Livingston - all the threads merged

Was Steven Boyd our most useless signing of recent times? I’m honestly struggling to think of anyone who comes close, I’ve not seen a player blatantly refuse to pass the fucking football so much in all my life.

Jakub hottek and big Attila Kriston are up there...although might be a bit beyond "recent times"

Boyd was immature but nowhere near the level of shiteness of some that have come in on short term deals prior to Hopkins taking charge. Most only appeared in a few friendlies accompanied by a couple of appearances off the bench but one who got a reasonable run despite being consistently shite in my book was Michael McKenna. His ability to run up the wing and give the ball away at the end or pass it to the opposition so that they could counter attack really put Boyd into the shade.

Least-ways Boyd showed some skill even if his footballing brain wasn't there yet (although at 20 years old you would have hoped it should have been).

Boyd was immature but nowhere near the level of shiteness of some that have come in on short term deals prior to Hopkins taking charge. Most only appeared in a few friendlies accompanied by a couple of appearances off the bench but one who got a reasonable run despite being consistently shite in my book was Michael McKenna. His ability to run up the wing and give the ball away at the end or pass it to the opposition so that they could counter attack really put Boyd into the shade.
Least-ways Boyd showed some skill even if his footballing brain wasn't there yet (although at 20 years old you would have hoped it should have been).

Anyone picking up a wage every week for being a footballer should have a footballing brain!
McKenna showed flashes of good stuff but lacked the confidence I think. I'm sure he knocked in a couple of goals for us too.
Boyd did absolutely feck all for us. Not even an incisive pass for a goal. All he did was give the ball away or "do a Rubio" and fluff the ball so far into St Maggie's car park.

I'm maybe being a bit harsh on Ross Brown but he was clearly back to fitness before his move to Airdrie and obviously didn't show enough to make a claim for the first team.

Thomson was a funny one. Someone id liked to have seen more of but was clearly way too similar to Keags and Robinson and didn't get into the team because of that. His attitude if he did feck off in a huff says more about him than us. Like Penrice, he didn't get straight into the team but Penrice obviously showed Hoppy in training. Thomson was obviously more interested in extending his deal with Celtic.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:19, ATLIS said:

Just noticed that Hoppy must be close to our longest serving manager 

Ray Stewart 1997–2000
Jim Leishman 2000–2003
Gary Bollan 2009–2012
David Hopkin 2015–Present

Hopefully we can keep hold of him to become the longest serving manager.

8/9 Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg
12/13 Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg

17 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
20 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

Get it booked off work, get the calendar cleared! :D 

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The Premiership semi-final 2nd leg was played on Friday last year. Was that a last minute change for TV?

Yep, all dates subject to last minute TV deals I'm sure - I'll wait for the SPFL to confirm before actually booking anything off. Going by their recent form I'll have it booked by Christmas

Edited by ATLIS

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Just having a thought about Knox there. Checked and he's yet again on the bench for East Fife. He surely can't be as good as everyone thinks he is.
Anyone know if he's still featuring during the week for the development squad?

Yeah they tried to convince Livingston fans he was a world beater forgetting one important detail. We have eyes

on Knox I have noticed he hasn’t been a regular at east fife and has played maybe only half the games since been there. He was tipped for all the big clubs in the uk but seems to be struggling 

Edited by Livilion28

You're obsessed with Byrne, and also about him moving to Falkirk.

If they move it should be to an SPFL Premiership side, not another Championship side. Doubt Pittman would move to Falkirk anyway but read Partick Th were interested in him, then again they might be in the Championship next season too. 

Cadden and Mullin were supposedly offered extended contracts with both running out before the play offs start, not seen anything about them signing them though.

11 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Pittman and Byrne been mentioned a bit on Falkirk thread. Do you think that would be a good move for them or do you think with us finishing 2nd both would be better staying at us.

on Knox I have noticed he hasn’t been a regular at east fife and has played maybe only half the games since been there. He was tipped for all the big clubs in the uk but seems to be struggling 

Why on earth would you ask that question particularly at this time of the season with the play-off's coming up?

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cadden and Mullin were supposedly offered extended contracts with both running out before the play offs start, not seen anything about them signing them though.

Callum Carson said they have extended their deals until the end of the playoffs. 

Stupid question. 

Fwiw I was told that Pitts is very happy at the club, has bought a house in the area and is expecting his first child and is looking for stability which we can offer him.

Byrne is as dedicated a player as I’ve ever seen at the club, he’s been through a fairly tough time and the club stood by him, I think he will stick by the club. 

Lets just enjoy the rest of the season and the playoff games and see what happens after that.