Livingston - all the threads merged

Very well said on your 1st post Afro I agree with all of it (not that your latest post was bad, that's the first I've noticed that tattoo).

On the subject of Hopkin, just gotta say I've backed him from the beginning. UNLIKE burchill, he went to England and played at a good level over a long space of time. He has the knowledge of the game and seems like a bloody good bloke. I think he's instilled discipline and has taken this on as as something which means a lot to him. Best manager we've had since Bollan.

Respect to big Dave.

Cheers.

Just went onto your club's FB page and listened to Houston's post match interview, deary me.:lol:

Embarrassing. You are direct in your style but it is up to us to deal with it. Ok we have loads of injuries but he needs to get a grip and admit his and his teams failing. For a team like us to go with one up against a big strong physical 3 at the back was horrific.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Embarrassing. You are direct in your style but it is up to us to deal with it. Ok we have loads of injuries but he needs to get a grip and admit his and his teams failing. For a team like us to go with one up against a big strong physical 3 at the back was horrific.

Everyone seems to be making excuses for them looking horrible when they play us

Falkirk = Injuries, our playstyle
Dunfermline = Injuries
Partick = Fitness

Everyone seems to be making excuses for them looking horrible when they play us

Falkirk = Injuries, our playstyle
Dunfermline = Injuries
Partick = Fitness

Our manager is, our support aren't. You thoroughly deserved to win.

19275187_1542460172460485_39136092746588

Like This PagePage Liked · 1 hr ·

The players & backroom staff at the club have all chipped-in to replace th Drum that the DBM used to use. The new drum will be at the club for our next home game against St Mirren and can be collected from our kitman, Stephen Sproule.

All players and backroom staff used to really enjoy the atmosphere the drum created. Hopefully the fans can get behind the club even more this season to help push us on in the Championship.

Good stuff, anything that helps get the fans behind the team is welcome, plus it annoys the shit out of the away fans so that's another plus.:thumsup2

Very well said on your 1st post Afro I agree with all of it (not that your latest post was bad, that's the first I've noticed that tattoo).

On the subject of Hopkin, just gotta say I've backed him from the beginning. UNLIKE burchill, he went to England and played at a good level over a long space of time. He has the knowledge of the game and seems like a bloody good bloke. I think he's instilled discipline and has taken this on as as something which means a lot to him. Best manager we've had since Bollan.

Respect to big Dave.

Agree with you that Hopkin comes across a decent guy, anyone who's been at one of the fans forums will be able to tell that he's very much committed to achieving a lot with us. Great to see his mentality has been instilled in the players, too; I'll quite happily admit I was unimpressed when he was originally appointed and even more so when he was kept on, but he's learned from his first season and has done more so for this one. As I said originally, it could easily go tits up for us but I'm glad to have been proven wrong so far about him.

19275187_1542460172460485_3913609274658890049_n.png?oh=05ce8a4323e01b8148ba7bf18a711555&oe=5A2CCCA6     Livingston FC   Like This PagePage Liked · 1 hr ·       The players & backroom staff at the club have all chipped-in to replace th Drum that the DBM used to use. The new drum will be at the club for our next home game against St Mirren and can be collected from our kitman, Stephen Sproule.

All players and backroom staff used to really enjoy the atmosphere the drum created. Hopefully the fans can get behind the club even more this season to help push us on in the Championship.  

Good stuff, anything that helps get the fans behind the team is welcome, plus it annoys the shit out of the away fans so that's another plus.:thumsup2

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (the "DBM"), but moves like this to engage with the supporters is excellent to see. The next big move should be to reach out to lapsed supporters and get ourselves out there to the folk in the town.

19275187_1542460172460485_3913609274658890049_n.png?oh=05ce8a4323e01b8148ba7bf18a711555&oe=5A2CCCA6     Livingston FC   Like This PagePage Liked · 1 hr ·       The players & backroom staff at the club have all chipped-in to replace th Drum that the DBM used to use. The new drum will be at the club for our next home game against St Mirren and can be collected from our kitman, Stephen Sproule.

Dunfermline fans used to have a drum, if done properly it's good. If (as it mostly was) it's done terribly it's more annoying for anyone in the vicinity, were the DBM the ten blokes in the corner of the stand for the first game? Can't see that taking off tbf.

I'd compare Livi to the Raith squad that finished second to us a while back, short in quality but make up for it with a high work ethic. If you had Tade upfront, or someone comparable to that you'd pose a far bigger threat from open play.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline fans used to have a drum, if done properly it's good. If (as it mostly was) it's done terribly it's more annoying for anyone in the vicinity, were the DBM the ten blokes in the corner of the stand for the first game? Can't see that taking off tbf.

I'd compare Livi to the Raith squad that finished second to us a while back, short in quality but make up for it with a high work ethic. If you had Tade upfront, or someone comparable to that you'd pose a far bigger threat from open play.

Our midfield are a threat from open play, did you see the 2 goals we scored against Falkirk on Tues night, both by midfielders getting on the end of a ball into the box. It's a pity Buchanan didn't stay with us though, he'd have got 15+ in the Championship and added a goal threat to the forwards, Mullen is more a nuisance to defenders and goal  provider than an out and out goal scorer, but he'll score 9 or 10 goals too. So far we've scored 11 goals in all comps by 8 different players, we don't rely on just the one player to score which is good.

Don't agree with you about us not having quality in our team, Gallagher, Halkett and Pittman are quality players. Byrne and Jacobs are very good for this level too and wee Knox is showing his potential this season, also think Mullen will go on to bigger things than the SPFL Championship.

I'd have Gallagher and Jacob's down as very good players for this level, Halket and Byrne very good for this level? Meh.

Pittman scored a good goal against us but I don't remember him striking me as been all round quality, good work rate on him though. Jacob's was the one making things tick.

I know Pars fans don't rate Byrne but he's been excellent for us. I'd say Halkett and Pittman were our 2 best players last season and have been just as good in the games this season too. Pittman was our 3rd top goal scorer last season too, he scores a lot of goals from outside the box. Pity he hadn't taken our pen or we'd have won.

On 10/08/2017 at 00:48, LIVIFOREVER said:

St Mirren=need to toughen up against our big physical bullies.

I fail to see how that's making an excuse. In any defeat, you'll take a look at yourself and see what can be done to improve. Fact is, we were bullied all over the park and I can't see how that can be taken as either an excuse or a gripe. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I fail to see how that's making an excuse. In any defeat, you'll take a look at yourself and see what can be done to improve. Fact is, we were bullied all over the park and I can't see how that can be taken as either an excuse or a gripe. 

I don't think we were overly physical against St Mirren, not anymore physical than your players anyway, Carrick went off injured after being clattered and we had a few players with knocks that came off limping after the FT whistle. We fight hard in midfield though and put in a lot of effort, as did St Mirren. Actually thought this was the hardest game I've seen us have so far this season, St Mirren didn't give us any space to get our passing game going and made us play quite scrappily. Maybe Ross was more referring to our big CB's being able to push your forwards about right enough, and we were winning that battle all game, it looked like you could have played all week and not score against us.

Joe Thompson joins us on loan from Celtic, dunno anything about him but from Hoppy's description he sounds like he'll be a good allrounder in midfield for us to use when we're needing to rotate players to rest them a bit. Plenty cover in midfield anyway, and all good quality players.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/joe-thompson-arrives-loan/