Livingston - all the threads merged

Tremendous business, a real confidence boost for the club and a sign that we as a club are heading in the right direction. 

If rumours are to be true he was linked with a number of clubs who would be able to offer far and above anything we could,  real commitment to the club by Shaun. 

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wow, didn't see it being for 2 years, excellent news.

I think Pittman was only a one year deal, but his contract wont be valid now we've been promoted and he'll negotiate a new one, wonder if he'll get it extended to 2 years too.

Just need Halkett now and we're cooking by gas.

I would hope that there was a clause in there that gives him a raise in the event of promotion. I'd rather that than him being able to negotiate something new.

His old man was, and I quote, "fucking raging" when he signed the new deal. Not because it was with us, far from it, but because he felt that young Pitts was too quick off the mark in signing it.

The Ferranti and Meadowbank patter stopped being funny about 18 years ago tbh , I bet you'll still crack up at the Grangemouth patter in 18 years time though.
Accies are a kindred spirit, hope we both stay up.

Miserable git...[emoji23]

Just now, mozam76 said:

sI would hope that there was a clause in there that gives him a raise in the event of promotion. I'd rather that than him being able to negotiate something new.

His old man was, and I quote, "fucking raging" when he signed the new deal. Not because it was with us, far from it, but because he felt that young Pitts was too quick off the mark in signing it.

I was surprised it was only for the one year, Lithgow signed at the same time and his was a 2 year deal.

Sure I read Hoppy saying both of them had a clause in their contracts to renegotiate their deals in the event of promotion though, not sure if that meant a whole new deal or just the amount they were being paid.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Jackson Longridge to sign for Dunfermline

Good luck to the lad, a fantastic character but probably not quite good enough to make the step up, great going forward but defensively suspect. 

Good luck to the lad, hope he does well for Dunfermline, been part of an incredible journey here and deserves more success. 

Edited by andylivi1

I think it’s massive that he is staying at the club. He’s been a massive part of last 2 seasons. Him and Pittman Are a joy to watch. I’m sure he would have had other options but shows how much he’s committed.

lets get Halkett and Hardie signed and that will be fantastic 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Good luck to the lad, a fantastic character but probably not quite good enough to make the step up, great going forward but defensively suspect. 

Good luck to the lad, hope he does well for Dunfermline, been part of an incredible journey here and deserves more success. 

Agree with all of that, good luck Jacko.

I see Jason Talbot left Dunfermline, hope we aren't thinking of signing him, was a god player for us during his time at Livi but I don't think he's Premiership standard.

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

My thoughts exactly although I think he improved a lot throughout the season. I also think he may eventually be good enough for the Premiership once he gets a bit more experience.

Year after year of abject failure in the championship has really taken its toll on the Falkirk fans eh ? [emoji38]
I don’t blame them, it must be difficult seeing a team come up from league 1 with 800 fans get promoted out of the league in one season and into the premiership. 
This is #Ourtime 

To be fair it is pretty gutting but Falkirk supporters are well aware that our failure to escape this league lies with an overcautious BOD (not condoning reckless spending though).

A little disappointed at Jacko moving, as suspect as he was defensively I thought he was a fantastic outball on the left and isn't afraid to run at defenders. Good luck to him, hope he does well and doesn't come back to haunt us.

Nice to read people speaking fairly positively about Jackson Longridge. Just came on to see what your opinions were of him, as I haven’t seen that much of him.

Sounds like he’s got potential and sounds a bit similar to Ryan Williamson, with less pace. Leaves us with 3 decent young full backs for next season.

Also, while I’m here, congrats on getting Byrne signed up for another 2 years. Seems to have been excellent for you guys. All the best for next season, hopefully you can get the right manager and keep proving everyone wrong [emoji106]

8 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I see Shrewsbury have appointed a manager, I wonder if Hoppy will actually get a gig in England. Looks like he is now relying on the Bradford job coming through for him.

Wonder if we'll offer him his post back if he doesn't have any luck...I'm sure he's technically still under contract until the end of the month

Think his contract expired yesterday. I think if there were any doubts in his mind about leaving, we would not have seen that statement yesterday.

He will either have something lined up or be content to bide his time for the right opportunity.

20 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Think his contract expired yesterday. I think if there were any doubts in his mind about leaving, we would not have seen that statement yesterday.

He will either have something lined up or be content to bide his time for the right opportunity.

I would say so too. Hopefully I’m wrong but really doubt it. Like you said, that statement wouldn’t of been released if he wasn’t 100% sure. 

Good to see Shaun signed up for two years! Good move by the club. Looking forward to seeing who else is brought in as they seem to be doing good business. What’s happening with the new pitch? When is that getting put down? Good move for the club in my eyes getting that done anyway. 

49 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Wishful thinking on my part