Livingston - all the threads merged

11 hours ago, Smokiejohn said:

Knew you had a low budget but hadn’t realised the size of gap till reading this . Your man’s done an outstanding job .

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/16223234.Tam_McManus__Lions__tale_can_be_greatest_story_of_the_season/

Mmmm, given that the source of this "fact" is Tam McManus who told us all a month or two back that it was a fact Stephen Dobbie was the highest paid player in the division I would be pretty sceptical of it.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmmm, given that the source of this "fact" is Tam McManus who told us all a month or two back that it was a fact Stephen Dobbie was the highest paid player in the division I would be pretty sceptical of it.

He is, or atleast up there, an outside investor is paying his wage and it’s well over 2k a week, plus £500 a goal, I don’t really know why QoS fans are touchy about it all, if we had an outside influence paying for Hardie’s wage next season I’d not be overly bothered as long as it wasn’t affecting the clubs finances overall. 

Edited by andylivi1

Fair enough .., Tam McManus may not be the most thorough of reporters .... I could care less , but you can’t deny the job Hopkin has done . I’m sure a fair few other Championship teams would love to be having a crack at Partick Thistle for a place in the Premiership .

46 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

He is, or atleast up there, an outside investor is paying his wage and it’s well over 2k a week, plus £500 a goal, I don’t really know why QoS fans are touchy about it all, if we had an outside influence paying for Hardie’s wage next season I’d not be overly bothered as long as it wasn’t affecting the clubs finances overall. 

Tam?

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Good to know, thanks. I will file that post under clueless next to Tam's tweets. :)

Thoughts on Josh mullin yer midfielder linked with Queen of the South? 
Hardworking, excellent delivery from open play and set pieces. Not the most skillful but he will run all day. Had a spell where he drifted out of the team but he's back and playing well just now. Overall, decent championship player who has made a big contribution to our season. Not sure he would cut it in the spl but if we don't make it up I would 100% keep him.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

There is one person on this messageboard who will know every little detail of King Dobbies contract and it's SD. He of course won't tell you it but if he says you're  talking nonsense you're talking nonsense. Dobbie will be one of the highest paid players in the league but I would think 2/3 at Dundee Utd will be on more. 

Edited by Broony88

8 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

There is one person on this messageboard who will know every little detail of King Dobbies contract and it's SD. He of course won't tell you it but if he says you're  talking nonsense you're talking nonsense. Dobbie will be one of the highest paid players in the league but I would think 2/3 at Dundee Utd will be on more. 

“He is, or is atleast up there”

22 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

“He is, or is atleast up there”

Yes and I'm only adding to that by pointing in the direction of Dundee Utd to find those players. 

Edited by Broony88

What’s Darren Jamieson like?

If he’s got his head together and can get a good run of games behind him, I think he’ll be a very good keeper for League 1. Had a superb record of keeping out penalties for us, was immense during 14/15 but petered out the next season and couldn’t get his place back in the team.

Good luck to the guy if he moves up there, deserves a crack at it again.