Livingston - all the threads merged

normal service for the East of Scotland League Division One, which is where Livingston will start the new season if things carry on like this for much longer.

has a bigger fantasist ever been in charge of an SFL club? he makes Claude Anelka's ill-stared tenure at Raith look like the work of an amateur by comparison.

There is a world of a difference between being wrong about someone or even being taken in by someone and being a sycophant is there not?

There are plenty of people that bought into the Massone dream before it became a nightmare. Not sure if they are the ones that deserve to be vilified.

Oh it was sycophancy alright. Pledging support and encouragement is one thing. It's another thing to denounce the dissenting voice in the hope that it is picked up by El Presidente. The presence of Massone on that thread drew sycophancy to a nausea inducing level. Personally speaking, there are people who deserve real respect (LLD and CDE), but there are plenty there who have followed an ethically bankrupt club for long enough to know when to draw the line. I don't see that Massone has made fools of them either. They have made fools of themselves......a fair percentage blinded by their youth, but by no means all.

Like Keane and PF, the Massone game has been transparent and sufficiently flawed for most right thinking individuals to see it for what it was.....but nope, on and on they went floundering around the coat tails of yet another chancer because this time, yes this time, something for nothing was coming back to Livingston.

Maybe this is the last time this kind of nonsense will find a home in West Lothian. If it comes to administration, then I really do hope the footballing penalties match the crime. Only five years after having the debt wiped clean, here they are again. And the last time was only a decade after having previously having had the slate wiped clean when the club came into being.

Surely to heavens the governing bodies of our game can't continue to give the little clubs who manage themselves within their means next to nothing while the Livingstons of this world run up huge debts they cannpot service in pursuit of some utopian ideal of where they see themselves in the footballing firmament. It has to stop.

If Livingston FC fold and collapse into dust, I will shed not one tear. I would not put a single penny into a bucket to support what has been pretty much rotten to the core from the start.

If the people of Livingston elect to start afresh with a mandate where good fiscal management and honesty are included rather than excluded, then they deserve the backing of every one of us.

I see the Livi fans on the Lions site are saying they reckon Griffiths will now go to Dundee. Total nonsense of course, but don't they realise that IF this did happen, then it won't be Livi's salvation, but the death knell. If Massone reaches an agreement with Dundee or whoever else for him, you can be bloody sure it'll be when one of those clubs offers most or all of the fee up front. Livingston FC won't see a penny.

I see the Livi fans on the Lions site are saying they reckon Griffiths will now go to Dundee. Total nonsense of course, but don't they realise that IF this did happen, then it won't be Livi's salvation, but the death knell. If Massone reaches an agreement with Dundee or whoever else for him, you can be bloody sure it'll be when one of those clubs offers most or all of the fee up front. Livingston FC won't see a penny.

Oh yes some of us understand that all too well. I only hope that Sparky doesn't sign in the mistaken belief that he is helping the club. I'd rather he went for nothing than massone got that money. The elcectricity folk don't just turn up and switch the power off without warning so that numbskull has known this would happen yet sits around fantasising while the club disintegrates about him.

According to Radio Scotland the electricity has been cut off to almondvale due to non payment of bills - oh dear.

Don't worry, it's just a power cut. They can call the Sparky to come fix it!

Oh wait, he's already tied up with a job in Dundee. Get the candles oot!

Oh yes some of us understand that all too well. I only hope that Sparky doesn't sign in the mistaken belief that he is helping the club. I'd rather he went for nothing than massone got that money. The elcectricity folk don't just turn up and switch the power off without warning so that numbskull has known this would happen yet sits around fantasising while the club disintegrates about him.

Griffiths may yet refuse to leave. After all, if Livi go into Admin he can do what he wants.

Absolutely. And yet there are still fans who back Massone and want to work with him. Why? He's a fantasist and a fucking liar.

Duncan Freemasons posts might make uncomfortable reading for some Livi fans, but IMO they're fucking spot on.

normal service for the East of Scotland League Division One, which is where Livingston will start the new season if things carry on like this for much longer.

has a bigger fantasist ever been in charge of an SFL club? he makes Claude Anelka's ill-stared tenure at Raith look like the work of an amateur by comparison.

That is the first compliment (albeit a backhanded compliment) that Anelka has ever recieved in respect to Raith Rovers.

Anelka was the catalyst for Rovers fans to take control, the time is now for Livi fans to have that same eureka moment or accept that they are heading for oblivion if they continue with the current regime. Is Davie Hay still anything to do with Livi and was it his son-in-aw that was involved?

Just watching BBC news and hearing Ged Nixon(fans spokesman) thoughts.

Not looking good at all for Livi. Massone promising the electric to be back on "next week".

Oh dear.

Heard this on the news. Massone claims they delibratly let it get to this stage to warn fans what happens if you dont help them out.

Do the Livi fans believe Mr Massone when he says he has put 2 million of his own money into the club.?

Massolini now claiming the power cut was a planned event to teach the fans a lesson. Hes also claiming to have put over £2 million of his own money into the club, and he's upset fans only put £149 into those buckets recently. I think the livi fans are going to have to get behind the trust. I know they're not perfect, but this guy is almost like a bloody cartoon character. You really do have my sympathies :(

I hope all you Livi fans out there have learned your lesson. Its unbelievable that you haven't given poor Mr Massone your money to allow him to put a few coins in the meter!!

I was dumbfounded by the bit on the TV there. If anyone doubted that the man is deranged surely those doubts have now gone!

I expect that the fire sale of Griffiths will be completed as fast as possible, pound notes exchanged and then you won't see Massone for dust and the club will be left to its fate. In the absence of directors, thats likely to be liquidation and oblivion as an administration order can only be initiated by the company themselves.

Massolini now claiming the power cut was a planned event to teach the fans a lesson. Hes also claiming to have put over £2 million of his own money into the club, and he's upset fans only put £149 into those buckets recently. I think the livi fans are going to have to get behind the trust. I know they're not perfect, but this guy is almost like a bloody cartoon character. You really do have my sympathies :(

Un-fucking-believable.

Surely not even MCL can defend this lunatic now?

And i'm amazed it was as much as £149.

Livi fans: Unite and get this fuckwit out. Either that or start planning to spend your Saturdays at Livingston Juniors.

Guest Turtoe

How does he think the fans will react to him saying it was intentional? It is a joke and so is Massone, how can you not pay the electricity bill? They also owe £250,000 to Midlothian Council. A total farce :(

I am prepared to bet that keeping it going the last few weeks has been all about holding on long enough to get the money in from Griffiths. There is now a danger that the whole pack of cards will collapse before the deal is settled.