Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Who confirmed that we are to have a 3g pitch next season?
I've not seen an official announcement on the website to confirm....

Your manager did for one when he was interviewed by Radio Scotland before Thursday's game

Fookin fantastic thats how this feels.
Finally off the field after so many years of financial fuckwhittery we started to get things right,we get relegated to league 1 then bang everthing starts to fall into place!!
After winning league 1,i hoped for mid table survival this season but this team kept going like a machine and on one of the lowest budgets in the championship!!

These players deserve a shot at the premiership and whatever happens there,this season will live long in the memory!!

Never knew you supported them, you're a decent poster. Enjoy mate

Av been a whitburn lad aw ma life ma man,spent time with mr.lambie too at a Scotland v Belgium game back in 2000.

Supported Livi as soon as they moved to West Lothian,in a county of junior teams it was great to go and watch senior fitba.

The "Vale" connection comes from many trips in my early years up to Whitehills near Banff on holiday,went to see Deveronvale on many an occasion and still do.

Same to yerself JLD,i wish you guys all the very best next season :thumsup2

Edited by Whitburn Vale

Congratulations to Livi and to David Hopkin -superb achievement. Cruising through League One to win it with games to spare last season, then finishing above 8 teams in the Championship, then beating Thistle to get to the top division.

Three different seasons, three different divisions.     #upward trajectory   .

I don’t think it’s quite sunk in for me yet, but I’ll remember this day forever. Makes going up and down the country watching us getting pumped by Peterhead and Stranraer seem all the more worth it now.

I would’ve quite happily have seen Hopkin punted after our relegation two years ago, but he deserves all the credit and praise that’s coming his way for turning this team and indeed, the entire club, around. Regardless of where he ends up, he’s got my respect and I wish him all the very best. I’m probably a tad biased but when you weigh up where we were when he became manager, the players he’s had to work with and the budget available to him, this is up there with some of the greatest achievements in the modern Scottish game.

What a day, what a team, what a support, everything was just perfect. Took me back to our CIS cup final win, it had the same vibe to it, and once Keaghan scored I just couldn't see us losing, even had a feeling Neil was going to save the pen, nothing was getting past him to spoil our day, absolutely buzzing still. 

_1016510.jpg

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wish they had a camera on Liam Buchanan during the game.

It worked out best for us him leaving, he was superb last season but not sure him and Mullen would've taken us up this season, Miller and Hardie coming in on the Jan transfer window wouldn't have happened and those two were a huge part of us getting 2nd place. Playing 6 play off game may have been too much too, we were down to the bare bones after 3 games with injuries and knocks, so having the advantage of being 2nd and coming in at the semi's def helped too.

Hoppy sold Mullen to St Mirren because he had ran his course with us and wasn't progressing any further, brilliant move selling him to release funds to bring in Hardie and Miller.

Following Livi is a rollercoaster ride. In the last few years we've hit rock bottom with administrations and relegations, dodgy owners, court cases and points deductions. This double promotion means the world to those of us that have stuck with them home and away through thick and thin. If it all goes pear shaped next season we will not be phased. We just start again.  Mon the Livi! :thumsup2

Congratulations guys. Hopkin has turned you into a strong, effective side who are an absolute bitch to play against. At this precise moment in time (albeit with a long transfer window to come) I think you are geared up better to survive in the top flight than us.

Wonder if Hopkin will hang around for the challenge.

Didn't sound like Hopkin is in a rush to leave on the Sportscene highlights, talking about next season's squad and sitting down with the board on Tuesday. I fucking love that man. 

Hopefully get as much of this squad signed up now that we know where we'll be, and looking forward to the kind of players we'll bring in. Massive hammer throwing cluggers please. 

Still hasn't properly sunk in. See you in the Premiership forum.