Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Have you given up on him  stepping down a level to join Morton yet?

He obviously has a decision to make, just hope its sorted ASAP for both clubs sakes as its eating in to recruitment time etc and both squads will be frustrated with the wait to sort out their futures!

Come close of business Wed, it should be resolved.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Josh Mullin. Discuss please.

Cracking player when he's motivated...head dropped mid-season after transfer rumours but picked up at the tail end. Doubtful he wont be offered a new contract at Livi and reckon he'd like a shot at the premiership.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
Cracking player when he's motivated...head dropped mid-season after transfer rumours but picked up at the tail end. Doubtful he wont be offered a new contract at Livi and reckon he'd like a shot at the premiership.

He’s signed for Ross County according to reliable local newspapers (and the Sun)

Edited by Savage Henry

Good move for him, if so. I imagine he will have trebled his wage.

He may have left anyway but not having a manager firmly in place has contributed to this. 9 days to sort things out is a shambles.

Would have liked to keep him but can't grudge him a pay rise. He's been brilliant for us and deserves a move. 

Hopefully have the manager situation sorted out very soon, I'm sure there are players waiting to see if Hoppy is here before deciding if they will be, the longer it goes on though I'd imagine they'll just want a contract secured. 

When he’s motivated and on form, he’s got one of the best deliveries I’ve ever seen in the Scottish lower leagues. Seems like he really wanted a move in January but he stepped up to the plate for us during the play-offs, considering his wage has likely doubled or trebled I can’t begrudge him the move.

I feel like our managerial situation needs to be resolved this week one way or another, or else this may be a regular occurrence this summer.

27 minutes ago, Afro said:

When he’s motivated and on form, he’s got one of the best deliveries I’ve ever seen in the Scottish lower leagues. Seems like he really wanted a move in January but he stepped up to the plate for us during the play-offs, considering his wage has likely doubled or trebled I can’t begrudge him the move.

I feel like our managerial situation needs to be resolved this week one way or another, or else this may be a regular occurrence this summer.

He's a right midfielder, correct?

He's a right midfielder, correct?

Joined us as a converted RB from Albion Rovers, played RM last season but was RWB in our 3-5-2 this year. Not convinced he is the best at defending, or tracking back, but he’s certainly potent offensively. If County are looking to dominate teams next year he’ll do well.

26 minutes ago, Afro said:

Joined us as a converted RB from Albion Rovers, played RM last season but was RWB in our 3-5-2 this year. Not convinced he is the best at defending, or tracking back, but he’s certainly potent offensively. If County are looking to dominate teams next year he’ll do well.

Slightly worried he's a replacement for Naismith, but if he's better playing in front of someone, I'm a bit less concerned.  

It'd be a shame if Livingston were to lose all their best players due to the management speculation.  A handful of decent signings and you could get 10th place at the least.  Would be a shame to go up and then become certs for relegation.

And the exodus begins, hurry up and sort this manager nonsense out, or we will lose our players to other clubs and be left in a bit of a mess heading into the premiership which already looks tough. 

49 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Slightly worried he's a replacement for Naismith, but if he's better playing in front of someone, I'm a bit less concerned.  

I think if your managers are worth their salt, they will play him as a right winger/midfielder. Not bad defensively but he is quick and has an excellent delivery.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I'm a bit meh about Mullin going to County, he has an excellent cross on him and contributed greatly in the play offs with a goal and an assist, but his defensive work was very weak and he did drop away for a spell which showed a lack of consistency, not really a player I was bursting for us to keep. It may well be a sign that Hoppy is leaving though, but maybe not, rumours in January of Mullin being unsettled and looking for a move coincided with his dip in form too, so he possibly just had itchy feet.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think if your managers are worth their salt, they will play him as a right winger/midfielder. Not bad defensively but he is quick and has an excellent delivery.

Kettlewell's talking about him bringing energy to the midfield, so it sounds like that's the plan.  

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It'd be a shame if Livingston were to lose all their best players due to the management speculation.  A handful of decent signings and you could get 10th place at the least.  Would be a shame to go up and then become certs for relegation.

He isn't one of our best players, him and Cadden were switched about dropping to the bench a lot but he's a decent enough player and had a good impact from the bench too, has a sweet cross on him, can't defend for shit though and was ripped apart against Dunfermline earlier in the season. As EL said, prob better playing him on the right wing.

Our back 3 and midfield 3 are the players we really want to keep, oh and Alexander in goals, not that bothered about anyone else, they're the core group of players in our team that would give us something to build around. Halkett and Byrne are my main concern though, Lithgow, Gallagher, Pittman, Jacobs and Alexander have either already signed up or have shown they want to stay.

This could be the start of players leaving us. Josh was good player for livi on his day but not one of our main players. I’m worried we are going to lose Byrne and Halkett now and that will be a massive blow for us. Hopefully this all gets sorted out sooner rather than later