Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

If you want to be taken seriously maybe you should buy a dictionary, or use one on line, first.

I personally have no idea on whether Celtic had agreed to pay his wages, or whether there was a reciprocal arrangement, but I doubt we would have taken anyone on board for a position, which we had already suitably covered, if there was a cost involved. If he had been a right back then there may be some justification for it.

m0dyslectic_m_White.jpg

I don't know where the critisicm is coming from for byrne , he has been by far 1 of our best performers over the last year. He had a poor game against st mirren but who didn't that day. He's probably one of our most technically gifted players along with de vita. He would be 1 of first names on team sheet for me. Keaghan byrne and Pittman are pivotal to how our team play. 

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

I don't know where the critisicm is coming from for byrne , he has been by far 1 of our best performers over the last year. He had a poor game against st mirren but who didn't that day. He's probably one of our most technically gifted players along with de vita. He would be 1 of first names on team sheet for me. Keaghan byrne and Pittman are pivotal to how our team play. 

I agree to your post to a certain extent.

To answer your question about the criticism, not sure criticism is the right word.

It was being pointed out that Byrne had a poor game on Sunday and if Thomson was an option he would have been the ideal player to throw in the midfield.

It should be said though, it was not just Byrne, the only player with pass marks from Sunday is Halkett (and Lithgow to an extent before his pen miss). The rest looked like they were out in having a piss up with the fans the night before. 

Having said that, they are a young team, they had a long journey and they have been playing well recently and still held their own and were very unlucky not to be in the next round.

The three players you mentioned are pivotal as you said, and I don't think anyone would disagree. They are brilliant players but as all players do, they will have bad games. It would be good to have an option of the supposed quality of Thomson to use to rotate the squad when necessary, and In my opinion, Sunday was one of those days.

Got to agree , Thomson would have been a good option to have but if he thought he deserved to just walk straight into the team I feel that is poor. He would have been a good player to rotate the team but he must've thought he was going to be playing every game. I love watching our midfield 3 play when they are on their game. Also enjoying watching this team play this season. Held there own in every game so far and could arguably have a few more points 

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

We will. 

Good stuff. The other fella might have the goals up quite quickly, that will be better viewing for Queens fans though, you scored 2 cracking looking goals, ours were a pen and a stramash in the box. Mullin's pen was well taken right enough so will enjoy seeing it again.

Knox 2 & Ogilvie getting the goals in the Livi  3-4 Stirling Albion development game tonight.

Knox hasn't been in the first team squad for a few games now, maybe him getting 2 goals tonight will earn a place on the bench for the ICT game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Knox 2 & Ogilvie getting the goals in the Livi  3-4 Stirling Albion development game tonight.

Knox hasn't been in the first team squad for a few games now, maybe him getting 2 goals tonight will earn a place on the bench for the ICT game.

Thought Ogilvie was out on loan to Pumpeston?

Edited by Durnford

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, the loan players still train with the team through the week though so maybe they can also play in Development games.

U20 players on loan can play for their parent club in the challenge cup so could be the case that he can play for us if Pumpherston don't have a game. 

Edited by LiviLion

17 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

In a development loan scenario the player can play youth games for the parent club they are loaned from. 

That's true, but Development Loans are only possible to a club in the pyramid which Pumpherston are not as far as I am aware? You can't do a Development Loan to a Junior Club. There are some complicated rules with loans to juniors I'm not familiar with though as we don't have any.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's true, but Development Loans are only possible to a club in the pyramid which Pumpherston are not as far as I am aware? You can't do a Development Loan to a Junior Club. There are some complicated rules with loans to juniors I'm not familiar with though as we don't have any.

Wasn't aware of that, complicated rules, SFA, I don't believe it :lol: