Livingston - all the threads merged

I can't beleive no one has said this yet so here goes....would the last person left at Livi please turn off the lights....em wait a sec, no need to...

On a more serious note, is Masonne as seriously unhinged as it would appear? All true Livi fans have my full sympathy at having to watch thier club die in the most bizzare manner. Surely now the SFL must pull thier heads out from up thier backsides and do something!

Guest SavotheGreat
Never commented on this before but now I have no option "Massone is a ####in Idiot. As a club I believe we will not see next season.

Marks a sharp contrast to when you were stealing all of our best players and condemning us to relegation with all your plastic money, eh?

Bye.

Yes.

I'm not sure they would at this stage and with the fixtures already published. I'd guess the Management Committee may ask them if they'd rather play division one or division two. It would be difficult for them to go into division one now having released a number of players they would presumably have kept if in the higher league (Di Giacomo most notably) and having spent budget on players for the second division.

Certainly if it drags on another couple of weeks I don't see any way it would be practical.

On a spearate note, first round bye for us in the Alba Cup potentially then?

I'm not sure they would at this stage and with the fixtures already published. I'd guess the Management Committee may ask them if they'd rather play division one or division two. It would be difficult for them to go into division one now having released a number of players they would presumably have kept if in the higher league (Di Giacomo most notably) and having spent budget on players for the second division.

Certainly if it drags on another couple of weeks I don't see any way it would be practical.

Yeah, I was wondering what the cut off date would be, but I would have thought any time up until the first fixture, possibly even a bit beyond that. Really don't have a clue though, I don't know of any precedents for it or whether there are any rules in place to cover it.

On a spearate note, first round bye for us in the Alba Cup potentially then?

Good post. I hadn't thought of this angle at all.

If i was in Airdrie's shoes, i'd probably stick with Division 2. A season challenging for promotion and generally winning more than last season has to be better and will probably bring as many, if not slightly more fans, than a season spent getting murdered week in, week out with a second division squad in the First Division.

Mind you, they'd still beat us.

Yeah, I was wondering what the cut off date would be, but I would have thought any time up until the first fixture, possibly even a bit beyond that. Really don't have a clue though, I don't know of any precedents for it or whether there are any rules in place to cover it.

I don't think there's any cut off date in the rules but I'll have a quick look. It's more a practical thing. The SFL will be unhappy about having to issue amended fixtures for a start and there's always the possibility it might cause problems and fixture clashes somewhere along the line where people don't want them. Like the Raith angle where they need to be away on Links Market day. Perhaps Airdrie have similar requests somewhere along the line and slotting into Livingston's fixtures may not suit.

The only precedent was last year when Gretna dropped out and Airdrie played a division higher than they should have and so did Arbroath as a result. However, in that case there was a bit more notice. It was known at the end of May that this was going to happen (and suspected well before that so Airdrie were ready for it) and it was dealt with before fixture publication.

The only precedent was last year when Gretna dropped out and Airdrie played a division higher than they should have and so did Arbroath as a result. However, in that case there was a bit more notice. It was known at the end of May that this was going to happen (and suspected well before that so Airdrie were ready for it) and it was dealt with before fixture publication.

Gretna were put into the third division right away weren't they? So their first division place was never even ratified and Airdrie never actually relegated. As I understood it.

Per SFL rulebook

If any club(s) is expelled, resigns, retires or ceases to be a member of the League for any reason

after the end of one playing season but before the commencement of the next playing season,

the Management Committee will have full powers to deal with the situation as it deems

appropriate

Gretna were put into the third division right away weren't they? So their first division place was never even ratified and Airdrie never actually relegated. As I understood it.

No they weren't. They formally resigned before the League AGM at which any change would have been proposed and ratified.

Personally I think they would ask Airdrie to go back to SFL 1 and if there were any issues with Saturday fixtures they would request a Sunday game instead, same for the SFL 2 space. Thi would mean a spare place in the league and then Spartans would get the league place.

On the subject of Massone I can't believe this guys for real, Jeremy Beadle (RIP) must be about to pop out of somewhere at sometime. I actually sat open mouthed when he said it was a deliberate act to turn of the leccy to teach the fans a lesson...who does that?!?!?!

As has been posted (possibly on Livi Lions) once the cash comes in for Griffiths what then? It'll pay for the power...maybe...but what about the council back rent, the 'agreement' to buy the ground. Hegarty and Robertsons compensation, wages for this current month never mind next season...

Sorry Livi, i think this could be game over! :(

In other words, even they don't know.

However won't the likes of Brechin be in the same situation. IE Set up for next season in Division 2, budget-wise and all that?

Yes but I don't see the relevance? Brechin aren't next in line. It would be Airdrie or no-one I think.

Of course it won't just be Airdrie the situation will affect, there's the matter of who will take Airdries place in the 2nd Div, and a spare place in the 3rd Div to fill if Livi disappear altogether. Personally I think the SFL will procrastinate until it all becomes too complicated and the 1st Div will end up being played with 9 teams! So you can all look forward to a few saturdays off. :)