Livingston - all the threads merged

Thomson is an excellent signing, who should walk into your starting eleven. He's a good tackler, runs all day, is strong on the ball and seemed to add a goal threat to his game during his time at Queens. Versatile too. 

I'm gutted we've not got him back, and even more gutted that he's going to a team I would consider a rival of ours.

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Joe Thompson joins us on loan from Celtic, dunno anything about him but from Hoppy's description he sounds like he'll be a good allrounder in midfield for us to use when we're needing to rotate players to rest them a bit. Plenty cover in midfield anyway, and all good quality players.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/joe-thompson-arrives-loan/

There is no chance whatsoever that Joe Thomson will be a squad player at Livingston to be used when others need a rest. Joe Thomson is a starting level pick for any team in this division. Great signing for you.

There is no chance whatsoever that Joe Thomson will be a squad player at Livingston to be used when others need a rest. Joe Thomson is a starting level pick for any team in this division. Great signing for you.

Absolutely.

Based on what we were apparently paying for him he wont be coming cheap either.

Good stuff, encouraging praise from other teams fans, not sure he'll walk into our team though, Keaghan, Byrne and Pittman are all excellent midfielders that also run all day, tackle like animals and good going forward too. Gives us plenty depth in our squad to rotate it and rest up players.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Games are coming fast though with the league and 2 cup comps having midweek fixtures i can see Hoppy rotating the squad. Our core 3 midfielders would've had a lot of games and if Thomson is as good as everyone is saying then it will give us a chance to rest up some of them.

Wonder who else he'll bring in, we could prob do with a defender for cover now, ffs no another midfielder.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good stuff, encouraging praise from other teams fans, not sure he'll walk into our team though, Keaghan, Byrne and Pittman are all excellent midfielders that also run all day, tackle like animals and good going forward too.

Very good. One of them wont be playing though. Joe Thomson walks into any midfield in this division bar none and he hasnt come from Celtic when he could start for pretty much anyone else in this division to sit on your bench.

I thought they would have loaned him to a Premiership side this season. 

Given the intensity with which our midfield three in particular have been pressing, it's not a stretch to say the four of them will get plenty of game time between them. And that's discounting both Robinson and Brown from the reckoning as well.

Another centre half in for cover and we'll be well stocked I think.

Just now, Afro said:

Given the intensity with which our midfield three in particular have been pressing, it's not a stretch to say the four of them will get plenty of game time between them. And that's discounting both Robinson and Brown from the reckoning as well.

Another centre half in for cover and we'll be well stocked I think.

Yeah we could do with another CB, if we're signing quality players I wouldn't say no to a striker that would be better than the ones we have. Surely that's us done getting midfielders though.:lol:

By the sounds of things this is a great bit of business by Hoppy and the club. 

Will really push our 3 midfielders hard now which is only a good thing. 

We really are building an excellent squad, add another defender and if possible another striker and we will be pushing for a top half finish. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Brilliant signing for you.He will start for you  to good to be on the bench.

Would have liked him back at Queens you will have a good season with Thomson in your team

Good to see him getting good reviews. Don't doubt he'll be a starter but for Hopkin the big question is who drops out. Neither Byrne, Jacobs nor Pittman have had any howlers or anything to see them dropped to the bench. Still, good headache for him to have, a CB next, even if just for cover, and I'll be very happy (and that doesn't happen often).

Keaghan isn't in the squad today and Thomson hasn't been picked to start, good strong bench too, you could switch 6 starting players with our 6 outfield subs and we'd still have a good starting eleven.

Your Livi team for today: Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, De Vita, Longridge, Mullin, Mullen, Mackin

On the bench for the Lions: Carrick, Thomson, Cadden, Robinson, Knox, Todorov, Maley.

Will be a difficult choice deciding which 3 to use, Robinson is 2 goals for 2 appearances, Carrick will prob replace Mackin or Mullen, Cadden is usually a straight swap for Mullin, Toddy would also be a good defensive option to see out the game, and Thomson is meant to be shit hot too, some bench.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER