Livingston - all the threads merged

Couldn’t begrudge any of the players a move to a higher level, without delving into cliches there’s nothing to say we couldn’t put in a shitter of a season next year and leave their stock in tatters. No doubt in my mind that Pittman, Byrne and Halkett in particular could all move up a level, my first preference would be for them to stay but signing a new contract soon and getting a fee for them if they want to test themselves would be a great alternative. If we were to do the unthinkable this season, though...

Yep, Jack Hamilton looks a better prospect than Knox, and is actually making an impression at the teams he's been on loan to. I think we're going to regret not taking Sevco's offer for him, we should get on the phone to them right now and offer them a straight swap, Knox for Ryan Hardie. 

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, Jack Hamilton looks a better prospect than Knox, and is actually making an impression at the teams he's been on loan to. I think we're going to regret not taking Sevco's offer for him, we should get on the phone to them right now and offer them a straight swap, Knox for Ryan Hardie. 

That would be a cracking bit of business... and then I woke up :(

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Even better would be getting Hardie at the end of his contract for nothing and getting a fee for Knox. That would include Rangers not offering Hardie an extension, and him actually picking us over the other clubs who will no doubt be after him. But the way this season is going nothing should really be able to surprise me.

Edited by LiviLion

Judging by what Sevco did with Charlie Telfer I wouldn't count on it. 

Even though he wasn't being paid the suggestion is that they got wind of the fact that Dundee United were interested so offered him a contract which ensured that they would get a fee - set by a tribunal at £200k I believe.

Was thinking of this earlier , if our main players leave this summer where do you think they will go what kind of level? Halkett Pittman Byrne have been our 3 main players along with Lithgow I would say this season. What level do you think these boys can play at? I think Hoppy will be attracting interest from other clubs along with a few of our players 

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I really don't know how players departing can be what you are thinking about after last night's game.

I'm relatively sure it's him that keeps bringing up Pittman to Falkirk as well. Questionable motives/mindset for an actual Livi fan surely

Just popping in to say well done on the great season you're having.
I've always had a lot of time for Livingston. The amount of pure seethe you guys used to cause (maybe still do?) in opposition fans was glorious. In some ways, reminded me a lot of ourselves.
Anyway, good luck for the rest of the campaign.

We still cause seethe but these days it's completely unjustified. The last 2 years, the club has been run "properly".
Saving at least 1k per month in wages since the January transfer window despite bringing in more players. Crazy good vibes at Almondvale these days. What a couple of years to support the club and things are going well.
Really think we are gonna get found out next season but with Hoppy hopefully still at the helm, even losing most of our squad from this season, he will assemble a decent squad to at least finish mid table.

Was flicking through Halkett's wiki checking how many appearances he's made for us and found this gem.

"In January 2016, Halkett was released by Rangers and joined then Scottish Championship side Livingston.[5] He scored his first professional goal against Rangers in a 1–0 win for Livingston on 26 April 2016."

You have to love it [emoji3] Sweet justice. Here's hoping he signs up for another season so that we can somehow keep dreaming he'll be here forever
Lewis Morgans first senior goal was against those fuckers too [emoji23][emoji23]

Comes across more like you're desperate to see them go to another team Livilion28. I mean who wants to talk about where all our best players might move to when we're in the middle of a season where we'll most likely be in the play offs and a chance to get promoted through them, just enjoy the moment mate. We'll worry about who's going where when or if it happens.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Just popping in to say well done on the great season you're having.

I've always had a lot of time for Livingston. The amount of pure seethe you guys used to cause (maybe still do?) in opposition fans was glorious. In some ways, reminded me a lot of ourselves.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the campaign.

Equally I have a lot of time for the Hackies. We are two similar clubs in a number of ways, with exception of financial management (prior to the phishing). 

Lots of strange memories associated with Hamilton - You bringing a massive away support to Almondvale in the Offiong/Mensing days, Stevie May schooling us with a hat-trick there too and releasing Tony Andreu before you solid him on two seasons later for £1 million. I think it was also after a rubbish away defeat to Hamilton where Lexi Collector and I got smashed on Dece Bombs on the train back to Edinburgh. Lexi blacked out.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Very impressed with livi as well- they were far better than us in the cup and they have looked good in their games on bbc Alba too

they have got a great bunch of players - playing for the jersey and a great manager- basically they are the opposite of everything going on the pitch at Partick Thistle these days

the players are all playing for each other and for the full game- the opposite of what’s going on at Firhill 

they also have a manager who is not tactically naive and knows how to beat the opposition 

if archie leaves then my first choice as replacement would be David Hopkins