Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Is Keaghan Jacobs injured? Very disappointing he can't make the 18, if not.

He is injured, not entirely sure what’s wrong mind you. 

Shows the strength we have that he’s sitting in the stand at the moment and our bench is still as strong as it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was flicking through Halkett's wiki checking how many appearances he's made for us and found this gem.

"In January 2016, Halkett was released by Rangers and joined then Scottish Championship side Livingston.[5] He scored his first professional goal against Rangers in a 1–0 win for Livingston on 26 April 2016."

You have to love it :D Sweet justice. Here's hoping he signs up for another season so that we can somehow keep dreaming he'll be here forever

Just now, LogieLivi said:

James Penrice signed a 2 year contract extension with Partick :'(

Wonder if we'll be able to get him on loan again next season then, mon Thistle dinny give him a game so he comes back to us. :thumsup2

Would be great if we get our core group of players signed up again for next season, along with Hoppy remaining with us for a wee bit longer too. Weird feeling worrying about losing our manager, after all the years we've punted them at the rate of 2 a season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Would be amazing if we could get the likes of Halkett, Lithgow, Alexander, Pittman, Byrne, Mullin and Jacobs all signed up. Almost inevitable at this point that some will choose not to renew and head on to better things, and rightfully so, but keeping on a good core of this group of players would make it a bit easier to deal with.

Never any chance we were signing Penrice beyond his original loan, a very talented player and a stick-on to be a mainstay in a Partick side that are struggling. Who knows, we might yet see him at Almondvale again this season in yellow (and red)...

3afbac88-a2d8-4fe1-80f2-375beec2a3aa.jpg

Hi guys

Posting this on behalf of my missus. Her pal is selling this to raise funds for the school she teaches at. If anyone interested let me know and I can give you her details.

Cheers and hope Livi make the playoffs. Great season so far.

2 hours ago, RabG1869 said:

3afbac88-a2d8-4fe1-80f2-375beec2a3aa.jpg

Hi guys

Posting this on behalf of my missus. Her pal is selling this to raise funds for the school she teaches at. If anyone interested let me know and I can give you her details.

Cheers and hope Livi make the playoffs. Great season so far.

That from last season?

Hardie is prob going to get another contract at Sevco if he keeps scoring goals every game, hoping they just let him go and we sign him though, that would set us up nicely for next season.

Meant to be in talks with players to extend their contracts just now, so should hear who is signing back up over the next couple of weeks. Only really worried about Halkett, Byrne and Pittman, as I reckon the rest will sign up again soon.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

43 minutes ago, Trump said:

Cracking win yesterday for you lot, seem to be looking after Big Sexy Lee Miller well. Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but out of your current squad, how likely are your key players (or starting 11) likely to stay on for next season?

Think we've all pretty much accepted we're losing a couple (if not all) of Halkett, Byrne, Pittman and Mullin, but we've opened talks so hopefully can keep them on if the prospect of playing in the top flight with us can tempt them.

From our squad yesterday,  I'm sure we have Gallagher, McMillan, Miller and Jacobs signed up for next season. Alexander has said he thinks he has another year in him. 

Still leaves us with Lithgow, Halkett, Byrne, Pittman, Mullin, De Vita and Cadden who I hope we could get signed. Buchanan is also only contracted until the end of this season but he's only played a couple times so not sure yet if he's one we'll be desperate to keep. Longridge has become more of a backup so wouldn't be surprised if he was away, especially if we were to do the unthinkable and go up. If we could somehow manage to get Hardie for next season then I'll be very happy.

Saying all that, I think one of the most important things we can do is get Hopkin's contract extended and hold onto him, which isn't something I thought I'd be saying when I was a seething mess at the news he got the job.

Edited by LiviLion

Mullin isn't looking very happy in the dugout yesterday, and Maley looks like he's dozed off.:lol:

js143810.jpg

A couple of games ago I was worried about Mullin leaving us, since then Cadden's came on to his game and Mullin can't get a game. Would still like Mullin to sign back up but if not then it isn't bothering me as much now.

I think Gallagher and Lithgow will sign an extension, Dec could've left before now but keeps sticking around, so seems settled, Lithgow has baggage and is perhaps in his prime footballing wise, the former is prob why he'll stay with us, he has got a 2nd chance at Livi and has had the season of his life with us, so I hope he signs up for more. Buchanan looks a good player, might depend on Halkett's decision on what he does though, he'd get regular games if Craig left. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Mullin needs to get himself back into the team before thinking about moving on next season , he hasn’t featured regularly since around Christmas. Pittman Halkett and Byrne are the players I think will move on in summer and they all deserve it but hopefully they stay with us. 

Mullin isn't looking very happy in the dugout yesterday, and Maley looks like he's dozed off.[emoji38]

js143810.jpg

A couple of games ago I was worried about Mullin leaving us, since then Cadden's came on to his game and Mullin can't get a game. Would still like Mullin to sign back up but if not then it isn't bothering me as much now.

I think Gallagher and Lithgow will sign an extension, Dec could've left before now but keeps sticking around, so seems settled, Lithgow has baggage and is perhaps in his prime footballing wise, the former is prob why he'll stay with us, he has got a 2nd chance at Livi and has had the season of his life with us, so I hope he signs up for more. Buchanan looks a good player, might depend on Halkett's decision on what he does though, he'd get regular games if Craig left. 

We don't need to worry about Decs signing an extension as he signed a 2 year deal at the end of last season....

35 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Mullin needs to get himself back into the team before thinking about moving on next season , he hasn’t featured regularly since around Christmas. Pittman Halkett and Byrne are the players I think will move on in summer and they all deserve it but hopefully they stay with us. 

Im not convinced, I recon Shaun Byrne is enjoying it here and would be very open to an extended contract, same goes for Pittman. 

Halkett is a different story, I think although he’s enjoying it here he’ll be inundated with offers and will have a big decision to make. 

Only way we are possibly keeping him is if we do the unthinkable and win promotion, but even then I think we may be struggling. 

Josh Mullin too, I think if there’s an offer on the table he will think seriously about signing it, the team just now are so close and I think that gives us a chance of keeping these players. 

Ofcourse I wouldnt grudge any of them moving but I’d love to keep these guys here a bit longer and maybe do something special, I get the feeling a lot of these players are also buying into that. 

Edited by andylivi1

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Im not convinced, I recon Shaun Byrne is enjoying it here and would be very open to an extended contract, same goes for Pittman. 

Halkett is a different story, I think although he’s enjoying it here he’ll be inundated with offers and will have a big decision to make. 

Only way we are possibly keeping him is if we do the unthinkable and win promotion, but even then I think we may be struggling. 

Josh Mullin too, I think if there’s an offer on the table he will think seriously about signing it, the team just now are so close and I think that gives us a chance of keeping these players. 

Ofcourse I wouldnt grudge any of them moving but I’d love to keep these guys here a bit longer and maybe do something special, I get the feeling a lot of these players are also buying into that. 

Got to agree with you mate but i reckon these 3 players will have other offers a lot better than what Livingston have to offer it may be hard to turn down.