Livingston - all the threads merged

Lamie is a cracking signing for Livi. He was our best defender by last season and can fill in at left back if your new manager fancies a Duffyball back line of 4 monsters at some point. 

Really disappointed not to keep him but hope he does well in the Premiership.

I see you have just announced Callum Crane. Do Livi operate with a director of football who takes care of signing the players?
If you read any of the past 100 posts on this thread, or read fully the BBC statements about the club's signing policy, then you would have seen that it's our assistant David Martindale who is signing the players.
The new manager will work closely with Him just as Hopkin did.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

If you read any of the past 100 posts on this thread, or read fully the BBC statements about the club's signing policy, then you would have seen that it's our assistant David Martindale who is signing the players.
The new manager will work closely with Him just as Hopkin did.

I can't say I've seen any statements on the BBC nor can I be remotely fucked reading through the last 100 posts, so thanks for confirming.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see you have just announced Callum Crane. Do Livi operate with a director of football who takes care of signing the players?

Think Crane was a PCA signed before the play offs. 

54 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Callum Crane confirmed. 2 year deal. 

I'm going to have to stop getting my hopes up for Hardie, Halkett and Alexander.

I thought Lamie was maybe a replacement for Longridge but Crane looks more like he's going to play in that role, LB/LWB/LM. So looking like both Saunders and Lamie are CB's which makes me think Halkett wont be signing. Still holding out some hope though, and also haven't given up on Hardie or Alexander.

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I thought Lamie was maybe a replacement for Longridge but Crane looks more like he's going to play in that role, LB/LWB/LM. So looking like both Saunders and Lamie are CB's which makes me think Halkett wont be signing. Still holding out some hope though, and also haven't given up on Hardie or Alexander.

I'd be surprised if Alexander moves on - not sure another PL team would take a 40 year old keeper and he can probs do his coaching badges etc. at Livi. Hardie and Halkett obviously trying to get better deals elsewhere/new contract at Rangers. I think we need to consider them gone but if they sign then its a bonus. Def need a couple strikers signed up.

I’ve been thinking about this and I reckon we’d probably be in for Alexander to possibly act as back up goalie and coach. We had a similar set up with Steve Banks, just depends if Alexander wants to continue playing or move into coaching I guess.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’ve been thinking about this and I reckon we’d probably be in for Alexander to possibly act as back up goalie and coach. We had a similar set up with Steve Banks, just depends if Alexander wants to continue playing or move into coaching I guess.

You know nothing Widge.

You know nothing Widge.

I know many things Tam, I also have a lot of random thoughts in my head which may amount to nothing more than waffle.

This is one of those instances.

16 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Callum Crane confirmed. 2 year deal. 

I'm going to have to stop getting my hopes up for Hardie, Halkett and Alexander.

Really was a standout for us and won the admiration of opposing fans too, will fit in well with your squad, hard working and clever , too good for us for sure !

good luck calum and thanks for your contribution ..