Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest Back Post Misses
What we thinking for team on Saturday? It’s been clear Gallacher in midfield hasn’t really worked so I would imagine he would go back into defence and surely Byrne will come back into team as he’s been probably one of our player of the season so far. I liked thomson in there to so would keep him in. Up front I would stick with Hardie and miller it worked well. Not sure who will play wing back position for us... plenty options for hoppy

Drop all players under 6’2”

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

What we thinking for team on Saturday? It’s been clear Gallacher in midfield hasn’t really worked so I would imagine he would go back into defence and surely Byrne will come back into team as he’s been probably one of our player of the season so far. I liked thomson in there to so would keep him in. Up front I would stick with Hardie and miller it worked well. Not sure who will play wing back position for us... plenty options for hoppy

Alexander
Lithgow Halkett Gallagher
Mullin Byrne Thompson Pittman McMillan
Hardie Miller

If Mullin isn't playing like he hasn't recently throw Rafa in there

5 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Don’t know if it’s been asked already, but how’s Robinson looked?

Spent most of his time up front and bagged a few goals to show for it. He's handled the step up no problem and hopefully help us towards a play off spot.

Any idea if our postponed match from December will be played next Saturday, 10th February, with both teams out of the Scottish Cup? I'd assume both sides would rather they played it then than having a weekend off and playing midweek. 

Sorry if this has already been asked / discussed. 

8 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

We’ve signed Matthew Knox on loan, Any good?

He's been on trial with Man United, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool and more recently Rangers, Cardiff and Sunderland. Basically, his agent is a wizard.

He's still only 18 so I'm hopeful there's a player in there but he hasn't really improved over a couple of years, has always been the type of player you watch and think he isn't great now but has potential to go quite far. Hopefully he can get some first team football and prove me (and most other Livi fans) wrong and turn into a cracking player.

For the most part it's been frustrating to see him pop off to all these big clubs for a trial, and we're being told he's the next superstar yet he doesn't even stand out in the Development league games. Good luck to the lad and I hope I'm embarrassed that I doubted him soon.

7 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

We’ve signed Matthew Knox on loan, Any good?

You'll get a lot of differing opinion here but for me he is a young lad with bags of potential. If he cuts out the show-boating and concentrates on taking on and beating defenders then he can be really good.

His development has been hampered a bit by all the hype over him (much apparently generated by a family member) and he's had trials with Cardiff and Sunderland recently plus Sevco and Manchester United were reportedly looking at him at one stage.

Generally I've thought he's looked at his best on the left side of an attacking midfield.

24 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Is he any Good?Why wasn't he playing for yous?

Plenty effort and commitment, will give you 100% every time he plays, always appreciates the fans,  but a bit clumsy, liable to give lots of fouls away.

He’s a bit raw but could do a job for anyone in this league outwith the top 2. He’s also a good utility player to have, can also play CB if you are struggling with injuries, suspensions. 

Having said all that, I think the four options we have are better and that’s the reason we sent him back to Hearts, as he wouldn’t get much game time. 

24 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Is he any Good?Why wasn't he playing for yous?

A nice lad; always had a lot of time for the fans.

Generally plays as a forward although he can fill in as a makeshift central defender.

Reasonably good at holding the ball up for other faster players; most of his goals for us have come from point blank and headers. Not particularly prolific but good for coming on as a substitute in my opinion. Seems to have struggled in the championship but was pretty good in the first division.

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Reasonably good at holding the ball up for other faster players; most of his goals for us have come from point blank and headers. Not particularly prolific but good for coming on as a substitute in my opinion. Seems to have struggled in the championship but was pretty good in the first division.

He will be along side Dobbie,I'd imagine we have brought him in to be a starter so that seems worrying feedback  

Toddy scored against Morton from a break up the pitch and firing it into the net. Hasn't really had much in the way of starts this season as Hoppy liked changing Mullen's strike partner every game, I think he'll do well partnering Dobbie. Wasn't going to get games with us after we signed Miller and Hardie so a good move for him.

Knox going on loan is not before time, he's been fecking about playing in our development team or going away on trials this past season and a half, hasn't been doing him much good in the way of bringing him on footballing wise. His focus should be on improving and getting into our first team as a regular starter.