Livingston - all the threads merged

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, hey there. *** Waves to Livi Lion ***

Pretty sure I didnt imagine us leading for a few minutes at Tony Macaroni a few weeks ago. ;)

In my defence I wasn't at that game :lol:

That makes it 65 minutes then. Hopkin out. 

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Blown out the water now anyway after Dunfermline scored and led for almost the whole game. Aye, Hopkin's out.;)

Behind for 65 minutes in 26 games, but 153 in 27 games. That's what happens when you play *player* instead of *very similar player*. Poor management.

Also notice the OS says yesterday was our first league defeat in 2017, if the SPFL are allowing it I'm delighted we got to get the St Mirren result overturned.

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Behind for 65 minutes in 26 games, but 153 in 27 games. That's what happens when you play *player* instead of *very similar player*. Poor management.

Also notice the OS says yesterday was our first league defeat in 2017, if the SPFL are allowing it I'm delighted we got to get the St Mirren result overturned.

Think they meant first defeat away from home in 2017. 

What's the expectations now after the first quarter? Have they risen or is their an expectations the good start may not last the full season?

I spoke with Shaun Byrne about Livi's return to the Championship. 

You can hear it below:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/26/shaun-byrne-livingston-update/

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

See where we are after the next 8 games, if we get another 15 to 18 points then we'll be well on our way to staying up and can then look at the top 4 play offs, still a long way to go though and need to keep up the hard work in every game to get points.

I think 15-18 points is a massive ask this quarter, I'm aiming for 12 and if we get more brilliant. 

10 points would prob be enough to keep us on track for 8th place but I really want us to do better than that and challenge for 4th place. Just to have the excitement of the play offs at the end of the season, after being down the bottom end the last 2 seasons we were in the Championship it would be great to be up the other end for a change.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

10 points would prob be enough to keep us on track for 8th place but I really want us to do better than that and challenge for 4th place. Just to have the excitement of the play offs at the end of the season, after being down the bottom end the last 2 seasons we were in the Championship it would be great to be up the other end for a change.

For sure, I'd be over the moon and we should aim for playoffs but I'd still be happy if we finished 8th

Would be brilliant if we ended up in the play offs. Problem is we would need to keep up the first quarter level of performances, if we have an off day in this league we'll be punished and that showed on Saturday.

If Paul Hartley can sort Falkirk out and Dundee United get someone in to sort them out that's 6 points we got in the first quarter that becomes very difficult to replicate. On the other hand, we should be looking for a win against Brechin that we couldn't manage previously.

No idea where we'll end up in May, but for a change I'm fucking loving it.

For anyone who missed my article with Jason Talbot in Saturday's Official Dunfermline Athletic Match Day Programme then you can find it below. 
https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/24/the-game-has-went-soft-and-i-dont-like-it-jason-talbot-on-modern-day-football/

I went right off Talbot after he needlessly booted Paul McGinn in the chest and got himself sent off against Dumbarton. We’d been winning 1-0, but he ended up costing us the game with his stupidity. He was a decent enough player, but I find it hard to take his “game has went soft” chat seriously. It’s not that I don’t agree with the sentiment, but here it comes across as a justification for the nastier, thuggish elements of his own playing style rather than a genuine critique of the modern game.

I went right off Talbot after he needlessly booted Paul McGinn in the chest and got himself sent off against Dumbarton. We’d been winning 1-0, but he ended up costing us the game with his stupidity. He was a decent enough player, but I find it hard to take his “game has went soft” chat seriously. It’s not that I don’t agree with the sentiment, but here it comes across as a justification for the nastier, thuggish elements of his own playing style rather than a genuine critique of the modern game.

Still remember that challenge - was absolutely ridiculous. Did Talbot not take a Hearts players face off too? Everyone loves a tough tackling player but no need for reckless behaviour like that.

15 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Still remember that challenge - was absolutely ridiculous. Did Talbot not take a Hearts players face off too? Everyone loves a tough tackling player but no need for reckless behaviour like that.

Got the ball tbf.

hqdefault.jpg

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2008 at 08:04, TheDoctor said:

There's a story in the Sun today saying the Italian owners plan to sue Pearse Flynn over debts incurred during his time at Almondvale, with their argument being he should settle them and not them.

Can they do this? I thought if you bought a club, you bought the debt as well.

It's taken long enough but good to finally be free from events like this. Funny to look back and see where we are now, it makes you glad to even still be in a league like this or even still exist given the past we've been through.

Hopefully Hopkin stays and takes us forward, onwards and upwards