Livingston - all the threads merged

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Heard we're being linked with Louis Longridge and Goodwillie now too

Nope and nope.

I do know Goodwillie has been spoken about but I’m not convinced that would be a good move at all by the club. 

Edited by andylivi1

Heard we're being linked with Louis Longridge and Goodwillie now too

I wouldn’t even want Goodwillie to be let into the stadium if we drew Clyde in the cup, let alone see him sign for us

Given that the event that he was found to have committed, and was subsequently upheld by three appeal judges, took place in West Lothian and his victim is from Livingston, I fear it would be arguably the biggest PR disaster in our history (and by Christ we have had some crackers) that could undo all the hard work we have done trying to re-build the faith of the local community

Just now, Livilion28 said:

Sibbald isn’t a swap for Byrne is it?

What is it with you and Falkirk, Pittman isn't going there and I doubt Byrne will be either. If anything this shows we've moved above Falkirk in standing, we've just taken their best player.

David Goodwillie - f**k no. A disaster waiting to happen.

Louis Longridge - can score the odd raker but generally looks like a Championship version of Kenny Miller. Could be a useful filler in the squad but we need more quality than him if we’re to stay up.

I think any player coming into Livi with our coaching staff (hopefully intact) would get a reasonably pish player turned into a good one.
Lithgow anyone?

I like the thought of Longridge but not Goodwillie.
Both Longridge boys ripping it up the wings. Longridge will also take a shot on and is a physical player. Get his fitness up to our standards and install the Livi ethos into him, I reckon it'd be a safe bet.

I think the fact the LL couldn't break into a Hamilton team that escaped relegation by a bawhair tells you all you need to know about his suitability for the premiership. He did a good job for us for 6 months but could be incredibly frustrating by making poor decisions and holding onto the ball too long at times. I wouldn't have minded him staying but I am not fussed that he is away.

I hope you’re meaning Jackson, as there is no way in hell you could describe Louis as physical.

Sibbald is a good signing for you, but you should be aiming higher than Longridge.
Our last home game against Failkirk Louis should have been sent off at least twice as well as flipping off the Livi support.
He was incredibly physical that evening.

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We finished 4 points above the relegation place. Hardly 'a bawhair'.

You're right about Longridge though. Nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

I would definitely say 4 points from automatic relegation and avoiding a play-off bodying from livi by goal difference is a bawhair. 1 win and 1 draw in the last 12 games of the season confirms that for me as well, only the pure shiteyness of county and partick kept you up. Sort of how we didn't spend the first 6 months rock bottom of the championship because of brechins utter nonsense.

I don't know what I'm more happy about, the signing or the fact we have broken the Falkirk fans, the comments on their Facebook post are unreal [emoji23][emoji7]

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What is it with you and Falkirk, Pittman isn't going there and I doubt Byrne will be either. If anything this shows we've moved above Falkirk in standing, we've just taken their best player.

Sibbald wasnt our best player last season. Jordan McGhee was.  Louis Longridge got more assists and goals last season than Sibbs and played less minutes. Sibbald looked uninterested at the start of last season prob due to the fact he never got a move but tbf so did most during our car crash start under Houston. I wish him well though. A move might just be the best thing for him.