Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, ATLIS said:

I can see it now, Jack Hamilton scores a last minute header to see us go up v Partick. 0-1 agg score over two legs - instant Livi hero,

Then for us to realise he wasn't allowed to play and it was an admin error on our part and as such forfeit the game :D 

I don't think I could take that happening, i'd have to go into therapy to get over it.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think I could take that happening, i'd have to go into therapy to get over it.

Would be the most Livi thing to happen since the Crusader's game :D It's been a while since we've had a muck up

So was McPake but you wouldn't have called him one after he went into defence.

I wasn't saying he is still a striker but he still carries a goal threat like mcpake did...I see your point about not having another recognised striker as such but we have plenty of goal threats in the team.

I can see it now, Jack Hamilton scores a last minute header to see us go up v Partick. 0-1 agg score over two legs - instant Livi hero,

Then for us to realise he wasn't allowed to play and it was an admin error on our part and as such forfeit the game [emoji3] 

Dinny....just....dinny

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

I wasn't saying he is still a striker but he still carries a goal threat like mcpake did...I see your point about not having another recognised striker as such but we have plenty of goal threats in the team.

Absolutely, and i'd have him on from the start with Mullin on the other wing, Robinson in the middle playing in the hole behind Miller and Hardie. But a plan B of throwing on another striker rather than switching a player from the wing up front would be a good option too.

I don't think Rafa has scored a goal at home this season yet, hopefully he breaks his duck in the play offs, though if he scores another goal away from home that would be great too, the one in the cup against Falkirk was superb (little back heeler as he was leaping through the air), so was his goal against Hibs ( goal of the season contender).

22 minutes ago, btb said:

What is Hopkin's contract situation?

Out of contract in the summer AFAIK. But we're signing players up onto longer deals which would suggest he'll sign once we know what league we're in

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I can see Morton offering him a deal....

So can I. He apparently owns shares in Morton too - here's hoping the fans backing yesterday shows him where his home is. I think he wants to see through the project with us at least and go from then. He could do a lot better than Morton at very least

So can I. He apparently owns shares in Morton too - here's hoping the fans backing yesterday shows him where his home is. I think he wants to see through the project with us at least and go from then. He could do a lot better than Morton at very least

The way he spoke on alba at half time of the united game he likes being at Livi and sees us as a great platform to move onto a bigger team...I don't see Morton as a huge step up from us tbh... especially if we go up. Think he's got his sights on England...he seems a pretty ambitious guy

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ohright, thought because they were already Livi players we could have them playing for us at any time, usually there is the option to bring them back from a loan spell but seeing as their loan deal is over I didn't think it would be a problem,   

You cant change teams at first team level after 31 March. Neither Hamilton mor Mackin can play for Livi this season regardless of how many clubs they have already played for.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You cant change teams at first team level after 31 March. Neither Hamilton mor Mackin can plsy for Livi this season regardless of how many ckubs they have already played for.

Would Mackin not count as first team given he played the entire first half of the season for us?

Edited by ATLIS

9 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Nah a player can only play for 2 clubs during one season.

Jack has been at Penicuick and Berwick Rangers this season. Also his loan deal won't run out until after the playoffs.

ETA - That's why Tony Watt has not been able to sign for another club since January as he has already played for 2 clubs this season before being released.

The two club rule doesnt apply below spfl level. Penicuik wont count. But you are right, he still cant come back.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Would Mackin not count as first team given he played the entire first half of the season for us?

Mackin is on a standard loan to Brechin (window to window). That lasts to June 9th when the window opens. You cannot recall a standard loan early except with special permission from the SPFL Board and you cannot do it at all under any circumstances after 31 March (well you can but the player isnt allowed to play 1st team for the parent club on early return - Joe Thomson's loan at you 1st half of the season was cancelled but when he went back to Celtic he was banned from 1st team involvement until the window opened on January 1st).

You are not allowed to play Mackin or Hamilton in the playoffs. Period.

16 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Out of contract in the summer AFAIK. But we're signing players up onto longer deals which would suggest he'll sign once we know what league we're in

Yeah that's where I was going - will he stay if you're not promoted (if the Morten job is still available)?

I'd be really surprised if he went to Morton, it's a sideways step at this point. If a Premiership club or a job down south came calling then I wouldn't br surprised, but jumping to Morton where repeating what he'd done this season would be about the best that he could hope for isn't really the best move for an ambitious young manager.

Edited by thruthenight

13 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I'd be really surprised if he went to Morton, it's a sideways step at this point. If a Premiership club or a job down south came calling then I wouldn't br surprised, but jumping to Morton where repeating what he'd done this season would be about the best that he could hope for isn't really the best move for an ambitious young manager.

Relatively inexperienced yes, but young no.

6 hours ago, thruthenight said:

If you don't go up, i think there's a good chance he will be back at Cappielow next season.

He has done wonders this season for you boys, but repeating that with a small budget will be extremely difficult.  He would have a considerably higher budget with us i suspect and has an obvious affection for the club having played for us and been involved with the youth academy.  Think he is our 3rd largest shareholder too. and think i read somewhere that he still stays locally.

Would imagine a contract offer from us would be a good bit more and a longer contract length as well.

A difficult decision if he is faced with it, but i personally think if we show that we really want him and give him an attractive budget, he would take it. Time will tell i guess.