Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Heard earlier on my car radio we'd signed a defender on loan from Motherwell, can't remember his name though. Hasn't been announced anywhere yet that I can see so will have to wait to see who it is.

hopefully not another Neill

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Heard earlier on my car radio we'd signed a defender on loan from Motherwell, can't remember his name though. Hasn't been announced anywhere yet that I can see so will have to wait to see who it is.

You have, Jack McMillan. 

Jack McMillan, apparently we've been after him for some time, local lad who can play RB and CB. 

Made quite a few starts for Motherwell last season i think so looks like a decent signing on paper, certainly covers our defensive problems. 

Bit surprised by that, need to hope Hartson's coaching is as good as a new signing. Will be relying on the likes of Pittman and Jacobs pitching in with a few goals then.

Can't complain too much though, we desperately needed cover at the back and we've got it. 

47 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Bit surprised by that, need to hope Hartson's coaching is as good as a new signing. Will be relying on the likes of Pittman and Jacobs pitching in with a few goals then.

Can't complain too much though, we desperately needed cover at the back and we've got it. 

Nine different goal scorers so far this season so plenty goals coming from all over. Mullen is hitting some form in recent games too so maybe he'll get into double figures.

18 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, made a big difference last week against Morton having Keaghan back playing in midfield, ran about all over the pitch breaking up play and was a calming influence too. Funnily enough so did Lithgow in defence. You don't tend to notice Lithgow's efforts in amongst Gallagher and Halkett but when he wasn't playing we conceded 3 goals and weren't our usual solid selves defending high balls into the box.

Would say it was between Keaghan and Dec for MoTM against Morton, both played a blinder.

Yeah I was a bit weary about us playing 3 a the back with Lithgow but he seems to really have taken to that formation and has settled really well so far this season. He will always be outshone by Halkett though, but so would most other CB's in our league.

Unfortunately I missed the Morton game so can't comment, however going by the forums that seems to be the consensus, even from Morton fans. Can't say I am surprised either, both brilliant players.

18 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Wouldn't it be a nice gesture if we left him out of TNS and he broke the record against QoS at home with his brother Kyle presenting him with a memento of the day ? Just a thought. 

Interesting idea actually, would be nice to really be able to mark the occasion.

On a tangent, will be interesting to see what team goes out against TNS, what happened to Knox playing 1st team football this season? Could we see him back in Keaghan's place?

He's basically spat the dummy because he's been told he wasn't going to be starting every week. 

No time for billy big baws in our squad, that's no what this teams been about the last couple of seasons, it's been a close group and we don't want people coming in and disturbing that. 

Shame cos he looked a good addition and he would've got game time. 

15 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

He's basically spat the dummy because he's been told he wasn't going to be starting every week. 

No time for billy big baws in our squad, that's no what this teams been about the last couple of seasons, it's been a close group and we don't want people coming in and disturbing that. 

Shame cos he looked a good addition and he would've got game time. 

Very surprised he isn't a first team starter after watching the Tns game I thought that was where you were weakest. Byrne looked extremely poor and while I think pittman is a tidy player I thought his passing and touch was a little off on the day. Keaghan Jacobs was dire and rightly hooked fairly early on in the second half. 

Edited by Broony88

Just now, Broony88 said:

Very surprised he isn't a first team starter, after watching the Tns game I thought that was where you were weakest. Byrne looked extremely poor and while I think pittman is a tidy player I thought his passing and touch was a little off on the day. Keaghan Jacobs was dire and rightly hooked fairly early on in the second half. 

No one was close to their best yesterday, you'd have thought we've just come off the bus 15 minutes before kick off.

Seemed like he was being eased into the team with 2 starts and a sub appearance, bit weird that he's already decided he's not being/going to be played enough.

13 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

No one was close to their best yesterday, you'd have thought we've just come off the bus 15 minutes before kick off.

Seemed like he was being eased into the team with 2 starts and a sub appearance, bit weird that he's already decided he's not being/going to be played enough.

Sounds like there's more to it to be honest. He wasn't eligible for Sunday I presume, he hasn't exactly been miles out of the picture.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sounds like there's more to it to be honest. He wasn't eligible for Sunday I presume, he hasn't exactly been miles out of the picture.

I thought that but checking the fixtures I see he played in the Morton game which was also Iron Bru cup so assume he was off by then.

He also played in the St Mirren game and was okay not any better than what we had already. The likes of Knox and Robinson have already out-performed him. In my opinion Keaghan Jacobs is already light years ahead.

No doubt given the chance to settle he would have got better and basically the highly recommended status given by Dumbarton and QoS fans would seem to indicate that to be the case but I'm afraid I never saw it and he's evidently not been prepared to hang around (or Celtic insisted that he starts every game or the deals off).

Basically in the time he was with us he was an unused sub in the Brechin City game; started against Morton and St Mirren; then came on as a sub against Morton (again); wasn't in the TNS game so assume he was already away.

34 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story  

What's the truth then ? You clearly know. 

As far as I've been told he's came and demanded to be a regular starter, Hoppy has told him he will need to work hard to get into the first team and he's told him to shove it. 

As I say if you know better please share and I will hold my hands up. 

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I wouldn't disagree there but I'm in the minority I'm afraid

I thought Byrne looked like he was playing with the  boots on the wrong feet at times v TNS. Wouldn't surprise me if has a stormer v queens at the weekend now. 

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I wouldn't disagree there but I'm in the minority I'm afraid

I thought Byrne looked like he was playing with the  boots on the wrong feet at times v TNS. Wouldn't surprise me if has a stormer v queens at the weekend now.