Livingston - all the threads merged

There's a story in the Sun today saying the Italian owners plan to sue Pearse Flynn over debts incurred during his time at Almondvale, with their argument being he should settle them and not them.

Can they do this? I thought if you bought a club, you bought the debt as well.

Edited by keithgy

Guest johnjag
There's a story in the Sun today saying the Italian owners plan to sue Pearse Flynn over debts incurred during his time at Almondvale, with their argument being he should settle them and not them.

I would presume they could sue him if he had withheld information about the club's debt. Would Pearce do such a thing?

How do they go about proving that though, unless there is documents that state there is x amount of debt, but there is really y amount? But then would Pearse be daft enough to do that?

I noticed Massone's blaming lies spread on internet forums. Livi Lions will be a hoot today.

Club forums; can't live with them, can't live without them. Everybody is a self confessed expert on their own team. As has been seen before, talking about something that can cause other people a good deal of damage is more than a little stupid.

I am certain that as the current board continue to learn about Scottish football and the club that they have bought, there will be a few issues needing resolved that perhaps they were unaware of. I wouldn't imagine that they landed up here to rack up some minor debts, get sued and then rack off back to Italy.

Nothing to see here.

No they can't do it. It is the fault of the new owners if they didn't carry out due diligence.

They got the club for next to nothing as Pearse wanted to get rid of it to stop the drain on his finances. Most of the cost to the new owners was the debt owed to the council and suppliers.

I don't have anything against the Italians and they have got the feelgood factor back at Almondvale but I wish they would just bite the bullet and pay off the debts. They can then chase Pearse through the courts as much as they want.

A club like Livi with a smal fanbase needs the support of the local business community to buy hospitality, sponsorship, etc. If Massone had paid off all the small business debts then there would be a good chance he would have got most of the money back in sponsorship etc but by alienating a lot of the small businesses and forcing them into legal action he has effectively stopped that source of income.

They are millionaires after all?

The letter he sent out last week was a joke and now he refers to people like LLD as a 'fake fan' :lol:

Welcome to the plastic fan club Dave :lol:

No they can't do it. It is the fault of the new owners if they didn't carry out due diligence.

They got the club for next to nothing as Pearse wanted to get rid of it to stop the drain on his finances. Most of the cost to the new owners was the debt owed to the council and suppliers.

I don't have anything against the Italians and they have got the feelgood factor back at Almondvale but I wish they would just bite the bullet and pay off the debts. They can then chase Pearse through the courts as much as they want.

A club like Livi with a smal fanbase needs the support of the local business community to buy hospitality, sponsorship, etc. If Massone had paid off all the small business debts then there would be a good chance he would have got most of the money back in sponsorship etc but by alienating a lot of the small businesses and forcing them into legal action he has effectively stopped that source of income.

They are millionaires after all?

The letter he sent out last week was a joke and now he refers to people like LLD as a 'fake fan' :lol:

Welcome to the plastic fan club Dave :lol:

like most people, the new owners will obviously feel aggrieved that there are debts they knew nothing about and are right to chase Flynn (spit)

the word fake is a knee jerk defence to the way in which the story is unfolding on livilions. massones word is fake, Flynns (spit) was terrorists.

its an affectionate name for them and Im sure he means no harm :D

How do they go about proving that though, unless there is documents that state there is x amount of debt, but there is really y amount? But then would Pearse be daft enough to do that?

sounds a bit like a blind builder claiming x amount when the debt is y amount despite there being documents to prove it.

moral of the story? corruption is rife in scottish football and the tally's have been stung

If the original poster on the thread I've included is Massone, then surely the following statement must be of some concern to Livi fans:

"That all players have always received a regular salary paid with my personal money?"

No.

And why not? If Massone is forced to pay the creditors, the lies perpetuated by the 'fake fans' become too much and his stadium proposals are knocked back then you can't blame the game if he decides to walk away.

Who'll pay your players then?