Livingston - all the threads merged

Maybe it's because I'm a new school fan but I don't like of the shade of amber on the website. I think we should be dark yellow.

However we can stick with 'Amber Machine' as a nod to the past lol

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Daily Record publishes story about us trying to sign Goodwillie, and within 30 minutes it's rubbished.

Why do they feel the need to lie all the time? :lol: Or are the St Johnstone fans at it again?

Edited by LiviLion

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Daily Record publishes story about us trying to sign Goodwillie, and within 30 minutes it's rubbished.

Why do they feel the need to lie all the time? :lol: Or are the St Johnstone fans at it again?

The Scotsman's Stephen Halliday has gone to town on this made up story, bit of a minter for him if it's all just made up.

The article's not that bad actually: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/clyde/stephen-halliday-david-goodwillie-and-football-s-moral-maze-1-4758748

Do you think there would be such a visceral reaction if he'd actually gone to prison and served his time? The recency of the situation and the fact that he only got a fine due to the criminal/civil nonsense makes me disgusted that he's even linked.

I would rather we done a Brechin than have Goodwillie in the team

Think more so because he did what he did in West Lothian and his victim is from Livingston, it would not sit well

Also, if the stories are to be believed and there is a six figure sum involved, there are plenty of better options out there for that price without as much high profile baggage

2 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

I would rather we done a Brechin than have Goodwillie in the team

Think more so because he did what he did in West Lothian and his victim is from Livingston, it would not sit well

Also, if the stories are to be believed and there is a six figure sum involved, there are plenty of better options out there for that price without as much high profile baggage

Completely agree - would be a huge mistake bringing that beast in! He's also pish now anyway!

Not trying to pick a fight here lads, but why the reaction like this to Goodwillie (not convicted) yet the absolute adoration for Lithgow?

Seems odd.
Perhaps it's because Lithgow admitted his guilt and has shown remorse for his actions whereas...

Perhaps it's because Lithgow admitted his guilt and has shown remorse for his actions whereas...
So, 2 guys accused of rape, 1 totally denies it and there is insufficient evidence to say the rape happened, and 1 admits it and regrets it, you're saying the 2nd one is totally acceptable ?

Worst thing about the Goodwillie rumour (which lasted a whole 30 minutes) is we'll probably now have some of those Clyde supporting rape apologists on the thread.

2 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
29 minutes ago, Walter said:

So, 2 guys accused of rape, 1 totally denies it and there is insufficient evidence to say the rape happened, and 1 admits it and regrets it, you're saying the 2nd one is totally acceptable ?

Lithgow wasn't accused of rape.

Worst thing about the Goodwillie rumour (which lasted a whole 30 minutes) is we'll probably now have some of those Clyde supporting rape apologists on the thread.

Think you will find Walter is the only rape apologist, he actually admitted he would accept a rapist if they admitted to it ! Goodwillie isnt on the sex offenders register nor was he criminally convisted.....just to bounce back your Lithgow argument.

4 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think you will find Walter is the only rape apologist, he actually admitted he would accept a rapist if they admitted to it ! Goodwillie isnt on the sex offenders register nor was he criminally convisted.....just to bounce back your Lithgow argument.

I can’t believe what I am hearing from Walter. Fucking scary stuff.