Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, Freddie said:

If that was the case then why was he in the starting line up for TNS game until Celtic and player decided it was best to return to Glasgow  

As someone else suggested something else in it and Hoppy knows that so it's nothing to do with game time. 

He wasn't in the starting line up, he was never going to be involved in that game. 

I was told days before the TNS game he'd been sent back to Celtic.

Edited by andylivi1

Perhaps I'm being unfair on Byrne given he's been a League 1 player up until now, but he's not exactly stood out in any of the league games I've seen so far. It's not saying much, but I thought Thomson was one of our best players on the pitch against St Mirren. I thought Byrne would've been the one to make way for him in the starting line up in the long term.

I doubt Thomson arrived here being told he was going to be a starter; if he's packed it in after a month because he's not starting every match then that's a poor reflection of him.

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Perhaps I'm being unfair on Byrne given he's been a League 1 player up until now, but he's not exactly stood out in any of the league games I've seen so far. It's not saying much, but I thought Thomson was one of our best players on the pitch against St Mirren. I thought Byrne would've been the one to make way for him in the starting line up in the long term.

I doubt Thomson arrived here being told he was going to be a starter; if he's packed it in after a month because he's not starting every match then that's a poor reflection of him.

He'll probably be loaned out to another championship side so we'll get the chance to see what he can do - possibly.

I think people are being really unfair on Byrne, he isn't gifted with incredible skills but he does an unbelievable job of breaking play up and allowing Pittman and Jacobs to play further forward. 

He will never be a stand out player for us but watch him put 100% into every game and win 50/50s all day long. 

Undoubedly Thomson looks a technically gifted player, no arguments from me there. 

Edited by andylivi1

39 minutes ago, Freddie said:

If that was the case then why was he in the starting line up for TNS game until Celtic and player decided it was best to return to Glasgow  

As someone else suggested something else in it and Hoppy knows that so it's nothing to do with game time. 

What? :lol: Very harsh for Celtic to let him travel to Oswestry then get him back up the road IMHO.

Edited by LiviLion

31 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Well Hoppy and Celtic must have had a different conversation then as Hoppy and I quote said "but he's in my starting line up for Sunday." 

Are you David Hopkin? How can you quote what was said?

6 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Apparently Alan Lithgow whipped his cock out again and Thompson was having none of it so he left the club.

Martindale trying to get him involved in the drug business, Lithgow running about with his cock out and Gallagher following him around with a bat. "Game time" had nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Perhaps I'm being unfair on Byrne given he's been a League 1 player up until now, but he's not exactly stood out in any of the league games I've seen so far. It's not saying much, but I thought Thomson was one of our best players on the pitch against St Mirren

He gave away the first goal against St Mirren after a mistake from a throw, looks technically gifted but didn't see enough of him.

Seems like he's acting like a wee kid anyway and spat the dummy, you can hardly expect to walk into a side that's just won a league at ease. Looks like he's not willing to do the work to get into the team and spat the dummy.

Who cares anyway? Hopefully we use that loan spot to get a striker in from a Premiership team or something, makes more sense at the moment

1 minute ago, Freddie said:

Crazy as it sounds maybe it wasn't the players decision

Seriously are you Joe Thomson ? 

I have no reason not to believe that the reason he has been sent back to Celtic was because he expected to be playing every week and was told he wouldn't be. 

Does it make much of a difference what our opinion is anyway ? He's gone. 

I trust Hoppys judgment over a player that has been in the door 4 weeks, he's never had an issue with any other players since joining the club as coach and manager, so why now ? Perhaps the player has an issue ? Perhaps Celtic wanted him to play every minute of every game ? Either way that wasn't going to happen so he's fucked off back to Celtic. 

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He gave away the first goal against St Mirren after a mistake from a throw, looks technically gifted but didn't see enough of him.

Seems like he's acting like a wee kid anyway and spat the dummy, you can hardly expect to walk into a side that's just won a league at ease. Looks like he's not willing to do the work to get into the team and spat the dummy.

Who cares anyway? Hopefully we use that loan spot to get a striker in from a Premiership team or something, makes more sense at the moment

Exactly, didn't see anything from him that makes me bothered he's away, must be a good player going by the QoS and Dumbarton fans comments but I didn't see it at Livi. He'd have been good cover or someone to rotate our midfield 3 but he's away now so f**k him. Knox looks better than him tbh, and i'd rather give one of our own young talented players a game than a loan player for someone else, Knox is technically very good and skilful on the ball, hits a good free kick too.

3 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Seriously are you David Hopkins?

we will never know but the truth is out there

ok Joe calm down, away back to Sellik bud. Enjoy your involvement in all the development team games :D 

Edited by ATLIS

Just now, Freddie said:

You're the only one defending him with supposed insider knowledge, but aren't saying how you have it or backing it up with anything. Nobody else really cares. He's away, no big miss as he hasn't done anything except give away a goal.

Andy writes a fan's blog for the DR through Callum Carson, so obv has some knowledge of what goes on with him being in and around the players and manager. Like I said though, not really bothered why he left or that he's away.

26 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Caught :lol:

I was one of Hopkin's biggest critics a year and a half a go, most posters on here know that, and most know I have been one of his biggest backers in the last 6 months. 

Football fans eh :thumsup2

If he wasn't getting game time then it makes sense for all involved that he returns to Sellic (so he can likely be loaned out elsewhere).

Sellic would obviously have been expecting him to get regular game time in the division below. I don't think that's an arrogant assumption. Why loan a player from the country's top club for cover? A bit daft really. But if Livi have been doing well then they clearly don't need him and it could free up a wage for a player they do require.

I've only saw Livi once and that was on Sunday amd I have to admit I wondered why Thomson hadn't been getting a game as his energy is exactly what the midfield needed. But ome game doesn't tell the whole story.

Sometimes loans work out and sometimes they don't: that's football.

FWIW I would take him back in a heartbeat.