Livingston - all the threads merged

25 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Lets see if we can get Derek Riordan in the same deal.

If you're interested in a 2nd division forward wouldn't it be best to go for Mark McGuigan, compared to Goodwillie's one goal every 135 minutes, McGuigan's one goal every 75 minutes looks a lot more impressive.

Oh and yes; I'm sure we're going to be willing to pay out on a transfer fee.

It probably wont be a huge fee, we're likely to lose some players in January - Mullen/Halkett/Mullin/Pittman. We had a good run in the cup which generated a fair bit so there's been a fair bit of cash coming in and could still be

I don't think we'll lose a lot in January, more likely we'll lose them when their contracts are up. It's a bit pointless for clubs to spend money on a player they can get for nothing just a few months later, unless they need to save their season.

Think the likes of Brown/Robinson might be let go though. Quick look and Josh Peters has got 2 goals for Forfar in his 9 games, looks like he's been used as a sub the last few weeks though so maybe not ready to come back in January and do the business for us.

Just now, LiviLion said:

I don't think we'll lose a lot in January, more likely we'll lose them when their contracts are up. It's a bit pointless for clubs to spend money on a player they can get for nothing just a few months later, unless they need to save their season.

Think the likes of Brown/Robinson might be let go though. Quick look and Josh Peters has got 2 goals for Forfar in his 9 games, looks like he's been used as a sub the last few weeks though so maybe not ready to come back in January and do the business for us.

Don't really understand why Robinson's not getting a game actually; he seems to find the goal fairly regularly for a midfielder. Brown's been injured so its a bit difficult to tell whether he's worth staying or not; irrespective though both are under contract so would be entitled to compensation unless by mutual consent. The big chance of a loss in January will undoubtedly be Halkett and unfortunately he's the one that will be most difficult to replace.

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't really understand why Robinson's not getting a game actually; he seems to find the goal fairly regularly for a midfielder. Brown's been injured so its a bit difficult to tell whether he's worth staying or not; irrespective though both are under contract so would be entitled to compensation unless by mutual consent. The big chance of a loss in January will undoubtedly be Halkett and unfortunately he's the one that will be most difficult to replace.

Robinson has been injured lately as well, that's why he's been missing.

I think we should give De Vita a shot partnering Danny up front for some games. He's got a touch of class about him and can hit a shot from outside the box which we sometimes lack

16 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Robinson has been injured lately as well, that's why he's been missing.

I think we should give De Vita a shot partnering Danny up front for some games. He's got a touch of class about him and can hit a shot from outside the box which we sometimes lack

Yeah i suggested De Vita up front a couple of weeks ago, think it was when Mullen was suspended. Cadden also like to have a shot from outside the box and has looked good in the 2 games before going off with his shoulder injury, wonder if he'll get another go of it now he's back again.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah i suggested De Vita up front a couple of weeks ago, think it was when Mullen was suspended. Cadden also like to have a shot from outside the box and has looked good in the 2 games before going off with his shoulder injury, wonder if he'll get another go of it now he's back again.

Hopefully, would bring a whole new direct aspect to our front line. Kind of players that can run at someone like Danny does (but without falling over when he's near the box)

David Goodwillie? No thanks, don't need the baggage that comes with him and he's under contract at Clyde anyway. Regardless of whether we made money from the League Cup, I'd much rather that was invested in keeping guys like Halkett, Pittman and Byrne here a bit longer.

Would echo the calls for De Vita up front. Certainly if Danny is out again then he would make an excellent partner for Todorov I think.

Whats the thoughts on this saturdays cup game with glens ?
Comfortable win expected ? Will you guy's rest some players ?
Must admit the £20 entry has left me with a second morgage [emoji16]. Usually £6 in the jnr's but cant really complain, prob the biggest game in our history.
Hope its a good game and we dont get a pumping [emoji106]

6 hours ago, Stillseekfedup said:

Whats the thoughts on this saturdays cup game with glens ?
Comfortable win expected ? Will you guy's rest some players ?
Must admit the £20 entry has left me with a second morgage emoji16.png. Usually £6 in the jnr's but cant really complain, prob the biggest game in our history.
Hope its a good game and we dont get a pumping emoji106.png

Don't see Hopkin resting players, it'll be 3 weeks between our last league game and QoS next Saturday, so he'll want the first 11 getting a run out here to keep them from losing match fitness/sharpness. Usuallt takes cup games seriously no matter which comp we're in or who the opposition is.

Have no clue what to expect from Glenafton but i'd expect Livi to go into this showing them respect and going about our business professionally.  Pittman came to Livi from the Juniors too so he'll know what to expect.

Who would you let go in January if possible? To free up wages for a replacement

I'd let go of Carrick and Longridge - really don't see what they bring to the team. Would rather have Rafa, Knox or Cadden up front over Carrick from those who don't start already (Toddy/Mackin/Mullen)

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Who would you let go in January if possible? To free up wages for a replacement

I'd let go of Carrick and Longridge - really don't see what they bring to the team. Would rather have Rafa, Knox or Cadden up front over Carrick from those who don't start already (Toddy/Mackin/Mullen)

Carrick and Longridge are both under contract aren't they; letting them go would entitle them to compensation. Pretty sure we cant afford to let them go.

Also without Carrick we currently have no replacement for Danny Mullen; Mackin and Toderov are too similar to play together. If we got Peters or Ogilvie back from loan then maybe they could provide some cover but I honestly believe Carrick puts in one hell of a shift although, at the moment, he has virtually zero confidence.

30 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

When do you think we should start offering contracts to our main players? January is very close 

I think you mean offering them contract extensions - I imagine the players all have contracts already unless they're all under special Kachloul type amateur status

Carrick is a good player on his day and puts in one he'll of a shift.
Players id see leave are Ross Brown and Matthew Knox. I'm sorry but Knox is not the player everyone seems to think he is. Pretty much a carbon copy of Cadden who does a mazy run and then loses the ball. There's a reason he's not a regular in the league. He just isn't that good.
Fee for Knox and brown simply because he has made a fleeting appearance in the Morton cup game and has disappeared since. Carrick needs a bit of game time and a confidence boost, then he'll be one hell of a player for us in my opinion.
I'd like to see us bring in at least a decent keeper for cover to actually challenge Alexander for the jersey. Maley is not here on merit.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Carrick is a good player on his day and puts in one he'll of a shift.
Players id see leave are Ross Brown and Matthew Knox. I'm sorry but Knox is not the player everyone seems to think he is. Pretty much a carbon copy of Cadden who does a mazy run and then loses the ball. There's a reason he's not a regular in the league. He just isn't that good.
Fee for Knox and brown simply because he has made a fleeting appearance in the Morton cup game and has disappeared since. Carrick needs a bit of game time and a confidence boost, then he'll be one hell of a player for us in my opinion.
I'd like to see us bring in at least a decent keeper for cover to actually challenge Alexander for the jersey. Maley is not here on merit.

Knox has the makings of a really good player and isn't highly rated for no reason,

Brown has been injured all season so I don't see how anyone can comment

I think Brown was EF's PoTY last season so must be a decent player, hopefully he'll have a decent run being injury free to see what he can do with us. Already seen what Robinson can do when he gets a game, he's scored3 goals in about 4 appearances.

Kinda mixed feelings about what to do with Carrick, he's the opposite of Mackin this season, puts in the work but doesn't score any goals, well not enough, scored against St Mirren in our cup win and then got injured but has done very little since, but then again has had little game time to get himself going. Again similar to Mackin, only Mackin still scores whenever he gets a game. Pity we can't take Mackin's goal scoring and mix it with Carrick's work rate.:unsure: