Livingston - all the threads merged

Livi boss David Hopkin said he was “delighted” to have secured the youngster’s services, adding: “Adam is a attacking player who gives us some options and cover for the games ahead.

“We are coming into a busy period of games that are going to be massive for everyone at the club.

“I think Adam can help us through this period and he brings Premiership experience with him. He is an explosive player, and can play anywhere across the midfield or up front.

“Hopefully his style of play will excite the fans and get them off their seats.”

The speedy playmaker, capped by Scotland at Under-16 and Under-17 level, has made 21 appearances for the Rugby Park side in all competitions this season, and has contributed two goals.

Hopkin added: “He is a exciting young prospect who I’m sure can push us on again, and he gives us more options up top and midfield. “I would like to thank all at the club and Steve Clarke for getting this deal over the line.”

(Scotsman)

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Look after Frizz guys, he's a very good player who has an eye for a pass as well as a cracking shot, he isn't scared to shoot from anywhere either.

I think the livi fans will like him.

Will he kick f**k out of everyone in the other team? Rest of the league will be disappointed if not.

Bizarre that we are signing yet another midfielder?
Is he a wide midfielder though? As except De Vita we don't have a decent right midfielder as Mullin is pure gash just now.
Would have thought we would have got another CB on loan for the rest of the season.

Bizarre that we are signing yet another midfielder?
Is he a wide midfielder though? As except De Vita we don't have a decent right midfielder as Mullin is pure gash just now.
Would have thought we would have got another CB on loan for the rest of the season.

Sounds like he can play centrally and out wide, if he provides a good option rotating with the central three and the wingers he’ll be an upgrade on Boyd.

Where is he gonna play? I wouldn’t change our regular midfield 2 of pitts and Byrne. Unless he’s been brought in to play beside them. Where does that leave keaghan or Jordan Thompson or even Robinson? Seen him play before and he isn’t going to play as a wing back. Maybe upfront behind the striker?

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

Where is he gonna play? I wouldn’t change our regular midfield 2 of pitts and Byrne. Unless he’s been brought in to play beside them. Where does that leave keaghan or Jordan Thompson or even Robinson? Seen him play before and he isn’t going to play as a wing back. Maybe upfront behind the striker?

He'll probably fit in Penrice's old spot, we've missed him on that side since he went back. He seems like the player Hoppy wants Cadden to be for us, tricky and running at his man with pace + can hit a shot from distance. We're missing that kind of explosive winger who can beat his man and make something from nothing. It's one of the reasons St Mirren have been so successful with Morgan this year. How many games has he won this season for them? Certainly stepped up when they went down to 10 men against us at the start of the season and destroyed Jacko for 2-1 + 3-1.

Hopkin knows what he's doing, I think by now we owe it to him to just trust him and see what happens

29 minutes ago, Afro said:

Sounds like he can play centrally and out wide, if he provides a good option rotating with the central three and the wingers he’ll be an upgrade on Boyd.

24 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I agree with Afro here, Boyd has come with a rep of scoring outlandish goals but has done absolutely nothing for us, Frizzel seems to be the same type of player so hopefully he'll fulfill that role.

I agree with Afro here, Boyd has come with a rep of scoring outlandish goals but has done absolutely nothing for us, Frizzel seems to be the same type of player so hopefully he'll fulfill that role.

Agreed, I certainly don’t think he’ll walk into the team but if he can provide more energy in the midfield as games go on, it’ll be a successful signing. Plus, we’ve not exactly scored many goals from outside the box this season as I recall, so having that capability could prove quite handy come May.

I reckon it's probably a scenario of ensuring we can change up our midfield if we end up in the playoffs which lets face it is surely likely by now!
I'd still like to see us getting in at least a young CB just to ensure if we get any further suspensions during that time that we are covered.
Lithgow has been playing pretty dirty the last few he's featured in, perhaps however it was a case for Halkett and Lithgow to get bookings to be suspended against Dumbarton?

Don't think so, his booking against Morton was a joke by a dreadful referee, out of our 3 CB's i'd say Gallagher has been mixing it more than Halkett or Lithgow, and but for Halkett getting a hold of him could've gotten into trouble a few times. Some of our recent bookings have been very soft. Needed Halkett and Lithgow to hit their suspension anyway though, so they go into the play offs clear of the suspension limit.

Buchanan is an excellent back up for our defence too, we'd have to be hell of unlucky to get 2 CB's suspended or injured between now and the play offs.

44 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

if we end up in the playoffs which lets face it is surely likely by now!

Yeah, I think we're probably there now. We still have Brechin at home which should be a given and that would take us up to 58. I would be surprised if both Morton and Dunfermline pick up 12 points from their last 5 games and we pick up no more. 

For 2nd, I think 9 more points will get us there but it could well be less. 

Maximum points

Dundee United - 67

Morton - 62

Dunfermline - 61

Inverness - 59

Falkirk - 58

QOTS - 57

A win on Tuesday would effectively guarantee us 6th based on the GD advantage to Falkirk. We just need to keep playing as well as we have been and we will very quickly ensure we are in the playoffs.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Callum Carson @CallumCarson34
Follow Follow @CallumCarson34
More

Lee Miller says his move to Livi has given him a new lease of life. Says while at Falkirk they thought Livi were just a long ball team but now says "they are so much more than that."

Aye their players listened too much to the pish their managers told them when playing us. 

Clearly finishing 2nd will be massive for what players we are able to keep but it will also allow us to get better replacements for the ones who go.

£450k is an insane amount of money when our budget is apparently £300k at present. 

Keaghan Jacobs’ contract extended for next season after his appearance on Saturday - great news, and richly deserved. I hope his testimonial game involves some decent opposition, and draws some semblance of a good crowd to it.

Hopefully the first of many to be confirmed for next year.

12 minutes ago, Afro said:

Keaghan Jacobs’ contract extended for next season after his appearance on Saturday - great news, and richly deserved. I hope his testimonial game involves some decent opposition, and draws some semblance of a good crowd to it.

Hopefully the first of many to be confirmed for next year.

I like him as a player if it's who I'm thinking off (Bearded bloke from the first game of the season?) good player.