Livingston - all the threads merged

Yeah didn't stand out till the play offs, wouldn't have minded signing him to fill out the squad and see if he could show that form in the Premiership though. I'd also give Frizzell another chance, can see a good player in there, just needs some coaching to bring it out in him.

Wont hear anything about a manager till next week, after Martindale gets home from his hols and down to the stadium to interview the ones on his short list. Desperate to get Halkett and Alexander signed up though, both of them are maybe waiting till the manager is appointed so they can have a chat with him before making up their mind on what they're doing.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Wee bit from Miller on the Record transfer blog...I’m speaking to a lot of people to get some advice on it (Livingston); is it possible for a start, is there going to be too much hard work involved? Knowing how I am that I’m obsessed with playing or coaching or managing.

It might be tough to combine (the two roles).

Everyone else thinks it’s either one or the other, but playing has to be a big part of it because you’re a long time retired.

Doesnt sound like a guy who’s convinced a move into management is the best step for him just now. 

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Wee bit from Miller on the Record transfer blog...I’m speaking to a lot of people to get some advice on it (Livingston); is it possible for a start, is there going to be too much hard work involved? Knowing how I am that I’m obsessed with playing or coaching or managing.

It might be tough to combine (the two roles).

Everyone else thinks it’s either one or the other, but playing has to be a big part of it because you’re a long time retired.

Doesnt sound like a guy who’s convinced a move into management is the best step for him just now. 

I don't think you can successfully do both, but maybe that would suit Martindale, allowing him more involvement in the management side. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah didn't stand out till the play offs, wouldn't have minded signing him to fill out the squad and see if he could show that form in the Premiership though. I'd also give Frizzell another chance, can see a good player in there, just needs some coaching to bring it out in him.

Wont hear anything about a manager till next week, after Martindale gets home from his hols and down to the stadium to interview the ones on his short list. Desperate to get Halkett and Alexander signed up though, both of them are maybe waiting till the manager is appointed so they can have a chat with him before making up their mind on what they're doing.

So your assistant manager is going to interview prospective managers, and then work under the one he appoints? 

That's a bit mixed up. 

58 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So your assistant manager is going to interview prospective managers, and then work under the one he appoints? 

That's a bit mixed up. 

Nothing is conventional at Livi.

It's either that or he's passing on the short list to John Ward for him to interview them, not looking for anyone that wants to come in and do their own thing though, they're wanting to build on what Hoppy did last season and work along that same ethos.

Baptism of fire, welcome to the big boy's league for us.

Not going to get an easy game so may as well start with the hardest one first, and get it out of the way, nothing to lose in that one anyway, def wont be expected to get anything from it. Will be a good test for our defence.

Whilst I am not expecting much in the first league game. party atmosphere from the Celtic fans so should be a great atmosphere.

You never know though, if we have a great start to the season, top the BETFRED group, maybe even winning all the games, we might keep the result respectable :) 

2 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

Why would they give him a years deal and then loan him to a team in the same division , not having a go mate just curious ?

May want to give him a chance in their first team but not straight away. Putting him out on loan to another Premiership team for half the season would have him getting guaranteed starts with us and ready to have a decent chance at first team football with them. Rather than the odd game with them trying to get in their team.