want 6 figures for Quitongo. 

So perhaps we are just playing the game as everyone else would.  If we asked for 50k, you take it to a Tribunal, he might go for 25k. If we ask for 100k,  it goes to a tribunal, we might get 50k.  Wouldn't agree we are being awkward, just not bending over and letting you potentially shaft us when we could hold out for more! 

If you know what we are asking for, you presumably know what Livvy have offered??

Did Falkirk ask for 50k or did it go to a Tribunal? He was 23 when he signed for you, so is that possibly why you got  him for less? ( No idea how the tribunal works)

Edited by madton

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And the following 5 or 6 seasons after that. He was the best Scottish right back in the league for a few years, god knows how he never got capped for Scotland. 

Was it not £30k for Davidson and £20k for Mackay? 

Two of the best bits of business in Scottish football IMO 

1 hour ago, madton said:

So perhaps we are just playing the game as everyone else would.  If we asked for 50k, you take it to a Tribunal, he might go for 25k. If we ask for 100k,  it goes to a tribunal, we might get 50k.  Wouldn't agree we are being awkward, just not bending over and letting you potentially shaft us when we could hold out for more! 

If you know what we are asking for, you presumably know what Livvy have offered??

Did Falkirk ask for 50k or did it go to a Tribunal? He was 23 when he signed for you, so is that possibly why you got  him for less? ( No idea how the tribunal works)

Yep possibly, as I say I’ve nothing against that, I’d expect us to do the same in the same situation, every club would. I guess Awkward was the wrong terminology. 

I don’t know for sure but I’d imagine we’d have offered 30k, something along those lines given the outlay for Sibbald. 

I believe both clubs had dialogue and agreed to 50k, he was offered a new contract whilst still being under 23 at Falkirk which meant regardless we’d be due a development fee for him, the best outcome was to have dialogue with Falkirk, I’m sure they’ll be thinking the same with Morton but if you are holding out for that kind of money we may just turn our backs on the deal altogether as it would be risky going down the tribunal route. 

Excellent getting Hardie for the season, means we have just about kept the squad from last season and added to it. 

Only ones we’ve lost is a retired Neil Alexander, can’t do anything about that, Jackson Longridge who for most people would’nt have been a starter anyway and Josh Mullin who is the only one for me who I thought could make that step up and make an impact. 

By the sounds of it we still have more business to do, another goalkeeper, a winger and I’d say another striker even with Kenny Millers imminent arrival, Hardie, Miller, Miller and I’d like one more, I know we have Mackin, but I think we all agree he’s probably not going to make that step up, Robinson but he’s not an out and out striker and De Vita but again I believe he’s out until Christmas atleast.

Its great having the squad almost complete already and it’s a squad I feel will be able to compete in the top league. 

Exciting times ahead.