Livingston - all the threads merged

14 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Latest news  on new manager? Jim McIntyre would be a good fit done really well with Ross County. 

Bizarrely, the drug dealing assistant seems to have been given responsibility to find the new manager, presumably with the condition that he remains the assistant. 

Rumour has it that part of the interview process will involve applicants taking part in a psychometric test. The person closest to 'psychopath' gets the job. 

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bizarrely, the drug dealing assistant seems to have been given responsibility to find the new manager, presumably with the condition that he remains the assistant. 

Rumour has it that part of the interview process will involve applicants taking part in a psychometric test. The person closest to 'psychopath' gets the job. 

Did Martindale sell you a bad batch or something?  That's all you ever come on here to post about.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did Martindale sell you a bad batch or something?  That's all you ever come on here to post about.

Just find it quite amusing that you are a club with no morals. Drug dealer as assistant, sex pest and thug at centre half, yet claim to be a family club. 

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Our owner has made it very clear that the successful candidate will need to be willing to work with the existing backroom team. They have been in place for years and the continuity is important. Also, as a club, we cannot afford to pay off several people every time a manager moves on. Makes sense but will rule out some managers that want to bring their team with them. Thankfully there will be plenty that are content to come in and work on that basis.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just find it quite amusing that you are a club with no morals. Drug dealer as assistant, sex pest and thug at centre half, yet claim to be a family club. 

So, if a person commits a crime and carries out the punishment meted out to them by society they should never again get a chance to work - is that your hypothesis?

You are clearly entitled to your view. I would love if none of the crimes were committed but I do believe in second chances and it’s not like these guys have been earning big bucks or anything - they have just tried to rebuild their lives using the talents that have been given to them. If they repeat their offences or transgress again whilst under the employment of Livi FC then I’m sure their position would be untenable.

Just now, Hendo said:

Doesn't look like you find it amusing at all, rather obsessed more like.

I hope your moral crusade isn't just limited to Livingston FC though, there are plenty of other clubs who have players and staff with a colourful past to keep you busy.  Maybe you should start with the justice system allowing people gainful employment after committing a crime, shocking isn't it?

28 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Darian Mackinnon has physically stabbed someone but has been more than capable at playing at this level.

He done his time, paid his price and has learned to get his anger out on the pitch where he'll have something to show for it.

Was our best player in the 2016/2017 season.

Second chances... yes they should exist.

52 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Darian Mackinnon has physically stabbed someone but has been more than capable at playing at this level.

He done his time, paid his price and has learned to get his anger out on the pitch where he'll have something to show for it.

Was our best player in the 2016/2017 season.

Second chances... yes they should exist.

You seem a thoroughly decent human being...we didn't seen many of them while we were in the championship forum

1 hour ago, Snooky said:

So, if a person commits a crime and carries out the punishment meted out to them by society they should never again get a chance to work - is that your hypothesis?

You are clearly entitled to your view. I would love if none of the crimes were committed but I do believe in second chances and it’s not like these guys have been earning big bucks or anything - they have just tried to rebuild their lives using the talents that have been given to them. If they repeat their offences or transgress again whilst under the employment of Livi FC then I’m sure their position would be untenable.

I think it depends on the crime. People should get the chance to rehabilitate, but the Livi assistant manager was a major drug dealer, linked closely to gangland figures who was convicted to six and a half years in jail. They reckoned he had made £225000 from his crimes, of which only £175000 could be reclaimed under proceeds of crime legislation. Is that the type of person who should really have such a prominent role in the club? 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think it depends on the crime. People should get the chance to rehabilitate, but the Livi assistant manager was a major drug dealer, linked closely to gangland figures who was convicted to six and a half years in jail. They reckoned he had made £225000 from his crimes, of which only £175000 could be reclaimed under proceeds of crime legislation. Is that the type of person who should really have such a prominent role in the club? 

We are fully aware of the  crimes you reference. Unless there is a suggestion that he has continued his involvement with criminal activities then I can live with his role as assistant manager at the club. 

I do understand a different viewpoint on this and also take into account how remorseful the guilty party is (I don’t know one way or another about Martindale on that point). I’m still of the view that if you do a crime and then do whatever the courts or authorities deem necessary of you then you deserve a second chance.  Otherwise you just push people into further criminal activity or a lifetime of dependence on the state - neither of which are appealing in a civilised society.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Whatever happened to that Owusu guy who had the Livi supporters club in Ghana? Did we ever give him a trial? Hopefully he's the signing we're announcing.

Aye get him over to be the Livi Lion mascot if he isn't good enough, just for a season.