Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, dafcburty said:

I spoke with your midfielder Shaun Byrne last week. He spoke very highly of the club, the players and the coaching staff. 

I have know Shaun for a long time now as I was at school with him and his brother and he is a great lad that has always had good ability. 

I'm delighted to see him do so well and kick on in his career. I hope you both have a successful end to the season, barring when yous come up against the Pars of course!

Article can be found, here.

I enjoyed reading that, good work.

50 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ryan Hardie called up to the Scotland U21 squad for their game on the 23rd March, that'll be the QoS away game he'll miss.

Thompson's been called up for the NI U21 squad too but reckon we could manage without both of them, which says a lot about the squad and management we have. 

Edited by LiviLion

48 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

That'll do me, means that we can postpone our game against Falkirk. 

Morgan, Magennis and Liam Smith on international duties...

Did St Mirren and Falkirk not agree to play on that date instead of the Tuesday night fixtures ? Would’ve thought if anyone was thinking at all that it wouldn’t be the best idea. 

Dont think it really matters, the league is yours, not really getting the pessimism from Saints fans at all, you’d need to lose 4 of the last 9 games and us to win all of them to get near you, given you’ve only lost 5 all season I don’t think that’s going to happen. 

Yeah up in the dock, sensationalism shocker from the DR.

Not seeing what the fuss is myself, the young lad is playing football with his school mates and going training with a county team a few hours before he's meant to be playing for Livi and has been told he'll not be getting a  game because he'll not be at his best, and his parents aren't pleased about it. Doesn't seem very committed to trying to be a football player if he's wanting to fanny about playing for a school or county team. 

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Didn't see the OS twitter earlier saying Hoppy was on talkSPORT, anyone know if there is a podcast of it, and if there is could you put it up, cheers.  

https://talksport.com/football/scottish-football-show-ally-mccoist-and-gordon-strachan-podcast-180323276562

Bit of a nightmare to navigate through, but you want to drag the grey bar at the bottom of the video until the timer at the right hand side is at roughly 34 minutes.

Many thanks, particularly on giving the time to go to so I didn't have to endure an hour or so of McCoist and Strachan talking pish. Although I did listen to them for a minute after Hoppy to hear what they thought about the job he was doing and agreed with Strachan on the passing game folk get obsessed with, saying it is no use passing the ball about all day if it doesn't go anywhere. Finally a pundit isn't sucked into the John Hughes footballing philosophy of playing it out from the back tippy tappy going nowhere pish thinking that is how football should be played.