Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I’ve seen Knox a fair few times for the reserves and I’m sad to say he’s not standing out at that level, I’ve no doubt he has potential but if he’s not doing it in the reserves he doesn’t deserve to be playing in the first team. 

We got 25k for Danny Mullen, considering he would’ve gone for nothing is a brilliant bit of business. 

He's scored a few goals in the Development team I think, used to see his name coming up on the OS twitter, i'll take your word for it that he hasn't been setting the heather on fire for them though. My point was if he's been getting so much hype since he was 15 and played in a game for us as our youngest player ever in a first team game then it is about time he got regular start now he's 18. Snoddy played against Sevco when he was 16 in the SPL. And if we're biting folks hands off when Mullen was sold then I can't for the life of me see why Knox isn't being sold, he isn't anywhere near the player Mullen is and isn't going to make any difference to our first team squad selling him.

The figure Sevco offered was far more than the one we've just got for Mullen too but we knocked it back, i'm mystified as to why.

My thinking was well if we're not selling him then play him, and if we're not playing him it suggests Hoppy doesn't think he's ready/good enough, the latter seems more likely now he's 18 and still not getting regular games, so if he's not good enough WTF aren't we biting folks hands off when we're offered a decent amount of money for him. 2,3 or 4 times than we've just taken for Mullen.

It’s fairly obvious we had to get shot of 2 or 3 before we brought anyone in, we’ve let Mullen, Carrick, Brown and Peters go and brought in Buchanan, Thomson and Boyd, two on loan so probably room for two more Id think. 

I’d like to think we have players lined up as replacements. 

Knox has done absolutely nothing in a Livi shirt and seems to spend his entire career training with other clubs. He'll get found out at a bjgger club. Will remember him for coming on against Dumbarton and missing a penalty which he took to get his name out there. Not wanted here. Goodbye.

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s fairly obvious we had to get shot of 2 or 3 before we brought anyone in, we’ve let Mullen, Carrick, Brown and Peters go and brought in Buchanan, Thomson and Boyd, two on loan so probably room for two more Id think. 

I’d like to think we have players lined up as replacements. 

Our statement finishes with Hopkin saying letting these two go "allows me to focus on bringing in a few players we have been tracking for months", so I'd expect at least one in soon.

My point being that we can't get anymore Scottish loans unless they are development loans. So 17/18 year olds.
We need experienced players in now.

I doubt any of the Sunderland first team would come here, and Knox isn’t that much of a catch that Sunderland are going to subsidise all the wages in a loan deal. The alternative is getting someone from their U23 side, and 9 times out of 10 these players are glorified sprinters with a horrendous touch.

Agree we need experienced players, though, an experienced striker and our prospects for the second half of the season look a whole lot brighter.

I doubt any of the Sunderland first team would come here, and Knox isn’t that much of a catch that Sunderland are going to subsidise all the wages in a loan deal. The alternative is getting someone from their U23 side, and 9 times out of 10 these players are glorified sprinters with a horrendous touch.

Agree we need experienced players, though, an experienced striker and our prospects for the second half of the season look a whole lot brighter.

Haha I didn't mean any of their first team players!
I was referring to an u23 or equivelant player.
Hoppys contacts at Palace might also be worth a punt. They have some decent young strikers there I am aware. Palace are my English team.

Shame about Brown, he is no doubt a decent player and would've done a job for us but injuries have knackered him this season and he's hardly had a game. Good signing for Airdrie if he can stay injury free, a bit like Carrick really.

Looking forward to seeing who Hoppy is bringing in, or at least trying to, hopefully nobody else will jump in before we can get them.

Just now, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Knox has done absolutely nothing in a Livi shirt and seems to spend his entire career training with other clubs. He'll get found out at a bjgger club. Will remember him for coming on against Dumbarton and missing a penalty which he took to get his name out there. Not wanted here. Goodbye.

That penalty miss has really upset you.:lol:

Anyone can miss a pen, Mullen missed his last 3 for us, and the last miss cost us 2 points, at least Knox's made no difference to the outcome of the game. I think even Buchanan missed a couple, that's how Mullen took one again after his horrendous miss against Albion Rovers that is prob still running down a hill somewhere in Coatbridge.

Agree with you that he's done nothing in a Livi shirt though, and wont be missed.

Guest Back Post Misses

We must have got the one out of ten then. Nelson has a great touch