Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Liviguy said:

I want to just can't be arsed getting a ticket before hand like last year 

Yeah the ticket part is a bit of an own goal I think, can see that putting a few people off when it is on the tele in your own house. Was a good night last year though so i'm going to go down to it again for this game. Not often you get to watch Livi on tv and have fellow Livi fans there too, usually any game we would have televised would have one half of the OF in it and if you went to a pub to watch it you'd be heavily outnumbered with their fans all in the boozer. A bit of a novelty really.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah the ticket part is a bit of an own goal I think, can see that putting a few people off when it is on the tele in your own house. Was a good night last year though so i'm going to go down to it again for this game. Not often you get to watch Livi on tv and have fellow Livi fans there too, usually any game we would have televised would have one half of the OF in it and if you went to a pub to watch it you'd be heavily outnumbered with their fans all in the boozer. A bit of a novelty really.

Yeah it's great when we are on the TV no seen it a lot in my lifetime and it's that I live in Armadale and don't drive so it's a bit of a treck

Edited by Liviguy

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Depends on the agreement with the other club.

As a rule of thumb youth players are generally free in order to gain experience. Sometimes though this will come with a clause that the player must appear for a certain number of games in the first team (not just on the bench)

Nowadays out-of-favour first team players normally come with a cost (unless the team are desperate to get rid) but as you say that depends on the agreement.

I imagine we probably need to pay something for Toderov; particularly as this is his second spell with us.

42 minutes ago, Durnford said:

As a rule of thumb youth players are generally free in order to gain experience. Sometimes though this will come with a clause that the player must appear for a certain number of games in the first team (not just on the bench)

Nowadays out-of-favour first team players normally come with a cost (unless the team are desperate to get rid) but as you say that depends on the agreement.

I imagine we probably need to pay something for Toderov; particularly as this is his second spell with us.

Can you let us know where you're getting your free youth players?

I would think the rule of thumb is quite the opposite in that the vast majority of clubs will need to pay something towards their loan players, with only special cases being where the player comes for nothing. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Can you let us know where you're getting your free youth players?

I would think the rule of thumb is quite the opposite in that the vast majority of clubs will need to pay something towards their loan players, with only special cases being where he player comes for nothing. 

Can't see Pumpherston Juniors paying us for our 2 players on loan to them, dunno what Forfar will be paying for having Josh Peters on loan right enough but it will be something towards his wages..

Not sure why the QoS fan is getting in a tiz about us supposedly getting an Aberdeen player on loan, we've already got a Hearts player and a Celtic player on loan, don't think there is a limit of 2 on loan players though.  Not as if we're challenging them for a top 4 spot...................................................yet.;)

Hoppy has already said he's got funds to bring in a couple of players after our Betfred cup run, we had only budgeted for the group stages so the games after that have been a bonus.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't see Pumpherston Juniors paying us for our 2 players on loan to them, dunno what Forfar will be paying for having Josh Peters on loan right enough but it will be something towards his wages..

Aye, the further down the rung you go the less will be expected to pay, we sent two young boys out on loan to the Juniors last year but their deals were only about £50 a week, it becomes a bit of a riddy if you're asking for clubs to cover that. But if you're getting youth players in from Premiership sides I'd be astounded if you weren't paying anything.

44 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Yeah it's great when we are on the TV no seen it a lot in my lifetime and it's that I live in Armadale and don't drive so it's a bit of a treck

Ah well, at least you can watch it at home on the telly this time, unless you can find somebody to give you a lift through, and back home after.  Just went down and got my car washed at the stadium, then went in and got 2 tickets, looking forward to this game with it being a no pressure game away from the league.

Remind me.... have Livingston always shown fiscal responsibility in the past? Especially in their desire to be a "big" Scottish Club?

If we'd pushed the boat out to sign Ryan from Airdrie, or keep Buchanan, you may have had a point. But, as it stands, we've lost out on a player to a team from a division below, and probably numerous more to clubs from higher up in this one.

I imagine you were trying to be smart by making the point but ultimately, you've made a tit of this one, mate.

10 minutes ago, Afro said:

If we'd pushed the boat out to sign Ryan from Airdrie, or keep Buchanan, you may have had a point. But, as it stands, we've lost out on a player to a team from a division below, and probably numerous more to clubs from higher up in this one.

I imagine you were trying to be smart by making the point but ultimately, you've made a tit of this one, mate.

Let's wait and see.

I'm confused as to why a QoS fan has decided to come on here and give us it tight about our financial situation ? 

I mean I'd have understood it if we had just played Queens and there was a degree of controversy but it's just came from nowhere. 

Its strange he's chose now to have a go as well when we are arguably in the best state off the pitch we've been for a very long time. 

A QoS fan that knows nothing about my club has said let's wait and see so I'm now worried.