Livingston - all the threads merged

Indeed, barring youth players he is, it was one of the reasons we signed him. Where are you going to get a striker for that price anywhere ? 
Our top earners are on around the £600pw mark. 
Put it this way, I’m told that one individual at QoS, I’m sure you can guess who is on more than 4 of our top earners.

Aye, that's fair enough, I just assumed from your initial post that you thought 250 was the going rate at Livi, I never realised Mackin was on such a peanuts deal.

FWIW I thought he was excellent against us in the 4-1 game. We had an off day for sure but he caused us all sorts of problems at the back. I was watching him and thinking that's exactly what we could be doing with, and I never really rated the guy previously.

15 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

All looks too long and complicated, will take your word for it :lol:

Standard & Emergency Loans = 5 in total over the season and max of 4 at one time. Only 1 at a time and 2 in total can be born before 1st Jan 1994.

Development Loans = 4 at any one time.

Foreign Loans dont count against quota limits. Technically a temporary release rather than a loan.

You could therefore in theory have 8 domestic loans at a time.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Standard & Emergency Loans = 5 in total over the season and max of 4 at one time. Only 1 at a time and 2 in total can be born before 1st Jan 1994.
Foreign Loans dont count against quota limits. Technically a temporary release rather than a loan.
How many are you allowed from one club at the same time? St. Mirren currently have 2 from Celtic.

52 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How many are you allowed from one club at the same time? St. Mirren currently have 2 from Celtic.

If you dont share a division then 2 std or emergency loans + 1 Development from one club. If you do share a division then only 1 std or emergency + 1 development.

We have had two on loan from St Johnstone all season up to this week (1 std, 1 dev).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Feels like the speculation linking him with a move has went on for longer than Knox has actually been alive, personally I reckon there is a good player in there but he must have one hell of an agent - not seen much to suggest he’ll do anything above this level. Good luck to the lad, hopefully we get a good fee.

If we can get 100k and a sell on clause it would be the best business we’ve done in a long time because I just dont see how he’s getting hyped up so much, good luck to the lad, I hope he proves me and others wrong and turns into a top player. 

With prize money and players sold we’d have made over 200k already this season before any prize money for league finishes.

I’d use some of that to offer contracts to existing players, I’d also be very tempted to use a small proportion of that to try and bring in a striker, if we make the playoffs 4th place is worth around 270k in prize money, over 300k if we finish 3rd, a striker may be the last part of the puzzle that could take us there, add in an extra game at home with a decent crowd think the risk may be worth the reward.

I've wanted Knox to be as good as the hype but I've never really seen it. I've said for a while now that we should be looking to cash in on the hype and put a nice wee sell on clause. It would free up a wage (probably not a huge amount though) and give us a nice cash injection which might allow us to bring in the striker we need 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They all sound like your typical Daily Mail readers.  Teed in particular seems to have a problem with Scottish people. 

The irony is that Knox doesn't really fit in with our Hard Brexit brand of football, and now he's off to a club from Brexit central. Madness.

Looking back, we should have took the £200/300k that was being banded around for him. The latter would've been daylight robbery on our part.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

The irony is that Knox doesn't really fit in with our Hard Brexit brand of football, and now he's off to a club from Brexit central. Madness.

Looking back, we should have took the £200/300k that was being banded around for him. The latter would've been daylight robbery on our part.

As far as I know the most Sevco ever offered was around £50k. Hype or no hype if we'd been offered six figures I'd expect the board to have bitten hands off.

Sell-on clauses are often only worth anything in the current length of contract hence if he only gets a one year offer and doesn't move during that time we wont get anything. Not sure where we would stand with regard to development fee though; that would probably go as well but its worth hoping.

Problem was we never got to see Knox playing in enough games to see just how good he was, he was kept under wraps too much, I saw a brief glimmer of talent against Partick Thistle in the Betfred cup game but then he hardly got a game again. He's at an age now where he should be getting first team games for us, we've had othere talented players playing long before they were 18. It may have been a brilliant bit of salesmanship on Livi's part though if he isn't that talented and we're going to get a bite at last and make over a 100K from selling him. Plus side is he's not played enough for us to miss him, so it wont affect us in the slightest playing wise.

If we're selling Danny Mullen for 10K or so then no matter what offer we get for Knox you'd think we'd take it.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Problem was we never got to see Knox playing in enough games to see just how good he was, he was kept under wraps too much, I saw a brief glimmer of talent against Partick Thistle in the Betfred cup game but then he hardly got a game again. He's at an age now where he should be getting first team games for us, we've had othere talented players playing long before they were 18. It may have been a brilliant bit of salesmanship on Livi's part though if he isn't that talented and we're going to get a bite at last and make over a 100K from selling him. Plus side is he's not played enough for us to miss him, so it wont affect us in the slightest playing wise.

If we're selling Danny Mullen for 10K or so then no matter what offer we get for Knox you'd think we'd take it.

I’ve seen Knox a fair few times for the reserves and I’m sad to say he’s not standing out at that level, I’ve no doubt he has potential but if he’s not doing it in the reserves he doesn’t deserve to be playing in the first team. 

We got 25k for Danny Mullen, considering he would’ve gone for nothing is a brilliant bit of business. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I’ve seen Knox a fair few times for the reserves and I’m sad to say he’s not standing out at that level, I’ve no doubt he has potential but if he’s not doing it in the reserves he doesn’t deserve to be playing in the first team. 

We got 25k for Danny Mullen, considering he would’ve gone for nothing is a brilliant bit of business. 

He's scored a few goals in the Development team I think, used to see his name coming up on the OS twitter, i'll take your word for it that he hasn't been setting the heather on fire for them though. My point was if he's been getting so much hype since he was 15 and played in a game for us as our youngest player ever in a first team game then it is about time he got regular start now he's 18. Snoddy played against Sevco when he was 16 in the SPL. And if we're biting folks hands off when Mullen was sold then I can't for the life of me see why Knox isn't being sold, he isn't anywhere near the player Mullen is and isn't going to make any difference to our first team squad selling him.

The figure Sevco offered was far more than the one we've just got for Mullen too but we knocked it back, i'm mystified as to why.

My thinking was well if we're not selling him then play him, and if we're not playing him it suggests Hoppy doesn't think he's ready/good enough, the latter seems more likely now he's 18 and still not getting regular games, so if he's not good enough WTF aren't we biting folks hands off when we're offered a decent amount of money for him. 2,3 or 4 times than we've just taken for Mullen.

It’s fairly obvious we had to get shot of 2 or 3 before we brought anyone in, we’ve let Mullen, Carrick, Brown and Peters go and brought in Buchanan, Thomson and Boyd, two on loan so probably room for two more Id think. 

I’d like to think we have players lined up as replacements.